Las Vegas Opening Lines Week 3

Rutgers and BC were hyped when they beat them, but overall they weren't even good teams.

BC wasn't a good team?

I mean I don't care, if you don't think he's good then that's fine, but his teams look like they're going to suck every year and every year they end up being much better than expected...especially in his first couple years and in 2006.

any one who can stomach action on baylor/washington state gets props from me

its the 2 worst teams in 1-A football bowl.... no interest in that shitshow whatsoever

Your boys were shit on the road last year. Evridge's first rodeo with the Badgers away from home, and I gotta be honest, I haven't been too impressed with their efforts in the first half of their two games so far. Maybe I'm a little biased because I'm not high on the Badgers this year, but the D is questionable to me as well and I think they're walking into major trouble here traveling out to Fresno to play a giant killer. We saw how much they struggled out West against UNLV last year.

Also, and I don't know how much stock you want to put into this, but the Badgers have Michigan and OSU coming up after the bye week and I have to kinda think they're itching to get to those two games...

Thanks for the feedback linde. That UNLV game cost me a bundle last year so playing them this week scares me a bit. In terms or Evridge remember he has a year of starting in the Big 12 under his belt, so the first road Wisconsin start doesn't concern me that much. Not when it will get them out of Madison and the many more distractions the night before the game. Wisconsin has looked bad the first two weeks. I didn't get to see anything except Wisconsin's last td in the 1H this past week, so I'm not sure just how bad Wisconsin defense was looking. That said, a lot of the issues Wisconsin had in the first two weeks are correctable. They need to make smarter choices around the goal line. They need to be more accountable not making stupid penalties. As you said they've looked bad in the 1H, but have come out flying in the 2H. Bielema is a great in-game coach making changes. Clay has gotten more exerience and is a nice change of pace for Hill at RB. Beckum and Casillas should be making their first starts of the season this coming week and will only help Wisconsin. I was thinking Fresno would be getting 4.5-6 points and thought Wisconsin would win a close game late. If I can get Wisconsin at + money, I don't think I can stay off that. From Fresno State perspective, they have a top 10 team coming into their house. They win the game they're thinking BCS and have all the motivation in the world. But if you and I know that, I really don't see Wisconsin overlooking that.

baylor looked a hell of a lot better against wake forest than wazzu has looked in either game.

Thanks for the feedback linde. That UNLV game cost me a bundle last year so playing them this week scares me a bit. In terms or Evridge remember he has a year of starting in the Big 12 under his belt, so the first road Wisconsin start doesn't concern me that much. Not when it will get them out of Madison and the many more distractions the night before the game. Wisconsin has looked bad the first two weeks. I didn't get to see anything except Wisconsin's last td in the 1H this past week, so I'm not sure just how bad Wisconsin defense was looking. That said, a lot of the issues Wisconsin had in the first two weeks are correctable. They need to make smarter choices around the goal line. They need to be more accountable not making stupid penalties. As you said they've looked bad in the 1H, but have come out flying in the 2H. Bielema is a great in-game coach making changes. Clay has gotten more exerience and is a nice change of pace for Hill at RB. Beckum and Casillas should be making their first starts of the season this coming week and will only help Wisconsin. I was thinking Fresno would be getting 4.5-6 points and thought Wisconsin would win a close game late. If I can get Wisconsin at + money, I don't think I can stay off that. From Fresno State perspective, they have a top 10 team coming into their house. They win the game they're thinking BCS and have all the motivation in the world. But if you and I know that, I really don't see Wisconsin overlooking that.

:shake:

We'll see. My thoughts always change as the week goes on. I may hate Fresno by Tuesday then love them again by Friday. Who knows.

I see Michigan is chalk, not catching 4...seems right to me.

Georgia -7.5 at Bookmaker, dropped from -8.5.

That tells me one thing, dont bet on Ga, even when Spurrier's team is down he always plays the dogs tuff.

I'll just say this again. EVERYONE should have a BM account. I don't care if you only have enough to make 3-5 bets, you have to have it.

FUCK rice

Memphis had nearly 600 yards total offense on them. Vandy actually has a defense and has shown they can score as well. Vandy rolls at home.

:shake:

Probably will sit this one out at the current number... it opened in vegas as vandy -9.5.

If i was getting 10 here, i probably would have given rice a good look.

money pouring in on houston looks like... ive watched it go from 4-4.5-5-5.5 and its up to 6 now on 5dimes

Initial thoughts are the following for big bets:

Vanderbilt -7.0--Vandy secondary is strength of the defense.
Oregon -7.0
Texas -23.0
Georgia Tech +7.0
Iowa State +12.0--Every year this line is too high. Does everyone really believe that Iowa is going to score over 30 points. The Clones offense is solid averaging 46 points a game including 48 against Kent State.
Central Michigan -3.5
Temple +6.0
Kentucky -16.5--Overreaction with MTSU
California -14.0
Arkansas State -1.5--Red Wolves are tough at home.

Thoughts are appreciated good luck to all.

I just can't believe that Vandy line.

Me too MW. I'm wanting to take it now before it goes to 7.5, but am holding out for whatever reason. I guess I'm a bit gunshy after seeing them put up 14 in less than 2 mins yesterday, but I have to keep telling myself this was against Memphis.

---Iowa, what the hell says this team is better? Ricky Stanzi, give that man time I might believe it, but their replacing Iwebena, UF's defensive coordinators son at DE as well Mattison, 2 great linebackers (Klinkenburg and Humpel), two great DT's return I'll give you that. They were STOUT AND SOLID upfront last year and got there doors blown off for playing 60 minutes for the most inept offense and high school jv quarterback I've ever seen. And complete garbage receivers let me say that. Barwis couldn't keep that defense from getting gassed.

Most will say, Iowa's offensive line 10X better, injuries killed them, I'll lend you some but their offense folks is going to be inept still. And I'll even give you their wr's will be good this year, Darrel-Johnson, they get Brodell and Moeki back. They have Dan Doering and some of that GREAT Ferentz recruiting class in their on OL but I just need to see the proof in the pudding. Iowa's defense regress, Cyclones, improved.

Oh yeah Iowa kicked ass in exhibition last year too. And this rivalry always close.

Wisky struggle out west certainly, Fresno win @Rutgers grain of salt, I have ?s about Rutgers. Oline 4 new starters. Still impressed by Fresno defensively but not offensively all reports out of camp was Rutgers O dominated D. And so all this doesn't make sense I take what I say as a grain of salt and look at this as a blank slate

Evridge not a hindrance. OLine aggressive, best in years quote Oline coach. Dline good, linebackers good, problem last year was inexp replacing vets out of position lack of communication also Carter vs. pass. Too many big plays, Akron game IMO still questions vs. pass. But damn they dominate the line of scrimmage both games.

I think its a no play, Wisky in throway parlay. Maybe strong lean Wisky.

dammit, it really looked like socar was laying the 10! the -10 was way closer to the socar part of the page then to georgia.... vegasinsider needs to get their shit straight

would also take cal anything up to 13..... already faded maryland last week against MTSU and will do it again.

i would bet my life on uga +10

Back