Let's Talk Carson Wentz.....

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Just how legit is he? Seems very...Sproles is a QBs best friend(CJ Spiller lol). But what are the other weapons WR/TE guys?
Because of Fantasy F lol, everyone has a fucking worthless opinion on players haha.

But if Jeff Fisher and the Rams didn't look terrible BEFORE...they do now. Maybe Goff will be in the HOF, but it don't look good as of now.

NOW....the flip side is the RG3/ New QB aspect. The cynic in me says, They get tape on these guys, the sophomore slump is imminent...seems to have been a trend.

How good are the birds and how good is this QB? Thoughts? Ton of Philly fans on this board.....fire

I said after watching last week that the kid is the real deal. His WR drop a ton of balls or he would look even better. Haven't seen a rookie QB look this good since Big Ben. He has the size, he has the arm and he has the "it" factor.

After Week 1....

Someone I know is a small bookie and has a client who he owed money to. This said client told him to put in two wagers for him on 5dimes instead of paying him. He asked me to put the wagers in. One for philly to win the division and one to win the NFC. If they win the conference it's 20k in winnings on a $500 wager. Crazy. Hope it doesn't happen because it's going to be a pain to deal with.

Wentz is really good. Very good defense as well.

Could he hit a rookie slump? Sure. Lane Johnson is about to be suspended & thats not good. But RG3 comps dont make sense: theres no gimmick here. He just reads defenses better than any rookie since Peyton & delivers dimes. Hes also in complete control of the offense & is a natural leader. Thats not something you just adjust to. Kids a stud. Nobody expected this: a month ago we were just hoping he got 4-6 starts in at the end of the year to get his feet wet.

After Week 1....

Someone I know is a small bookie and has a client who he owed money to. This said client told him to put in two wagers for him on 5dimes instead of paying him. He asked me to put the wagers in. One for philly to win the division and one to win the NFC. If they win the conference it's 20k in winnings on a $500 wager. Crazy. Hope it doesn't happen because it's going to be a pain to deal with.

Wentz is really good. Very good defense as well.

This.

Never saw it's potential the last few seasons because Chip ran it into the ground.

It's legit folks and having a surprisingly smart QB running the offense only helps.

Best defense in the East.

Only way is up for the Birds.

year 2 is when we really see it tho imo

RW is a guy that comes to mind.......he is still way better than i thought he would be at this level

I personally think the Peyton references are a little over the top( I know Jaws came out and said that) wasn't Peyton 1-15 his rookie year? Should he really be compared to a top 10 qb of all time this early in?

He looks great , but we are three weeks in. We are infatuated with young Qb"s any success and they are immediately the next big thing

I personally think the Peyton references are a little over the top( I know Jaws came out and said that) wasn't Peyton 1-15 his rookie year? Should he really be compared to a top 10 qb of all time this early in?

He looks great , but we are three weeks in. We are infatuated with young Qb"s any success and they are immediately the next big thing

yeah man completely agree to say after 3 games "this guy is peyton manning" is ridiculous. thats not what ppl mean at least i dont think so. he as a long way to go to warrant that. what ppl are saying is that he is similar to peyton in how similarly he prepares and approaches the game, how he is incredibly cerebral and how he sees what the defenders are going to do before they do them. it really is a sight to behold. i mean in an interview his girlfriend said she caught him watching football video on his ipad under the table during a date.

and peyton i believe was 3-13 but his team was awful. lots of picks but he set rookie records. wentz has much more help. but i agree with your overall point, you cant throw out that comparison yet as a fully formed player, but hte way he approaches the game is manning-esque

Back