Las Vegas Opening Lines Week 3

I got a funny feeling about that Cal game. No doubt they win, it is just a really weird spot for them

I got a funny feeling about that Cal game. No doubt they win, it is just a really weird spot for them

I like it under 2 TDs. Maryland has scored a grand total of 28 pts against Delaware and MTSU. No confidence in them.

236374372_f69ba97a31.jpg

They're going to open +8.5 or so... I'm hoping it gets pushed to 10 after last weeks close game.

If it jumps to 10 thatll be crazy, suprised the spread is this high even though they played shitty last week. Beanie makes a big difference and even though USC crushed Virginia, the offensive line hasnt really been tested

If it jumps to 10 thatll be crazy, suprised the spread is this high even though they played shitty last week. Beanie makes a big difference and even though USC crushed Virginia, the offensive line hasnt really been tested

Game of the Year lines have been 8-9.5 for the last month on this game...

Also love that GT and Michigan line. I actually got Michigan at +8.5 last week as a GOTY line so I am loving that. Iowa looks great as well.

Fondy/Others - Any idea how good Oregon's backup RB is or if their starter will be back? As a guy who follows the Big Ten, this is typically a spot where Purdue falters.

I'm sure this will piss off some, but it is my opinion. I'm not betting the game, but GL to Ohio St backers because I think you will need it. There is a disparity in talent here. Just like we saw when Florida and LSU took turns spanking OSU, there will be an advantage in speed and strength with the Trojans.

too many points in Iowa City. Love the Hawkeyes but this number is an overreaction IMO

why you like arky?

Notre Dame at home w/ a game under their belt looks tasy laying less than a TD to me as well.

UTEP at home is only two points worse than Arkansas in Austin? I'm not buying it.

Notre Dame had to win late against San Diego St. I see nothing tasty about the most overhyped team of the century.

I liked the Texas line at first glance as well but after doing a bit more research and thinking about how big Texas won the first two weeks, I think this may fit the bill as a sucker bet. I will likely stay away.

time to get on the doggy train this week.... you guys are right- this card is 100x better then yesterdays shit.

GEORGIA +10/ML
Rice +9.5
UNC +6/ML
GT+10
Arky State +2.5/ML

Oregon -6
Houston -6
ND-4
CMU -3
USC (- anything under 9.5)

Hard to trust Cal to come out strong their second straight week as heavy road chalk, especially considering they're traveling cross-country for this one. Could very well lay an egg after that performance yesterday.

Fridge is a good coach and the Terps are scrappy, I also want to see Cal slow down Scott, could be tough for them...

still am shocked why socar has earned the right to be laying -10 in conference/SEC and against georgia no less

Also love that GT and Michigan line. I actually got Michigan at +8.5 last week as a GOTY line so I am loving that. Iowa looks great as well.

Fondy/Others - Any idea how good Oregon's backup RB is or if their starter will be back? As a guy who follows the Big Ten, this is typically a spot where Purdue falters.

Jeremiah Johnson, the Oregon #1 dislocated his shoulder on this first carry last week. After the game he said he was perfectly fine, but the coaches held him out as a precaution (probably because he missed almost all of last season with an ACL injury and because Oregon was up 3 touchdowns adter about 5 minutes and there was no need)

Ducks backup RB LaGerrette Blount is very hyped and has been impressive so far. He is a transfer from JUCO and ran for about 140 last week on 7.0 ypc. He is a big bruiser and fully capable. 3rd string Crenshaw is also very good.

Overall, it looks like Johnson will be back and if for any reason he isn't the Ducks should be fine at teh position regardless.

You're reading that wrong. Georgia is a 10 pt fav.

dammit, it really looked like socar was laying the 10! the -10 was way closer to the socar part of the page then to georgia.... vegasinsider needs to get their shit straight

would also take cal anything up to 13..... already faded maryland last week against MTSU and will do it again.

Was going to comment on Georgia being -10

In terms of California that 9am Cal start time after going across country has me concerned a bit.

I don't see why there is hype for the Fridge. Seems like a pretty average coach.

Does a decent job with mediocre talent. His teams are always good for a couple upsets a year (See Rutgers and BC last year, Florida State and Clemson in 06), and seem to somehow find their way into the postseason when every year it looks like they're going to be shit.

linde, thoughts on fresno?

Your boys were shit on the road last year. Evridge's first rodeo with the Badgers away from home, and I gotta be honest, I haven't been too impressed with their efforts in the first half of their two games so far. Maybe I'm a little biased because I'm not high on the Badgers this year, but the D is questionable to me as well and I think they're walking into major trouble here traveling out to Fresno to play a giant killer. We saw how much they struggled out West against UNLV last year.

Also, and I don't know how much stock you want to put into this, but the Badgers have Michigan and OSU coming up after the bye week and I have to kinda think they're itching to get to those two games...

Does a decent job with mediocre talent. His teams are always good for a couple upsets a year (See Rutgers and BC last year, Florida State and Clemson in 06), and seem to somehow find their way into the postseason when every year it looks like they're going to be shit.

I disagree. I think he is pretty bad. Rutgers and BC were hyped when they beat them, but overall they weren't even good teams. As for getting to the postseason most years, reaching 6 wins with an ACC slate is hardly impressive. And also, it is his fault for the mediocre talent. Maryland/DC is filled with considerable talent that almost uniformly leaves for greener pastures. He is a poor recruiter, and that falls to him too. HIs best years were with other peoples talent.

Back