LaTech turns down bowl invitation

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
Originally, this was the tweet from the LT SID:

<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(102, 181, 210);">@</s>LATechPWalsh: Louisiana Tech has not been selected for a postseason bowl game. Nation's No. 1 O ends year at 9-3.

However, the real story is that:

<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>Andy_Staples
So it wasn't that Louisiana Tech wasn't selected. It elected to not play Louisiana-Monroe in the Independence Bowl.

<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(102, 181, 210);">@</s>YahooDrSaturday: LaTech has decided not to play in a bowl this year because it didn't want to play rival school ULM in the Indy Bowl

From La Tech: "With Northern Illinois rising to the top 16 in the final BCS Standings of the regular season that kept Oklahoma from reaching a BCS bowl and forcing the Heart of Dallas Bowl to select a Big 12 team to face Purdue. The Liberty Bowl, one of the few bowls with an at-large spot available, chose Iowa State instead of Louisiana Tech.

There should be 72 eligible with 70 spots, right? I assume CMU gets left out. Thought Ohio/WKU or or somebody else would be the other.

Players devestated that they cant play in a bowl game in the middle of december that no one will watch? #SoDramatic

Players devestated that they cant play in a bowl game in the middle of december that no one will watch? #SoDramatic

Yea, maybe you won't watch the game. However, there are around 28 seniors on that team that may have played their last down of football, prematurely.

LOL at Latech being on a high horse. They don't play real football anyway.

I feel bad for the players .. they tried hard all year long. Also feel bad for the coaches ... you lose practices.

ULM isn't a rival. When was the last time they played and how often do they play?

Notre Dame usually passes on bowls during coaching transitions, not usually because of some made up reason.

Well its in state only thing I can think of. Which would have made it interesting to me at least.

Yea, maybe you won't watch the game. However, there are around 28 seniors on that team that may have played their last down of football, prematurely.
Agree. Shitty thing to do. I know they feel like they got jobbed, but you are LA Tech. Fall back

Id love to hear the coaches have to tell the kids

I feel bad for the players .. they tried hard all year long. Also feel bad for the coaches ... you lose practices.
I would think you would like this....Small school "standing up" for themselves or something

How happy are u for Nilly? I know the OB aint happy

Their best win was against Virginia ... ya Virginia. And it is a LOOOONG drop to get to their next best win. And anyone who saw the Virginia game knows they should have lost there too. Over rated ... clap clap , clap clap clap

Ive seen that LA Tech called back in after they took Iowa St and asked back in

I bowl told em to fly a kite

Get rid of all of the fucking bowls. Its a joke that a 6 win ga tech team goes. This team got ran over at home by Middle Tenny St. One of their bs wins was against Presbyterian.

1) Wins against 1AA football teams should not count towards your bowl record
2) You must be over .500
3) Get rid of the automatic conference bowl tie ins

The coach wasn't in favor the decision? Who exactly made this call and what was the real reason? AD and Pres decided against it for some reason?

i would hardly say they stink. They came within 2 points of beating AM. Their d is obviously putrid, but they put up 50 a game. They are the Loyola Marymount of football

That TAMU score is probably the single most deceiving score of the year. TAMU annihilated them. They hit the lucky bomb and then the lucky onside kick recovery .. after tamu had quit playing at halftime because they were ahead 1 million points.

yeah, i could not believe the week u wanted to know why i liked your Aggies vs La Tech

Get rid of all of the fucking bowls. Its a joke that a 6 win ga tech team goes. This team got ran over at home by Middle Tenny St. One of their bs wins was against Presbyterian.
never happen

what would you suggest instead

the real trvesty in this is LSU gettin completely fucked

and these games are awful

jesus the Big East auto bid just kills this...no offense to any

the Nilly thing also

virginia 4-8
houston 5-7
rice 6-6
illinois 2-10
unlv 2-11
idaho 1-11
nmsu 1-11
utsa 8-4 ( look at their schedule too )
texas state 4-8

Best win is against a 4-8 team.

virginia 4-8
houston 5-7
rice 6-6
illinois 2-10
unlv 2-11
idaho 1-11
nmsu 1-11
utsa 8-4 ( look at their schedule too )
texas state 4-8

Best win is against a 4-8 team.
i had the write up where La Tech faced D's ranked #100 or higher except games they struggled, VK is correct

La Tech is a fun team to watch and would have been great if they decided to play in a bowl, they were not beating the Warhawks though.

La tech was tha Houston of tha last few years. I wouldn't say they sucked

houston 2011 D 62nd wins over ucla, a better latech team than 2012 version, tulsa, ranked usm, and penn state.
houston 2010 D 103rd team sucked with keenum issues
houston 2009 D 111th wins over oklahoma st in stillwater, ranked texas tech, mississippi state, southern miss, tulsa,

Not much of a comparison imo ...

Back