lookahead week 3 who would you play at these #s

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
some power rating lines. wondering who you would like at these numbers. also to lindetrain and others who do power ratings. any major differences ?

georgia tech -4.5 home to Boston College

Virginia -4.5 home to north carolina

michigan st -3 home to pittsburgh

illinois -7 at syracuse

iowa -13.5 at iowa state

ohio state -6 at washington

purdue -14 home to c michigan

kansas -10 home to toledo

missouri -13 home to w michigan

usc -6 at nebraska

oklahoma st - 10 at troy

southern miss -4 at east carolina

houston -14 at tulane

nmsu -4 home to utep

navy -4 home to ball state

n illinois -12 home to e michigan

arizona -10 home to new mexico

alabama -6 home to arkansas

auburn -11.5 home to miss st

florida -6.5 home to tennessee

lsu -35 home to mtsu

stanford -3 home to sjsu

Id play Michigan State and USC probally pretty big. Would probally also look at Boston College, NMSU, and Florida

some power rating lines. wondering who you would like at these numbers. also to lindetrain and others who do power ratings. any major differences ?

illinois -7 at syracuse

iowa -13.5 at iowa state

usc -6 at nebraska

oklahoma st - 10 at troy

houston -14 at tulane

nmsu -4 home to utep

lsu -35 home to mtsu

stanford -3 home to sjsu

Those kinda stick out to me...especially sparty...is -3 not supposed to be -13 or something..?

perhaps i didnt adjust my power ratings enough for pitt injuries and mich st opening day bashing of uab. any others looking off ?

Id say Troy might be 7 or 8 point dogs maybe. Not to far off and you might still be spot on with it but I would look at Troy if I could get 10

georgia tech -4.5 home to Boston College BC- Think they have enough offense to beat Tech

Virginia -4.5 home to north carolina no opinion, small lean to UVA

michigan st -3 home to pittsburgh. gimme MSU

illinois -7 at syracuse hmm.. road chalk with Illy? I can't touch Cuse at all though

iowa -13.5 at iowa state see above, I skipp all games involved Iowa St

ohio state -6 at washington Want to see Washington this wkend so its tough here. They could gain a lot of momentum with a win.

purdue -14 home to c michigan.. hmm Purdue laying 2 td's, I know they will score, think number is a little high for me.

kansas -10 home to toledo I have not seen KU play but they already trashed 1 MAC team.

missouri -13 home to w michigan I think I would take Missouri -13

usc -6 at nebraska. Interesting, I think I lean USC.

oklahoma st - 10 at troy. oky st sucks on the road until proven otherwise. I guess that is why the number is short but still won't catch me laying points with them.

southern miss -4 at east carolina. SoMiss should cover this as well.

houston -14 at tulane.. If you catch Houston when they are on a roll, they should cover thsi spread. too much team speed.

nmsu -4 home to utep Yup, gimme NMST here

navy -4 home to ball state. no opinion

n illinois -12 home to e michigan. Take the dogs in the MAC, gimme EMU.

arizona -10 home to new mexico. Can they score 10 points? lol,

alabama -6 home to arkansas.. Think this line is high, maybe -2 or -1, but -6?

auburn -11.5 home to miss st...hmmm Messy St offense is so bad otherwise I would take the points.

florida -6.5 home to tennessee.. Interesting game, Tenn+points

lsu -35 home to mtsu. LSU off big win, MTSU might be able to cover this..

stanford -3 home to sjsu SJSU is in some trouble without their RB, I would give Stanford a hard look

Those are quick thoughts

Like Michigan State -3.0 but with the injuries to Stull I look to see this at -6.0

Georgia Tech at -4.5 peaks my interest because I think Tech has a very solid running game and should be able to keep Ryan off the field and frustrate him into a couple of picks.

W.Michigan +13.0--Despite what we saw in Morgantown they are a very good offensive football team and will be able to score on the Tigers.

ISU +13.5--Rivalry game on the road and the Hawkeyes are almost two touchdown favorites. If ISU handles UNI this weekend then I would fell confident in taking the Cyclones. Don't know if the Hawkeyes will be able to score more than 24 points most of the season.

Alabama -6.0--Giving too many points here as I expect to see the line at -3.5 or -4.0 but I think Alabama is very good and Arkansas still cannot throw the ball.

Kansas -10.0--Toledo is an absolute mess with the gambling accusations swirling around them. Toledo is a fade all year and Kansas looked awful impressive against CMU winning by 45 points.

redsds

d

Georgia Tech slightly
Virginia def.
eh
illinois -7 at syracuse
eh
iowa -13.5 at iowa state
Iowa
OSU big
eh
eh
Mizz big
usc -6 at nebraska
USC big, will not be nearly this low
oklahoma st - 10 at troy
OSU
eh
houston -14 at tulane
HOU
nmsu -4 home to utep
NMSU
eh
eh
eh
BAMA!
hard to believe it would be this low, even if they lose to USF, still wouldn't bet the tigers though
TENN!
lsu -35 home to mtsu
eh
stanford -3 home to sjsu
eh

georgia tech -4.5 home to Boston College - This looks pretty good IMO.

Virginia -4.5 home to north carolina - I would say 6 or 7 here, but 4.5 could easily be right.

michigan st -3 home to pittsburgh I agree with the others. I would have this in the 10-11 area.

illinois -7 at syracuse This actually may be right. Syracuse is that bad right now.

iowa -13.5 at iowa state I would have this at about 10.

ohio state -6 at washington Doesn't look too bad, but this will probably be over a touchdown IMO and maybe as high as 10. When did Washington become great all of a sudden?

purdue -14 home to c michigan Maybe a little lower, but 14 seems good. I want to see how CMU reacts this week against Toledo.

kansas -10 home to toledo This seems reasonable. Should be interesting to see where they put this line after the CMU game, seeing as both teams have played them.

missouri -13 home to w michigan - I would put this in the 10 area, but this could be right too. At -14, I'd have to take WMU.

usc -6 at nebraska I think this will be 7.

oklahoma st - 10 at troy Very tough line to set IMO, both on the spread and O/U. The O/U will be high, that's for sure. I like this line.

southern miss -4 at east carolina No clue. I'll go with your line here.

houston -14 at tulane Seems solid.

nmsu -4 home to utep If Utep sticks with TT this week, there could be value here. I think this is closer to a TD.

navy -4 home to ball state I think Navy torches this team, but may be I am wrong as this is a weird game. I would went with Navy in the -8 to -10 area.

n illinois -12 home to e michigan I like it.

arizona -10 home to new mexico Might be a little high.

alabama -6 home to arkansas I like this line too.

auburn -11.5 home to miss st I would say that this somewhere between -14 and -17, but I understand that number as well.

florida -6.5 home to tennessee 7 seems right.

lsu -35 home to mtsu I guess this looks right. Tough line to set.

stanford -3 home to sjsu This will hinge on the Yonus Davis injury, as its pretty important. It's the difference betwen a #1 RB and a platoon of #3 guys. The KSU line went -17 to -19.5 once he was declared out. I am in the minority in thinking that SJSU is a decent team and will be looking to bet them when Davis is healthy.

Keep in mind that these are ramblings of someone who does not project lines and is generally not good at it. :cheers:

Thanks for the input folks. just wanted to get a rough idea ..... i wish everyone happiness and money tomorrow, except the bookies.

Back