Line Moves

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
Wondering if we should have a weekly thread about big jumps in line moves and any info related to such?

I never really knew exactly what/who was being discussed in the thread where Rex and others would follow some line changes, but enjoyed following along.

I was surprised to see Buffalo go from +5.5 last night to -1 now (I use scoresandodds).

I checked to see if Anderson or perhaps even Jackson were ready to return, but that doesn't appear to be the case...unless anyone has heard otherwise?

from today at noon:
QB update: Anderson didn't practice this week, meaning Vantrease will make his second straight start. UB coach Lance Leipold said Tyree Jackson, who has missed over a month with injury, has started to do some work in practice. With all the changes at QB, Leipold said he's leaned on quarterbacks coach Jim Zebrowski to keep the offense steady.

Also surprised to see Coastal Carolina jump from 7.5 last night to 10 currently.

I've read some interest in taking Tex St here, I was going to take a somewhat blind stab at them just on the principle of CC being a TD fav. So I wonder what gives on this jump?

Just off the top I believe UNM flipped from +3.5 to -2, I expect totals to go bonkers by tomorrow with weather

Well we used to have ole Rexy give us the low down on line moves from the Costa but he hasn't been around last couple seasons

Just off the top I believe UNM flipped from +3.5 to -2, I expect totals to go bonkers by tomorrow with weather

Yes. Tough game. NM has seemed lost so much of the year...so has Wyoming. Lobos ripped them a new one last year. Not sure who is going to be QB for NM...Jordan, Tuioti, both? Not sure they know.

I was not aware of this I just came across from last week:

Davie spent the first part of his Tuesday news conference detailing the missed calls officials made that cost the Lobos in their loss against Colorado State last week. The Mountain West confirmed to Davie that a tripping penalty against Richard McQuarley in the fourth quarter should not have been called, a holding call against CSU should have resulted in a safety for the Lobos and a sideline catch by the Rams in front of the Lobos bench should have been called incomplete.

Kind of plays into the thinking that conferences have vested interests in their top teams doing well and the refs call or don't call certain things based off that.

Wondering if we should have a weekly thread about big jumps in line moves and any info related to such?

I never really knew exactly what/who was being discussed in the thread where Rex and others would follow some line changes, but enjoyed following along.

I was surprised to see Buffalo go from +5.5 last night to -1 now (I use scoresandodds).

I checked to see if Anderson or perhaps even Jackson were ready to return, but that doesn't appear to be the case...unless anyone has heard otherwise?

Also surprised to see Coastal Carolina jump from 7.5 last night to 10 currently.

I've read some interest in taking Tex St here, I was going to take a somewhat blind stab at them just on the principle of CC being a TD fav. So I wonder what gives on this jump?

From Tim's thread:

College Football

GAME #123-124

Buffalo U - QB Tyree Jackson (Knee) is upgraded to probable Saturday vs. Akron

Timh, Today at 7:50 AM Report
#25 Like + Quote Reply

Thanks jdoggoakley, that explains it! The buffalonews.com source I saw must not have the most up-to-date info.

couple I have been watching are Baylor creeping up from +8 to +9.5 and SJSU has gone from +14 to +11
the lines that move the most are the totals when first released can make 4-5 or more point moves in minutes that I pretty much assume is the CrimsonK factor lol

Yeah the Texas line move, Ehlinger is ruled out I think with concussion symptoms, which actually might've directly led to that bad decision he made on the OT INT.

So if he is out and Buechle is in, doubt the move is related to that. I just read that Smith is starting for Baylor instead of the Fr Brewer, but Brewer could play.

The move I would guess is more just action on Texas rather than any personnel related issue.

I had been eyeing a San Jose play so did not like seeing losing pts on that one.

got the SJSU at +14 and whatever ML was but got Baylor at +8 but may add if it keeps rising
Agree Smith starts but expect to see Brewer get in, hopefully sooner rather than too late

wow, SJSU crossed over 10 and has gone from 14 to 9
Baylor bouncing up and down from 8 to now 10
Arizona keeps dropping from 3.5 to now +1

Baylor kids still playing and trying hard, but they have issues, especially D. For Baylor to compete I think we need Texas to come out a little flat as you or someone else already said. And good chance of that. Hard for teams to really be up A game style so many games in a row. KSt OT, OU, OSU OT. Think Herman and fact they are hungry probably minimizes let down potential...I'd still lean Baylor, but not sure how much I like it.

LaTech down to 11.5. What is there to like about Rice? Guess LT is kind of soul searching and not sure what you'll get from them. Just Rice...7 pts vs UTSA, 12 vs Army, 7 vs FIU ,3 vs Houston. Pretty rare for me to like a road fav, maybe I should keep off with line moving down which I don't understand.

That conference this year has been kind of back and forth on the action. Seems like teams like La Tech are getting bets as dogs and then getting faded when big favorites. I made a comment about this a few weeks ago about how some of the big favs in these smaller conferences are under performing compared to years past but the line is still at the perception that they are great. Maybe that is what is going on here, maybe not but as always Rice secondary is one of the worst in the country.

Showing on gameday now, no weather, looks fine, no rain currently. I think rain in second half.

Hmmmm....

09:00 AM
143 Oklahoma State -40 -138 -325 Ov 76 -115 Ov 40 -125 Un 40 -105

144 West Virginia +40 +118 +270 Un 76 -105 Ov 32 -130 Un 32 +100

2d550541-5a61-4512-9b92-582a6ae8f6b2.png

Morgantown
www.wunderground.com

0.06" is nothing. Based on this, I would assume that although there is a greater than 50% chance of rain for the second half of the game, it will not rain much or anything near the entire second half.

Oregon line moved 4 points and I want to say it happened in the last 20 minutes or so. So 25.5 down to 17.5 now.

Just guessing it was a possibility and now more of a probability...

Dunno...

Just an educated guess.

Know that a couple of shops had UW at 26, but by the time the Monday market was really opening it was down to 21.....then, given the reports that JH took first team snaps and looked great, the line has dropped down to 17 1/2.....not sure I "really" feel that this is a true 9 point (ish) move...but, the facts are the facts that there were shops offering at 26 for a number of hours

Thoughts on the Iowa/Ohio State line movement. I was considering Iowa, but now I don't know.

Back