LaTech turns down bowl invitation

Not like the travel would have been super expensive.

Your right I got the Independence mixed up with the Liberty. If true pretty stupid by the Independence bowl to be impatient not to wait for LaTech. I'd think you'd bring in more money with them with the proximity.

That TAMU score is probably the single most deceiving score of the year. TAMU annihilated them. They hit the lucky bomb and then the lucky onside kick recovery .. after tamu had quit playing at halftime because they were ahead 1 million points.

Teams that quit playing at halftime are ruining the sport

Ok .. I will concede if you like massive scoring and tons of passing plays that they are fun to watch... and I will concede that Patton is one hell of a player. I readily admit that I hate that kind of football and that makes me biased as well.

At least we all agree that the pompous attitude of Latech Athletic Department cost their kids their reward.

To be fair ...it was not apparently a direct rejection .... they thought they had several options and wanted more time ....the bowl guys set a deadline for an answer and latech didn't get back to them in time. So they screwed it up but maybe it was just more incompetence than pompousness.

To be fair ...it was not apparently a direct rejection .... they thought they had several options and wanted more time ....the bowl guys set a deadline for an answer and latech didn't get back to them in time. So they screwed it up but maybe it was just more incompetence than pompousness.

Here is a quick recap of the story i got from a very involved alumni ... but basically what VK said

The independence bowl invited LATech to go, they would not have been playing ULM according to him as has been reported as the reason LATech turned them down ... this sounds reasonable, a team with an average attendance of 5,000 and from the same region as LATech

LaTech asked the indy bowl to wait one day to see how the other games fell ... Indy called back and said you basically have 1 hour to decide

Apparently there were 3 games, that had one of them fell LATechs way, they would have been in the Liberty bowl or have another option, so they decided to roll the dice ... However all games went against LaTech, the Liberty and other bowl were forced to take other teams through contract

LaTech gets no bowl ...

may be a little skewed but this is the basics of how it went down from what i remember him telling me

Last update from my bud ... quite a shocker IMO ... will be interesting to see if a release comes out from the WAC

Apparently after the Indy bowl gave LATech their one hour deadline, La Tech called the Liberty bowl Committee Chairman with the WAC commissioner on the conference call and basically explained the situation and asked if the Liberty bowl was serious about picking up LATech. And the committee chairman flat out said ... Dont worry about it, we are 100% going to pick LaTech go ahead and turn the Indy bowl down! .... Like i said, will be interesting if more info comes out about them "guarantying" them this bowl, then leaving them in the dump ... if its really how this went down thats pretty shitty for LaTech, but like i said, my buds pretty up their in active alumni at LaTech ... so until i hear different I generally accept his assessment ... thats all

Back