Lions vs. Jets Preview Article

I'm not paying him 20 million or more which is what it will take. Rodgers is the Jets starting QB in 2023 and my +550 will cash. If White is the guy I will root for the guy but the Jets are not winning a Super Bowl with him and that is all that matters.
Mike White is not going from a $2.5M cap hit to a $20M/year contract.

If the Jets are going to pay for a vet QB, go get Lamar and pay him the same as Rodgers. He is 13 years younger and will be a filthy presence and dual threat with those wideouts, and Breece / Bam Knight. I think Breece could be a superstar. Lamar has never had a stud RB or WR to work with. Jets have legit offensive playmakers for the first time ever.

Mike White is not going from a $2.5M cap hit to a $20M/year contract.

If the Jets are going to pay for a vet QB, go get Lamar and pay him the same as Rodgers. He is 13 years younger and will be a filthy presence and dual threat with those wideouts, and Breece / Bam Knight. I think Breece could be a superstar. Lamar has never had a stud RB or WR to work with. Jets have legit offensive playmakers for the first time ever.
Paying a brittle Lamar Jackson 30 million a year is beyond insane. Its one thing to be built like Josh Allen and run a lot taking big hits but Lamar isn't built to take those hits and he's already breaking down physically. Rodgers is the answer with the Jets having several star players still on rookie contracts.

Just talking it out more with you guys.. I'd feel better with Waddle (easily) if he were entering the game playing well. He barely got looks last week and now plays a better defense in wind with a QB with questionable arm strength. Wilson is playing with a shit QB but Detroit's D isn't exactly going to give anyone fits.

I also have Curtis Samuel as a 3rd, unconsidered option to this point, in the mix.

I got 23.3 from Kittle the other night and would not be sweating this but my opponent has Mahomes and Kelce of course

Just talking it out more with you guys.. I'd feel better with Waddle (easily) if he were entering the game playing well. He barely got looks last week and now plays a better defense in wind with a QB with questionable arm strength. Wilson is playing with a shit QB but Detroit's D isn't exactly going to give anyone fits.

I also have Curtis Samuel as a 3rd, unconsidered option to this point, in the mix.

I got 23.3 from Kittle the other night and would not be sweating this but my opponent has Mahomes and Kelce of course
I don't think either choice is good but Waddle has a better chance of turning a short pass into a long gain so he is probably the better choice.

Tiebreaker to me @Capaholic is that Cheetah will ALWAYS be the number 1 weapon a defense worries about. Waddle has a higher upside of Bills focus on stopping him. It’s a risk for sure, but as opposed to the others, I’m probably going with the guy with higher upside potential.

Lamar Jackson and Rodgers have a similar amount of time left in their careers - and that's only because Rodgers seems to be lazy and a shroomer or he'd likely outlast Lamar.

Still think Jimmy for 10 in a earn it next year deal to compete with Wilson is the best case scenario for the Jets. Paying Lamar 50 million a season is silly when he's a perennial playoff bust and not a top 10 QB.

Have you not seen what they‘ve consistently done to opposing qb pass stats since the
Miami game? Kirk Cousins got yards playing from behind with Justin Jefferson that‘s it. QBs averaging like a 71 passer rating

Lamar Jackson and Rodgers have a similar amount of time left in their careers - and that's only because Rodgers seems to be lazy and a shroomer or he'd likely outlast Lamar.

Still think Jimmy for 10 in a earn it next year deal to compete with Wilson is the best case scenario for the Jets. Paying Lamar 50 million a season is silly when he's a perennial playoff bust and not a top 10 QB.
Rodgers is worn out playing for a team he knows has no chance of winning. He will be rejuvenated playing for a Jets team with the players around him to win another championship.

Rodgers is worn out playing for a team he knows has no chance of winning. He will be rejuvenated playing for a Jets team with the players around him to win another championship.

He’s been basically brain dead since shrooming man. He’s not the answer for the Jets. He’s had way better teams in a worse division and conference and never broke through.

He’s been basically brain dead since shrooming man. He’s not the answer for the Jets. He’s had way better teams in a worse division and conference and never broke through.
Rodgers is still a franchise quarterback and he wants another championship before he retires and the Jets offer him that possibility.

Hard to believe we have this much interest in a Jets vs Lions game in December when this would usually be a fight for higher draft position. Regardless of who wins its nice to see these teams playing meaningful games this late in the season.

I just spent the last 10 mins reading this thread. Amazing stuff. This is another example of why this site just keeps delivering.

Rodgers is still a franchise quarterback and he wants another championship before he retires and the Jets offer him that possibility.

Is this next year? He certainly isn’t going to play into his 40s. Brady goes to bed at 7pm and drinks 300 ounces of water a day. Rodgers shrooms and has sex with the lights off so he doesn’t have to see the women.

Is this next year? He certainly isn’t going to play into his 40s. Brady goes to bed at 7pm and drinks 300 ounces of water a day. Rodgers shrooms and has sex with the lights off so he doesn’t have to see the women.
After the divorce there's no chance Brady gives a shit about his rituals. Prolly on a coke bender just to sober up right now

On another note, haven't played fantasy for a few years now but Lions defense seems like the most logical play out there

After the divorce there's no chance Brady gives a shit about his rituals. Prolly on a coke bender just to sober up right now

On another note, haven't played fantasy for a few years now but Lions defense seems like the most logical play out there

He better double down on his routine if he wants to beat out your beloved big cock Brock Purdy next year. He’ll pay the 9ers to play for them.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
I loved the Lions last week - because we know what frauds the Vikings are - and at times felt like every break went their way to hold on in that one. Don’t see this as a road team or a particularly tough one despite their HC emitting such. Would be shocked to see Goff play well here. He’s on borrowed time and the schedule has set up well for him and has hidden his shortcomings.

What does Saleh not get credit for the awesome defense, he only gets shat on for everything bad?

He’s a solid DC. But as a 9er fan he doesn’t hold a candle to Ryans. Who will be a better HC, too.

And if you watched you’d see the time management was F-. Worst you’ll ever see.

What does Saleh not get credit for the awesome defense, he only gets shat on for everything bad?
Does he get credit for the Lions scoring the winning TD at the end on his great defense and even if you let him off the hook that clock management the last minute was a fireable turn of events.

Went about as expected on this end.

Lions run defense great. The pass defense gave up a handful of big plays.

Honestly, at 13-10 it seemed like Detroit was grinding out a TD drive. As with the rest of the game, untimely holding calls killed that drive and they were stuck in no man's land on that FG.

Brilliant 4D call there.

Zach bailed them out twice at the end to have that chance at a tying FG. Granted, he missed the one pass to Moore there.

Proper team won today. Hopefully they don't fall on their faces in Carolina next week.

Went about as expected on this end.

Lions run defense great. The pass defense gave up a handful of big plays.

Honestly, at 13-10 it seemed like Detroit was grinding out a TD drive. As with the rest of the game, untimely holding calls killed that drive and they were stuck in no man's land on that FG.

Brilliant 4D call there.

Zach bailed them out twice at the end to have that chance at a tying FG. Granted, he missed the one pass to Moore there.

Proper team won today. Hopefully they don't fall on their faces in Carolina next week.
Lions deserved it but that doesn’t excuse Saleh from being incompetent.

Back