List the coaches you think will be fired tomorrow?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Garrett is safe

was discussing this today with a few friends. he obviously should be fired, but with the way its set up in Dallas, seriously who would take that job and work for Jerry? They are a high profile team so they are going to want somebody who is known, not take a chance on a no name, but the problem is that nobody who's any good at coaching is going to want to come in and be Jones' puppet. As long as he insists on making personnel decisions, whoever takes this job is going ot be in a no win situation.

Think about it, if Garrett was fired today, who would take that job?

was discussing this today with a few friends. he obviously should be fired, but with the way its set up in Dallas, seriously who would take that job and work for Jerry? They are a high profile team so they are going to want somebody who is known, not take a chance on a no name, but the problem is that nobody who's any good at coaching is going to want to come in and be Jones' puppet. As long as he insists on making personnel decisions, whoever takes this job is going ot be in a no win situation.

Think about it, if Garrett was fired today, who would take that job?
I would take it if I was a NFL coach under consideration for the job. A chance to be a NFL head coach doesn't come around often and you have to take it no matter the owner imo. The worst that can happpen is that you get fired and collect millions of dollars on the remainder of your contract.

I think Garrett is a pretty poor coach. They certainly could fire him for lack of success (generally), but to fire him after yesterday when the starting QB didn't play and they were still in it for the title is probably poor timing. If Romo plays that game and they get housed at home, I'd say he's gone without question.

I would take it if I was a NFL coach under consideration for the job. A chance to be a NFL head coach doesn't come around often and you have to take it no matter the owner imo. The worst that can happpen is that you get fired and collect millions of dollars on the remainder of your contract.

I think what D Wow was implying is that which high profile coach or good coach would want to coach for Jerry. Of course newbies will want the job who cares, but if you are a Bellichek, Harbaugh, etc and you call the shots it won't work out.

Any new kid on the block that gets this job is a puppet and yes man, but get a respectable coach who wants things his way they won't want this position.

What are the browns doing? They brought this guy in didnt they?

Yes, less than a year ago. Press conference today was high comedy. (Lombardi absent by the way, Dwow.) There was even a 3 Stooges reference in there in one of the questions. Haslam, Banner, and Lombardi.

I'd like to think the Browns wouldn't do this without a specific guy in mind or practically in place. Not that I'll like whoever that is.

Back