Let's rank the P12...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
This conference is pretty fun and we have some awesome matchups coming up in and out of conference...

We know the big boy schools, but there is some fun in the middle tier as well!

Look at these games the next two months. This doesn't even take into account the bad situational spots surrounding these matchups...

Sept 30th - USC @ Colorado
Oct 14th - Oregon @ Washington
Oct 14th - USC @ Notre Dame
Oct 21st - Utah @ USC
Oct 28th - Oregon @ Utah
Nov 4th - Washington @ USC
Nov 11th - USC @ Oregon
Nov 11th - Utah @ Washington
Nov 18th - UCLA @ USC
Nov 25th - Wazzou @ Oregon
Nov 25th - Colorado @ Utah

Thoughts on these games and where these teams stand right now?

My top 4...

Washington
Oregon
Utah
USC

In that order. USC defense is the reason they are in 4th.

The Oregon defense impressed me today.

Washington is so damn good on offense. Like USC, their defense can give up some drives, but they make more stops.

Anyways, discuss!

That usc 5 week stretch is insane

Basically 4 top 15 teams with cal in the middle, starts with notre dame right before utah

Guess I give Oregon the nod due to defense but the game at UW is obviously the big one

USC will score against anyone but won't remotely stop either of those offenses

For me it's more tiers

Tier 1
Wash and Ore

Tier 2
USC and Utah

the mushy middle below them has some teams who could definitely beat the above on the right day, especially usc and wash due to their defenses like BAR said

Wazzu offense is legit
Oregon st and ucla not easy outs at all vs below average d

For me it's more tiers

Tier 1
Wash and Ore

Tier 2
USC and Utah

the mushy middle below them has some teams who could definitely beat the above on the right day, especially usc and wash due to their defenses like BAR said

Wazzu offense is legit
Oregon st and ucla not easy outs at all vs below average d
Oregon defense in this landscape of offense first is elite

This one is gonna be FUN. And could be your heisman deciding game.

Wash is looking ruthlessly efficient and dialed in. SC is just all sorts of erratic.
Do conference ships games even matter? Can't remember or simply forgot.

Bo v Pennix will likely be a heisman elimination game regardless the team that wins

Imo I don't think the voters want a b2b unless it's so blatantly obvious that they have to. And right now it should be. Not like CFB is remotely close to what it was in the early 70s.

Do conference ships games even matter? Can't remember or simply forgot.

Bo v Pennix will likely be a heisman elimination game regardless the team that wins

Imo I don't think the voters want a b2b unless it's so blatantly obvious that they have to. And right now it should be. Not like CFB is remotely close to what it was in the early 70s.
yes i think they'd love to give it to penix if they can.

conf champ games are a factor.

if the game is played before the heisman is awarded i dont see why it wouldnt factor

but i cant say that im an expert on the process
According to that votes are due by the 4th this year

We know in reality a ton of the voters will already have their minds made up regardless

I don't even know when championship games are played fwiw and don't feel like looking it up but figure it's after that date

I'd love to see 2 teams get in the playoffs. This would have been amazing next year when the playoffs expand. Arguably the best 3 qbs in the country in this conference.

I'd love to see 2 teams get in the playoffs. This would have been amazing next year when the playoffs expand. Arguably the best 3 qbs in the country in this conference.
Most years we don't need more than 4 imo, but Holy hell, 12 would've been amazing this year.

Most years we don't need more than 4 imo, but Holy hell, 12 would've been amazing this year.
Exactly.

This is fitting, the year we need it the most, we don't have it.

I suspect with NIL/Free Agency and Portal we will have a lot more parity now -- will make the playoffs a lot of fun.

Throw out all the bad teams.
These teams when getting 3.5+ points when facing a conference foe. This season and last season because not much has changed (there are a few changes (Utah Cam Rising) also excluding Colorado)

These teams +3.5 or more:ATS
Wazu 2-1
Oregon St. 2-1
USC 1-0
Oregon 0-0
Wash 1-0
Utah 0-0

Ok I'll be 'that guy' amidst all the Pac 12 love...

we know this league is exciting and entertaining (really, it's always been) and very competitive this year but do we know that these teams would now be able to hang with the best of the sport?

USC...please stop
oregon really shouldve lost to TT
utah...they're always a solid squad but not an elite and this not their best team
wash...i dunno maybe? can they play a team with a pulse first?

Hot take.........Oregon State is getting way too much love and is over-rated....defense lost a lot from last year and DJU is really not some fukkin superstar.......not sure Utah is the right spot given QB issues, but I think Cal takes it to them in week 6

O + D + ST i like Oregon the most out of the 3.

if they can win in Seattle this weekend that would huge.

Wash of course has to go to the Coliseum, and SC has to go to Eugene.

Makes it so different this season in that the 2nd tier of the conference is playing pretty good football too

Guess I go

1. Ducks
2. Huskies
3. Utes
4. USC
5. Beavers
6. UCLA
7. WSU
8. Arizona
9. Colorado
10. Cal
11. Stanford
12. ASU

That involves basically dismissing the OSU/WSU game which isn't ideal but 3-7 are pretty close and can see what UA did in Compton this weekend.

UCLA at Oregon St is another pretty big game for the hierarchy this weekend, kinda think UA might get beat up at WSU after last Saturday.

A true coin flip in Seattle. I'd be all over Washington if they didn't win last year.

