LSU v. Texas Discussion & Herman

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Fascinating, definitely hits close to home. Very interested to see the Horns play a team built on physicality. LSU meets that definition.

Capping? Could not set up better for Herman, especially at home. The #s are insane. Pretty well documented, but his teams have been dogs 15 times as head coach at Houston and Texas.

They’ve covered the spread in 13 of those games and won 12 of them outright. Yeah, the #s are that crazy.

Last edited:
I’m going to watch the Tech game before getting into specifics but I liked the matchup from LSU’s perspective coming into the season based on what each was returning, but this will be one of those huge atmosphere games where anything can happen.

LSU will definitely throw it around more and play faster than what we’ve seen in the past. Tough to predict how effective it will be as Georgia Southern has no athletes in the back 7 and couldn’t match up. We were getting 10+ on check downs and that obviously won’t happen next weekend. I believe the top 3 WRs (Jefferson, Chase, Marshall) are legit though and will cause some issues.

I’m a little concerned there wasn’t more of a push in the running game.

The defense is a typical LSU defense. Delpit is one of the best we’ve had in the last 20 years and given what Texas does on offense I would expect to hear Jacoby Stevens’ name to be called a lot. They found a home for him last year as a S/LB hybrid and he really came into his own in the second half of the season and looked good last night.

LSU will get two suspended starters back in Divinity (ILB) and Charles (LT).

Curious to see how they handle the noise with the new offense, if they can minimize penalties and maintain pace.

Also another angle is the LSU coaching search fiasco in 2016. Orgeron takes the talk about other coaches personally and for all the quotes you hear from him about “blocking out the noise” he is insecure, absolutely has rabbit ears when it comes to his performance and the ridiculous circumstances surrounding his unwarranted hire, etc.

There is no doubt this game has been circled and he will look to make a statement this week if given the chance.

Last edited:
I didn’t watch the LSU game so I can’t comment personally, but I’ve heard some say they are surprised that LSU opened up the offense so much for Georgia-Southern, giving Texas more film than necessary on the re-vamped system

The matchup to watch for me is Texas pass game against 2 starting freshman CBs. They weren’t tested last week, but I believe Aranda would not field them unless he felt confident in their abilities.

LSU only has one freshman CB. Fulton is a senior, started last year after being suspended as a sophomore and getting spot duty as a freshman. Stingley is a true freshman and has been hyped more than any freshman since Patrick Peterson. I could see him potentially having some matchup issues, and giving up some plays here or there, against what I think is a solid group on the Texas side. Beyond those two though depth is an issue, potentially something to watch if you see one of those two go down during the game.

LSU only has one freshman CB. Fulton is a senior, started last year after being suspended as a sophomore and getting spot duty as a freshman. Stingley is a true freshman and has been hyped more than any freshman since Patrick Peterson. I could see him potentially having some matchup issues, and giving up some plays here or there, against what I think is a solid group on the Texas side. Beyond those two though depth is an issue, potentially something to watch if you see one of those two go down during the game.
biggest fear, yea

I would Sting has been even more hyped than PP

there was no doubt this kid was a Day 1 starter

was a great read

really look at Alleva in a different light "standing up" against these guys a bit.....

I am no Alleva guy, but still.....

LSU will finally beat Bama this year. Easy road win here.
While I agree and am long on all LSU futures including Jeaux Burreaux for Heisman at 40/1 I prefer to say LSU will finally score on Bama this year. Baby steps. Less than 24 hours for the unveiling of the machine. LSU Team Total is an autobet until adjustments are made.

was a great read

really look at Alleva in a different light "standing up" against these guys a bit.....

I am no Alleva guy, but still.....
He didn’t stand up to anything, this article confirms his total incompetence and why he is no longer employed. He hired a lesser coach without even driving the price up on his competitor. The “bidding war” is what normal people call “negotiations”.

Horns down to, effectively, one RB for this game. It's Ingram and a converted QB and LB. The 6 RBs behind Ingram are hurt.

No bueno.
The role that depth and conditioning will play across the board in all games located in Texas and Louisiana tomorrow can not be overstated. Sure we know heat and humidity as well as any but today and this weekend are about as unforgiving as it gets in the US.....ever! The temperature will be over 100 and the heat index will top 110 easily.

I don't remember it being this hot in Austin in early September. Upwards of 105 today and still upper 90s around kickoff. I've already started drinking tons of water but will be transitioning fairly soon, likely too soon. Will be some warm tailgating today.

Really interested to see how the LSU's offense plays out tonight. Horns defense obviously sees this stuff over and over in conference play and this will be the first time LSU has had to roll it out in a hostile atmosphere. And, yes, DKR is now a really loud place to play. Listen tonight.

He didn’t stand up to anything, this article confirms his total incompetence and why he is no longer employed. He hired a lesser coach without even driving the price up on his competitor. The “bidding war” is what normal people call “negotiations”.
Like I said I am no Alleva guy, and what you may call negotiations more like hostage hold ups.....
look at these buyouts....like what Muschamp has and Orgeron....who the fuck are these guys to have buyouts like this?
Again, I am no Alleva guy, just think it sheds a different light

we couldnt now, couldnt then write Teaxas sized checks

Back