Lines on Conference Title games

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
Posted this on my ESPN Handicapper's thread, but since that concerned last week's games decided to start this thread. If there is already a thread on Conference Title games I didn't see it. If there is just move this to that thread

Interested in what you other handicappers think about all the title games. Last week of football so I have plenty of time to concentrate on just this handful of games

Lines on conference title games have jumped around a little after yesterdays games. I bet two last week and both moved a FG

Took N dame +7x and that is now Clemson -10x, 11 in some places. Looks like it may keep going up so think I'll take N Dame again when it gets as high as it looks like it will go

Took Alabama at -14x, it's up to -17x now. I still like it at the figure, but don't know if I'll add another unit

Oklahoma -6. I liked Iowa State at +4x, so like them even better at this number. Won't pull the trigger for a few days to see what the line does, but lean Iowa State.

Ohio State -20x, 21 here and there. Don't have a feel for this one. If I had to bet it I'd take Ohio State on general principles, but I never get any Northwestern game right whether I bet on them or against them

Cincinnati -15, 15x at one spot. I like Cincinnati, but not at this number. Cincinnati is predictable, you know what to expect. but no one, including the coaching staff and players, knows what Tulsa will do from one possession to the next

Coastal Carolina -4 v ULL. I like both these teams and the line looks right on the money to me. C Carolina has the best D and beat ULL at Ull by a FG during the season. Probably pass on this one

No line yet that I can find on Boise, S J State. Rumors about the SJS coach interviewing for other jobs may be a factor. I'm 5-0 on SJ State this year so lean to the Spartans

Another game I think may be a good opportunity is Texas A&M at Tennessee. Lots of talk and big push from SEC conference and media to promote aTm as a playoff team so the conference wants this game played. If it is I see 100% motivation for the Aggies, zero for Tennessee. Opening line was -13, now -8. I don't trust aTm as a cover team under normal conditions, but this game may be the exception

Don't see a line on Buffalo/Ball State yet. I love Buffalo, but the line may be too high

Last edited:
Back