Late night women's olympic hoops

Helmut

Helmut Nation
Australia –18

These teams met twice in Australia prior to the Olympics and we saw lines on these exhibition games with Australia 20+ favorites. They easily handled Brazil in both games including a 23 point win where Jackson did not play a minute. Brazil only shot 35.4% from the field against a weak Korean defense and will be facing a much tougher unit in this game and ended up losing the game in overtime as a 13 point favorite.

Mali vs. Czech Republic UNDER 135

I know we all watched the USA shred the Czech defense, well I guess they kind of do that to everyone. I think this Czech defense will revert back to form here. There pretty good at forcing turnovers and Mali is horrible at holding onto the ball. They have a lot of size, so they should be able to contest the post up plays that Mali likes to run. I think it may be a struggle for Mali to put up much more than 50 here. In what should be a slower pace game it may be difficult for Czech Republic to top 80 in this one.

Post game quotes from Maiga:
“For our next games, we need to play defense from the start and not wait until the second half,” she added.

“In the first half, we didn't play defense and we gave away 42 points. We are going to have to play better defense. In my opinion that was the biggest thing,” Maiga said.

Spain –16.5

After watching New Zealand shoot the ball for 34.8% from the field against Mali they could be in a little trouble here against a Spanish team with a much better defense. Mali was able to shoot 47% from the field against New Zealand, which should be quite alarming. New Zealand was able to win this game largely on the fact that they caused 26 turnovers. The Spanish team is very good at protecting the ball averaging on 13.5 turnovers per game through the Euro tournament and the qualification games. Last time these teams met it was a 40 point victory for Spain in 2004 Athens. Spain is in a must win situation here after dropping the first game in group play against China.

Brazil vs. Australia OVER 148.5

Brazil coach Paulo Bassul blamed his team’s conservative approach for the defeat. “We were too focused on defense rather than on the offense,”. I think this next game here we will see more focus on the offense. In the two exhibition games against Brazil the Aussie’s scored 99 and 85 (2nd game without Jackson). Australia should have an easier time scoring on this inexperienced Brazilian team. The previous Australia game against Belarus was one of their poorer offensive performances. This is a team that routinely shoots close to 50% from the field with their “A” team and they only shot 41% from the field last game against Belarus. Brazil plays at a faster pace than does Belarus and it’s nice to see basically the same line as the opening game. I think Australia can put up 90+ here requiring Brazil only to score 60.

Interesting stuff. Always respected your opinions so tailed you on Spain -16 -120 and Und 136 -120 on Mali . Know absolutely nothing about womens BB or the Olympics but best way to learn it is jump on in . Hit 2 of 3 yesterdays in Men's losing Russia by a point which I know I am a sucker for playing. Never lay big numbers in any sport in opening games ...

Anyway GL & Thanks !

Spain –16.5

After watching New Zealand shoot the ball for 34.8% from the field against Mali they could be in a little trouble here against a Spanish team with a much better defense. Mali was able to shoot 47% from the field against New Zealand, which should be quite alarming. New Zealand was able to win this game largely on the fact that they caused 26 turnovers. The Spanish team is very good at protecting the ball averaging on 13.5 turnovers per game through the Euro tournament and the qualification games. Last time these teams met it was a 40 point victory for Spain in 2004 Athens. Spain is in a must win situation here after dropping the first game in group play against China.

NICE CALL...awesome 4th Q leads to 85-62 Final...:tiphat:

Gonna tail on Aussie Women (-18) & Ovah 149...:shake:

Mully :cheers:

Mali vs. Czech Republic UNDER 135

I know we all watched the USA shred the Czech defense, well I guess they kind of do that to everyone. I think this Czech defense will revert back to form here. There pretty good at forcing turnovers and Mali is horrible at holding onto the ball. They have a lot of size, so they should be able to contest the post up plays that Mali likes to run. I think it may be a struggle for Mali to put up much more than 50 here. In what should be a slower pace game it may be difficult for Czech Republic to top 80 in this one.

Post game quotes from Maiga:
“For our next games, we need to play defense from the start and not wait until the second half,” she added.

“In the first half, we didn't play defense and we gave away 42 points. We are going to have to play better defense. In my opinion that was the biggest thing,” Maiga said.

GENIUS...128 FINAL...:cheers:

Good stuff >

Hit Spain thanks to you . Made a mistake though . Just though the Czechs would blow out Mali here and well they did but I also foolishly changed to the over as well. Which tends to go against logic with huge chalk but just felt Mali would score 50 and well the math takes care of the rest of why I played the Over .

Late night I was fading Russia all day and going over . Again last second changed to riding Russia...2 costly changes ....

Good work !

Back