LSU @ Da SWAMP

MrMulligan

Pretty much a regular
Just got the news that (perhaps) the best pass rushing DT in the SEC Marcus Thomas...famous for late night trips to Taco Bell and being a Bob Marley afficionado....WILL PLAY BABY...:smiley_acbe:

This is HUGE....JaMarcus Russell will have to beat us, LSU WILL NOT run on Da Gators. Our weakness on D are the corners and Russell has had a solid year BUT if he's on his azz most of the game (from what I hear, LSU's best guard is out and the other is "banged-up").....well, y'all know the rest of the story.

Also, remember that our fantastic frosh WR/RB Percy Harvin will be back at full speed...he could've played last week. Look for more O-twists that resulted in our biggest plays last week....a throw or two deep from Tebow (when the entire country expects him to run) AND a run or two from Leak.

A LOOK INSIDE THE (TRUE) NUMBERS:

UF's (GIMMICK) OFFENSE: #38 Rushing #17 Passing
LSU's (Who Dat) Offense: #55 Rushing #20 Passing

UF's (Swarming) DEFENSE: #4 Rushing #64 Passing
LSU's (Dominating) Def: #11 Rushing #3 Passing

Huge advantage for the LSU Passing D correct? Quoting a senile old man, "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND". A look inside the numbers shows LSU has faced (on average) the #80 Passing Offense (Tulane had the best passing O...Auburn is actually a PUTRID #81). While UF has faced (on average) the #43 Passing O...and remember, this was without their best pass rusher for the past 2 weeks.

INTANGIBLES:

GATOR HOMECOMING

Urban Meyer hasn't lost a home game in FIVE years/Gators (obviously) haven't lost @ home since he came in and instituted the Gator Walk, singing of the UF Fight Song after a W...in essense, brought the great Gator pride back after the dark Zooker years.

Oh yea, I'll take Meyer (who ya can't deny is growing with every SEC win) over Miles on gameday, too!

Just wanted to help set the record straight, as I've seen sooo many cappers blindly reaching for LSWho based on their stellar D alone. (Keep an eye on the Nation's best ball hawking FS Reggie Nelson: 2 picks vs. UT & a pick 6 vs. Bama.)

It'll come down to UF's "improvisational" running game making some positive yardage so Leak has time and JaMarcus Russell beating the Gator D with his arm. Y'all know who I'll be on...late Reggie Nelson INT puts it away...17-10 Da Good Guys.

Mully :drink: :cheers: :drink:

I'm going to have to fade you here, Mully. I think LSU is a much better team than the Gators and they will play hard to resist two losses in the SEC. This is one I thought the Gators would lose before the season started and I have seen nothing to change it.

So, we're going to have to find another game to be on together.
beer.gif

Agree with SoonerBS here...I have seen both teams quite a bit this year. Both teams will be very motivated (obviously), but my 'visual' handicapping skills tell me that LSU is the better team...slightly...on both sides of the ball. Florida was 'lucky' to get by Tennessee and they go down here.

Just my .02.

I don't see much discussion on the total in this game -- sitting at 40 1/2 right now -- I have to think both coaches are thinking this game can be lost by 1 poor decision and both with play it very conservative and wait for the other team to blink -- any thoughts?

Agreed. I was thinking UNDER before debating on the side. I'm playing the under 40.5 str8 along with Gators +11/U47.5 teased & LSU +5/U47.5 teased. This should be a thriller. Good health Mully.

Well I wont sit here and dispute the flaws in your home cooked argument I will point out that you are in for a complete different game from what you saw at Auburn. This is my prediction of how things unfold.

(I do have some money on LSU but I have much more on the Over)

* LSU will not run on Florida - Florida will have trouble running on LSU
* The field will be stretched out all day long and big plays will be the norm of the day
* Leak will have trouble playing this whole game - The Tebow lovers may get what they want and don't want all at the same time
* I will be shocked if we don't see FORTY FOUR points yes FORTY FOUR
* MILES IS A HORRIBLE COACH that learns from his mistakes
* Russell is likely as big as almost any defensive player the Gators will throw at him. (i.e. Leak should be afraid very very afraid)
* LSU did coach a very poor game against Auburn and LSU should have won dispite the ridiculous game long zebra rapings.
* Florida will be missing several players after this game which will negatively impact them going forward regardless if they get the win.
* LSU will be the most physical team Florida plays all year - HANDS DOWN

I'm not blindly saying the Tigers have a shot here. There is no question in my mind that LSU is the better team if you completely erase the coaching angles. Miles is no genius but I have faith that he has listened to the complaints and will put Russell in the shotgun more and will stretch the field early just so Florida knows what they are up against. LSU has 3 WRs that I am convinced will find a roster spot on Sundays and 1 freshmen that will eventually have the same chances. Both of these teams load the field with weapons and lean on their defense. That's why this game will be higher scoring than most people expect. LSU lost their boring conservative play calling game. We got the horses and we want to know if Florida wants to run with us......In the end......I THINK NOT!
LSU 27 FLA 20

LSU will hurt Leak this game...This team is one of the 3 best in the country iMHO.

jimmymo said:
I don't see much discussion on the total in this game -- sitting at 40 1/2 right now -- I have to think both coaches are thinking this game can be lost by 1 poor decision and both with play it very conservative and wait for the other team to blink -- any thoughts?

SEE AUBURN - LSU

Its public information that LSU is not interested in hoping to get a break to win a tight game. Not many teams have the ability to outscore LSU and I fully expect the first display to be this Saturday. Good Health.

Dont be surprised to see 14 points in the 1st QTR.....It's going down!

One poor call away from winning is not an option.

NOTE: this total was at 40 went to 39.5 and now its up to 40.5

abcs--thelegend said:
LSU will hurt Leak this game...This team is one of the 3 best in the country iMHO.

About time we agreed on something......

Not only that WE ARE PISSED OFF & Tulane and Miss St did not relieve our EXTREME AGGRAVATION with both pisspoor playcalling and ZEBRA DICK!

Damn, my boyz...guess I'm all alone on this BIATCH...agree that LSU is a very good team...BUT I also think y'all have severly UNDER-VALUED this Gator D....:smiley_acbe:

And will both teams being close to equal, ya gotta believe the Swamp and Meyer...plus Leak's four years vs. JaMarcus Russell's four games...gives us a DECIDED edge baby. (Of course I'm an UNABASHED HOMER.)

Good health to all u DEGENERATES, something tells me we'll be riding many a winna together on Saturday...:cheers:

Mully :drink::wacka wacka: :drink:

Back