12:30 pm local time kickoff in Seattle.

night game would have been very nice for the home team, with that stadium registering on the Richter scale.

if forced to wager, i would take THE DUCKS

Makes it so different this season in that the 2nd tier of the conference is playing pretty good football too

Guess I go

1. Ducks
2. Huskies
3. Utes
4. USC
5. Beavers
6. UCLA
7. WSU
8. Arizona
9. Colorado
10. Cal
11. Stanford
12. ASU

That involves basically dismissing the OSU/WSU game which isn't ideal but 3-7 are pretty close and can see what UA did in Compton this weekend.

UCLA at Oregon St is another pretty big game for the hierarchy this weekend, kinda think UA might get beat up at WSU after last Saturday.
after USC beats Utah in LA in a few weeks you will flip flop those schools.

I would say there is more than a reasonable chance the P12 will not get a team into the 4-team playoff....
they have only had 2 in the CFP in the 9 seasons of the Playoff (2014-2022).

i think one of them goes 11-1 in the reg season and then wins the P12 title game to finish 12-1.

my best bet to do that is Oregon.

Ok I'll be 'that guy' amidst all the Pac 12 love...

we know this league is exciting and entertaining (really, it's always been) and very competitive this year but do we know that these teams would now be able to hang with the best of the sport?

USC...please stop
oregon really shouldve lost to TT
utah...they're always a solid squad but not an elite and this not their best team
wash...i dunno maybe? can they play a team with a pulse first?

should have lost but they did not....

after USC beats Utah in LA in a few weeks you will flip flop those schools.
I just can't allow that defense to have them in top 3 of the conference without discrediting the conference as a whole. Again. They been pushed around late by the bottom half of the conference

I just can't allow that defense to have them in top 3 of the conference without discrediting the conference as a whole. Again. They been pushed around late by the bottom half of the conference
agree.

that said, i do believe they will beat the Utes (barring injury to Caleb) as Cam Rising is still a long way out and I do not trust the two headed QB back up on the road against any decent team.

they have only had 2 in the CFP in the 9 seasons of the Playoff (2014-2022).

i think one of them goes 11-1 in the reg season and then wins the P12 title game to finish 12-1.

my best bet to do that is Oregon.

well aware but this is the first year out of those 9 that the P12 is receiving consideration as the best conference...some pundits seemingly have the p12 as a shoe-in for the CFP...

12-1 would be a virtual lock; hope you are right.

I agree on Oregon prolly being the best team; big one this weekend, of course.

12:30 pm local time kickoff in Seattle.

night game would have been very nice for the home team, with that stadium registering on the Richter scale.

if forced to wager, i would take THE DUCKS

Yep. Early kick sucks too. Tough game.

personally i think there is no coincidence that the pac 12 is breaking apart yet having their best year.

i believe there are two huge factors here that have caused this:

- transfer portal QB's at USC (Caleb) Oregon (Nix) Washington (Penix) Oregon St (DJ) and Wazzu (Cameron) and CU (shadeur and company).

- pride. they got tired of hearing how bad they are and that the conf should break apart. sometimes all you need is someone to say you suck.

eli manning told my SD chargers back in 2004 that he did not want to play for them and all they did in 2004 was go 12-4 which was their first winning season since 10995 (9 years prior) and their most regular season wins (12) since 1979.

sometimes it really is as easy as telling a team or a conference or what-have-you that they suck, and their pride kicks in.

that said, there are so many good teams at the top of the conference.

they will likely cannibalize each other but i am of the thought that the Oregon v Wash winner goes 11-1 into the P12 title game and the winner finishes 12-1 and goes into the final year of the 4 team CFP.

B1G champ, SEC champ, P12 champ and B12 champion go.

ND is out.

no other Indie will step up and go 11-1 or 12-0.

ACC is out. FSU due to LSU dropping badly and the rest of the ACC down except for Duke, gets left out.

i will be wrong but that is the way i see it today.

lots and lots and lots of season left to go.

Why cant we move the 1230 start saturday?

Night game in seattle would be incredible
I think the logical spot would be 5 pm pacific to capture the east coast crowd as well at 8 pm their time but i think the issue was/is that USC v ND has been slated at 4:30 pm Pacific and 7:30 pm EDT since before the season started and they did not want these two games to conflict.

that is the only thing i can imagine because Oregon v Wash really has primetime kickoff for TV written all over it.

what a matchup.

I think the logical spot would be 5 pm pacific to capture the east coast crowd as well at 8 pm their time but i think the issue was/is that USC v ND has been slated at 4:30 pm Pacific and 7:30 pm EDT since before the season started and they did not want these two games to conflict.

that is the only thing i can imagine because Oregon v Wash really has primetime kickoff for TV written all over it.

what a matchup.
Agreed.

Domers TV gets the slot.

the P12 is regressing to the mean right in front of our eyes.

ASU is trash but they are toe to toe mid 4th quarter in Seattle over War-sheeng-ton.

win or lose this game can and will be used against the The Husky Dawgs in a college football court of law.

if i were them i would remain silent !!!

the P12 is regressing to the mean right in front of our eyes.

ASU is trash but they are toe to toe mid 4th quarter in Seattle over War-sheeng-ton.

win or lose this game can and will be used against the The Husky Dawgs in a college football court of law.

if i were them i would remain silent !!!
Well, this was a classic hangover game.

We saw Oregon start slow as well.

That happens during a season.

OU easily could have lost to a UCF team that got demolished at Kansas.

That's the beauty of this sport!

Oregon and Utah next week the best game in the country -- cannot wait.

Back