Lucas Mathysse v Ruslan Provodnikov - 4/18/15 Discussion

majent

Oklahoma Sooners
4 of my favorite fighters. danny garcia v lamont peterson on 4/11

lucas mathysse v ruslan provodnikov on 4/18

let's discuss

the price is a bit too high on garcia so i might stay off that one..

i like mathysse at -140 or whatever it is now

I'm not feeling 5/2 and 5/9. money may and tax lien pacman are fighting way too late for my taste. and canelo v kirkland on 5/9 does not get me pumped up. canelo's style is unappealing for me but i don't know much about kirkland

I personally loved watching Peterson whip Cry-baby Khan. Elevated testosterone levels and all. It was bloody brilliant.

i just got acquainted with kirkland, he is damn good. +400 v canelo he is very live!

Keep in mind no Anne Wolfe in Kirkland's corner for this fight. She's the crazy ass trainer that brings the best out of Kirkland with her military style camps and brutal honesty and aggression in his corner during the fight. The last time he was without Wolfe he was KO'd in round 1 by feather-fisted Nobuhiro Ishida. That was EASILY the upset of the year, if not the decade.

If Kirkland wasn't such a flake when it comes to life decisions and was smart enough to have Wolfe train him for the biggest fight of his life I would expect a slug-fest that could possibly be as good as Kirkland-Angulo. But since he's training with some nobody I expect Canelo to brutalize him and bury him in a few short rounds. Should be fun while it lasts though.

For those who haven't seen much of Kirkland, here's how entertaining he can be:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i0pHx02Ri30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

153 hours until Armageddon. It has been a loooong while since I've been as pumped for a fight as Matthysse v Provodnikov. Turning Stone is going to be an absolute madhouse of fight fans for this one and I honestly expect something comparable to Gatti-Ward I's fight and atmosphere.

153 hours until Armageddon. It has been a loooong while since I've been as pumped for a fight as Matthysse v Provodnikov. Turning Stone is going to be an absolute madhouse of fight fans for this one and I honestly expect something comparable to Gatti-Ward I's fight and atmosphere.

Agree. I have no idea who to favor in this fight. I had originally told myself that I'd just blindly bet on the underdog. I really have no clue who's going to win.

Change of plans. Going with Matthysse -145. Just feel like he has more ways to win. He's definitely the more polished boxer. Ruslan swells and cuts up. Lucas needs this one.

Also gonna play Andrzej Fonfara +240. Wouldn't be even a little bit shocked if he pulls the upset.

Still looking.....

Not so sure on Fonny....granted, fuckin JCC is a shitshow.......BUT....you know

Forgot to tell you guys. Dirrell brothers were back to working out in my condo community. My pops is the Homeowner President so they were talking to him and offered him tickets to both fights but he couldnt go to them. Fights are in Chicago and Boston.

As much as I know the judges will be on Chavez's side there's no way Fonfara +270 on 5dimes right now isn't value. This is the biggest and longest guy Chavez has fought by a mile and Fonfara has the work rate to frustrate Chavez all night. Even if Chavez comes in 100% focused (zero chance of this) I think he'll struggle to find any kind of rhythm and Fonfara has CLEARLY showed against Stevenson that he can turn it on late in a fight.

Forgot to tell you guys. Dirrell brothers were back to working out in my condo community. My pops is the Homeowner President so they were talking to him and offered him tickets to both fights but he couldnt go to them. Fights are in Chicago and Boston.

Damn GLB. Shoulda had your pops snag those Boston tix for you. That Dirrell v Degale fight is very intriguing and has a chance to be really exciting. Rooting hard for Andre with what he's gone through the in the last four years. A win in this fight on network TV (NBC) will mean very big things of Andre in the immediate future.

Change of plans. Going with Matthysse -145. Just feel like he has more ways to win. He's definitely the more polished boxer. Ruslan swells and cuts up. Lucas needs this one.

Also gonna play Andrzej Fonfara +240. Wouldn't be even a little bit shocked if he pulls the upset.

Great night Jab :shake:

My man sees a beauty....

nice night...

i wonder what JCC tells his son tonight.... I watched with my Father and my son....tough to explain. But no! It is a sport son....I'm toast....but my kids know the difference between boxing and fighting

means a lot
xxx

Good night for the sharps boys. Hope everyone got a piece of that Fonfara pie. Chavez a total joke at the light-heavy weight class.

Thanks, fellas. Good night of boxing for sure. Been in a little bit of slump lately, so it was nice to get back on track.

13 days till the big one.

I picked Mathysse and scored the fight 7 rds to 5. I can see it being a draw as well. I don't get phased by Ruslan's beat up face because he has horrible skin and bruises and swells easily. I think Lucas did most of his damage in just a few early rds instead of spreading out the beating, hence the close scoring by the judges. I don't think either fighter should meet again as they took and will take too much punishment. I think we can also see why the talented Danny Garcia does not want anything to do with Mathysse again.

I picked Mathysse and scored the fight 7 rds to 5. I can see it being a draw as well. I don't get phased by Ruslan's beat up face because he has horrible skin and bruises and swells easily. I think Lucas did most of his damage in just a few early rds instead of spreading out the beating, hence the close scoring by the judges. I don't think either fighter should meet again as they took and will take too much punishment. I think we can also see why the talented Danny Garcia does not want anything to do with Mathysse again.

Man, Ruslan busts up so badly. I remember with like a minute left in the first round, he was ALREADY turning red.

Back