List the coaches you think will be fired tomorrow?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
And if Schwartz doesn't get canned that confirms the Lions don't care about winning. That whole coaching staff needs to go. Top to bottom they get the least out of their players.

I am shocked that Mike Smith isn't being mentioned, assumed he was loooong gone when his possible replacements were being pondered midseason on every talk show. Congrats to the rest of the division if you get another year of him!

question, in terms of finances whats the difference with resigning and getting the sack?
Yet the decision on whether to fire Shanahan is tied to the expensive contract he was signed to, with the coach set to earn $7 million a year through next season. If Shanahan is fired, he is owed the full remainder of the contract, along with the contracts of any assistant coaches who may be fired along with him. Snyder could be waiting to see if the coach resigns first, which would effectively negate the remaining year of salary from the contract.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/14/5209898/mike-shanahan-contract-dan-snyder-fired

Schwartz has a big buyout clause..nothing surprises me with anything Lions though..worst run organization in all of sports.

thought the Browns had that title?

Becoming the next ex-coach of the Browns is a dream come true for these guys, this team hands out more golden parachutes than the big banking industry. Chud's is reportedly $10-mil or so. If I were him, I don't think you'd ever hear from me again.

Tip are they seriously looking at Josh McDaniels?

is Josh McDaniels seriously considering Cleveland? Didn't they say they wanted Chud from the get-go, looked long and hard etc etc...now he's done? Ken Wiz is also on that list for Cleveland right? How do you take that org seriously

is Josh McDaniels seriously considering Cleveland? Didn't they say they wanted Chud from the get-go, looked long and hard etc etc...now he's done? Ken Wiz is also on that list for Cleveland right? How do you take that org seriously
Chud wasn't there first choice. Chip Kelly was. Then O'Brien, who I guess bombed the interview.

The guy that will be coveted is Ray Horton. I wonder if they look to him just to keep him.

The guy that will be coveted is Ray Horton. I wonder if they look to him just to keep him.

The players love Horton, and the defense is ranked high in yards allowed, but damn if his defense didn't blow a lot of games in the 4th quarter this year. Defense is talented and stayed relatively healthy, but finished not so hot in points allowed, red zone defense ... you know, the important stuff. Plus the pass rush disappeared. Not sure I'm sold on the guy. He'll probably get a HC job somewhere, or here, seems very well thought of around the league.

Not sure if this has been said, or if it's even all that unique to the Browns, but the Browns head coaches since returning in 1999 have been such epic failures, and so handsomely paid to go away, that not one of them has ever held another HC job after coaching the Browns. Only one of them (Mangenius) held one BEFORE coaching the Browns ...

Chris Palmer
Butch Davis
Terry Robiskie (interim)
Romeo Crenell
Eric Mangini
Pat Shurmur
Chud, out with a thud

Not sure if this has been said, or if it's even all that unique to the Browns, but the Browns head coaches since returning in 1999 have been such epic failures, and so handsomely paid to go away, that not one of them has ever held another HC job after coaching the Browns. Only one of them (Mangenius) held one BEFORE coaching the Browns ...

Chris Palmer
Butch Davis
Terry Robiskie (interim)
Romeo Crenell
Eric Mangini
Pat Shurmur
Chud, out with a thud
Romeo Crenell coached the chiefs after the browns but I see your point

Romeo Crenell coached the chiefs after the browns but I see your point

Oops, you're right. It was as if it didn't happen. He was the interim, got the gig for a year, then sucked on cue.

Chris Palmer
Butch Davis
Terry Robiskie (interim)
Romeo Crenell
Eric Mangini
Pat Shurmur
Chud, out with a thud
Same is true for the Lions (minus crenell coaching again) but go back like 40 years instead of 14.

Back