Lets talk Trevor Lawrence and Corona...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Hey, this week it will not matter at all...they have Boston College.

Next week is at Notre Dame though.

What is the exact ACC policy?

Sucks he got it, but...... Big picture, this is great for Clemson. The #1 QB from the class of 2020 gets a start in kinda like a preseason game. Great opportunity for DJ Uiagalelei to get starting reps with 1st team guys in real game action.

To me this is the perfect opportunity for regression on one of the best college football teams. The last 3 years have been a cover machine. I bet against them 3 times this season and have cashed twice. With him out is an opportunity for a dog bettor. I know so of you guys don't think as i do but I see an opportunity.

If you were a lines maker and everyone has been winning on clemson many many times would you inflate the line a tad? I would.

Some people will simply bet clemson because its clemson and have been cashing on them. its time for a reversal

"Trevor has authorized us this evening to announce that he has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now in isolation," Tigers coach Dabo Swinney said in a statement. "He is doing well with mild symptoms but will not be available for this week's game against Boston College. While we certainly will miss Trevor, this is an opportunity for other guys to step up and we're excited about competing against a very good BC team on Saturday. Go Tigers."

You think?
I mean, it could have been yesterday as is...

Mertz test was apparently Saturday and we found out into the day on Sunday.

Trev could have been a few days ago and maybe got tested again to confirm?

I'd say they are getting their ducks in a row before releasing all the information...other than he is out for the BC game.

ACC follows CDC guidelines...

CDC guidelines are 'from onset of symptoms'...

Definitely a nice grey area to play around with, if that is what they (ACC) are strictly following.

Just said on ESPN halftime show that barring any further complications he WILL be available for ND game.

This probably means 1st test was at least yesterday or prior to.

Assuming Lawrence is the only player testing positive on team, makes me wonder....what is the protocol amongst the players (in general, across the nation) and their interaction with other people, students, etc on a day-to-day basis?

Hey, this week it will not matter at all...they have Boston College.

Next week is at Notre Dame though.

What is the exact ACC policy?
Have to wait 10 days. Tested positive on Wednesday. Tenth day afterward is Notre Dame game day. Don't know whether he can play on day 10 or day after day 10. Seems like there might be a policy that starts the 10-day countdown when symptoms start instead of test date. Good news is he has symptoms and may have had them before Wednesday test so might get start of 10-day period backdated. Again, not sure about this part of the policy.

Ok, he'll be back for ND then (unless he gets worse...obviously other factors but looks like protocol won't be one).

If he's back it will be with no practice reps. I guess he can watch video at home.

DJU was a 5*. It will be interesting to see what he can do. Defense is missing five starters as well (though one hasn't played yet this year), so think twice before you jump on the under. Missing starters are DE Foster (has not played yet), DT Tyler Davis (missed last week, and his absence was noticeable), MLB Skalski (ditto), SLB Mike Jones, and CB Kendrick.

The playoff committee will probably give us a mulligan if we lose in South Bend, but I hate to blemish our perfect 1-0 record at Notre Dame.

Last edited:
Mild symptoms

ACC policy is min of 10 days

Clemson will not say, as of now, when positive test came about.
I’d guess Tue/Wed. Today was probably 2nd positive so wanted to be sure positive yesterday wasn’t false. Puts him in line for next Sat. Real ? Is if it goes through team now.

If the line vs BC gets down to 21, I'll be all over Clemson. This team will rally, and his backup, though inexperienced, is legit.

The bigger issue here is who else will test positive in the coming days bc they would for sure be out vs ND. Trevor still has a chance to play next Saturday

I'm waiting for this to tilt below 24 and I'll be on Clemson. Great setup for the rest of the team to galvanize behind Uiagalelei. May be a slow start but I love these scenarios.

TV said he is out vs. Notre Dame. To me this is wait and see. Its too early, they can change their minds. Manipulation.

Back