LSU @ South Carolina

I also found this quote from Jordin Lindsey..................................With LSU coming to town, memories of last season's fake field goal for a touchdown by the Tigers will be revived. Lindsey was in the stands at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, La. watching the game and his reaction was similar to most Gamecock fans. "I had a lot of emotions about that play," Lindsey said. "It made me feel like they thought they could toy with us and it pissed me off. It made me mad even more, but we'll be ready for them this year."

It was a trick play. Why the fuck are SC fans getting their panties in a bunch and taking it so personal? This is bordering ridiculous IMO. It's as if SC would rather lose 56-6 than have a trick play run on them.

Of course the revenge spot is there, of course Spurrier remembers losing in Baton Rouge while the crowd chanted "you suck... cocks" but the continual mentioning of the fake FG is ridiculous. I think it was more than one play that makes SC want revenge.

VK, you asked about that fake field goal......Spurrier was asked after practice one day about it and he just smirked......I also found this quote from Jordin Lindsey..................................With LSU coming to town, memories of last season's fake field goal for a touchdown by the Tigers will be revived. Lindsey was in the stands at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, La. watching the game and his reaction was similar to most Gamecock fans. "I had a lot of emotions about that play," Lindsey said. "It made me feel like they thought they could toy with us and it pissed me off. It made me mad even more, but we'll be ready for them this year."

hehe yeah ... ... glad that spurrier remembers it more than anything.

thanks for the update on that ... last game left for me to bet .....looking like a +115 ml game at this point. bad choice of games to let slide away.

I'm not putting this on Mallory and Peveto yet. You could see our defense blowing coverage last year. Hell, watch the NC game and you will see multiple occurences. We were able to overcome it in the big game because of the disparity in strength, speed, and talent. We can't afford to fuck up against a Percy Harvin or a Timmy Tebow. The slowness in setting up likely comes from having young kids on the field.

OK I never put the defense of last year on a pedastal.

They started out great for about 4 games and then BOOM soft pansy zone coverage with supremely talented athletes. WTF.

Hence the losses to Kentucky and well I will just give Arkansas credit they whooped that ass. But the point being the aggression, sending 5 and 6 at the QB, bringing safeties and lbs it all disappeared. And we kept these two clowns for what????? to continue with Pelini's soft 4 man front with a dropback zone coverage and our LBs hanging out in no mans land?
The inability to get the plays in was understandable the first couple weeks but at this point it is just ridiculous.

I am not sure what you are seeing but our defense is as bad as its been in 5-6 years if not more. Its not the secondary at fault here it is the scheme or lacktherefore of one. Say it aint so!

It was a trick play. Why the fuck are SC fans getting their panties in a bunch and taking it so personal? This is bordering ridiculous IMO. It's as if SC would rather lose 56-6 than have a trick play run on them.

Of course the revenge spot is there, of course Spurrier remembers losing in Baton Rouge while the crowd chanted "you suck... cocks" but the continual mentioning of the fake FG is ridiculous. I think it was more than one play that makes SC want revenge.

I dun care about the play, I thought it was fantastic to be honest but I'm sure its a play that sticks out in the minds of most when they remember the LSU game. I do think besids the whole "you beat us last yr, we want revenge this yr" type thing, South Carolina feels very disrespected by LSU and thats been a large source of motivation this weak, earning respect.

Weren't the LSU fans also cheering "Fuck You Spurrier"?

I am not sure what you are seeing but our defense is as bad as its been in 5-6 years if not more. Its not the secondary at fault here it is the scheme or lacktherefore of one. Say it aint so!

Our defense is very overrated, PG, but the aggressive defense left with Saban though. We have a talented DL, our LBs are above average but not the greatest, and our DBs are as green as ETG's ganja. I hate to say it but we have been receiving undue praise for a few seasons now on offense.

Still in the big picture UF was one of the two or three losses I expected this year. We have freshmen all over the field! To expect more than a 10-2 season with the loss of Flynn, Dorsey, Steltz, Chevis, and Zenon is setting yourself up for a letdown. (The above paragraph was more of a general statement to Tiger fans than you, PG, because I don't know what your expectations were this yr.)

That being said, I think LSU is being overly discounted this weekend. I'm not playing the game but LSU -3 would be the play IMO. I have yet to see someone say that SC is a better team than LSU, and I think the coaching advantage is a means but not the end.

Weren't the LSU fans also cheering "Fuck You Spurrier"?

Probably. I was a fifth deep in Makers Mark, so I only remember half the chants. Also, remember last yr's game was rained on. The sloppy conditions slowed down a faster LSU team. The speed differential could mean nothing or it could have meant more plays on both sides of the ball equating to more points for LSU or less points for SC. Just my take...

6 sacks allowed ... 3 turnovers. ( unofficial )

Those were the concerns and it is exactly what cost them.

Back