Larry/Tip Romo Thread - Super Bowl 50 Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter tipyerbartender1
  • Start date Start date
I have a gut feeling Romo sucks when it's win or go home.

Which games are we looking at? And, isn't football a team game? This is like a broken record with you, we've done this all before. Tip....are you a goldfish?

I just always find it funny when you dismiss his playoff record, the fucking quarterback of the team, and also his record in which his team needed to win the game to sustain playoff eligibility. It sucks, that record, by the way.

I just always find it funny when you dismiss his playoff record, the fucking quarterback of the team, and also his record in which his team needed to win the game to sustain playoff eligibility. It sucks, that record, by the way.

I don't dismiss the record at all. Do you even know what it is, by the way? I dismiss the notion that HE is the reason they lost the games, which is what you're saying. Remember that whole gut feel you had about Romo being horrible in the 4th quarter? You know, the one that not only wasn't wrong, it was off the charts wrong as he is one of the top 3 QBs of all time in the 4th quarter?

I always find it funny when you dismiss stats and the truth (not just in the Romo convos).

Where does he rank in the 4th quarter of his last meaningful games of his seasons? Probably not in the top 103.

He's 2-4 by the way. He definitely cost them the game when he bobbled the snap, but clearly played well enough to win that game. Then they were robbed of that game in GB last year...again, a game he clearly played well enough to win. He's thrown TWO interceptions in those 6 games.

Where does he rank in the 4th quarter of his last meaningful games of his seasons? Probably not in the top 103.

No Tip, it's in the top 3 of all time in the 4th quarter period. He's actually #1 if I'm not mistaken, but it may be 2 or 3. Your narrative is wrong....look it up, stop being lazy.

And, again, losing the games doesn't mean HE was the reason they lost, which you seem to think it is. It's just funny is all.

You haven't really mentioned how you are ranking "best all time in the 4th quarter" (obviously not by wins or losses) but I'm pretty certain whatever nerdalyzer ranking you're using won't look fondly on Romo if you look only at his last meaningful games each season. You know, elimination games. Romo apologists hate the term, but some guys are clutch, some aren't. He's never been. I can't think of a long-time NFL QB with that much talent around him who never, not once, even played in (much less lost) a championship game. He's a choke.

But did you know Tony Romo has thrown 34 touchdown passes and only 8 interceptions in 16 December games he started in since 2009? That's just five TDs less than the NFL's golden child, Aaron Rodgers, who has 39 TDs and 8 INTs over the same span.
In fact, over those 16 games (which includes the 2011 game against the Eagles in which he threw just two passes before injuring his throwing hand as well as last year's Redskins game which he finished with a serious back injury) Romo has thrown for 4,342 yards on 359-for-549 passing (65.4%) for a passer rating of 104.1 in December from 2009-2013.

Tony Romo ranks at the very top of the league in December passer rating over the last five years. That's not even debatable. Unfortunately, the December Swoon is such a convenient storyline that many pundits and fans alike have taken it at face value without giving the matter further thought. But a closer look at the stats clearly shows that Romo rocks December.
So how come the Cowboys managed only a paltry 7-9 record over the 16 December games from 2009-2013 with Romo as the starter? Because no matter how good your quarterback is, football is still a team sport.

You haven't really mentioned how you are ranking "best all time in the 4th quarter" (obviously not by wins or losses) but I'm pretty certain whatever nerdalyzer ranking you're using won't look fondly on Romo if you look only at his last meaningful games each season. You know, elimination games. Romo apologists hate the term, but some guys are clutch, some aren't. He's never been. I can't think of a long-time NFL QB with that much talent around him who never, not once, even played in (much less lost) a championship game. He's a choke.

You're wrong. It's just your gut feel. And as we've seen for years, your gut feel is undefeated...and not in the right way.

But did you know Tony Romo has thrown 34 touchdown passes and only 8 interceptions in 16 December games he started in since 2009? That's just five TDs less than the NFL's golden child, Aaron Rodgers, who has 39 TDs and 8 INTs over the same span.
In fact, over those 16 games (which includes the 2011 game against the Eagles in which he threw just two passes before injuring his throwing hand as well as last year's Redskins game which he finished with a serious back injury) Romo has thrown for 4,342 yards on 359-for-549 passing (65.4%) for a passer rating of 104.1 in December from 2009-2013.

This is flimsy, in the context of my challenge. Congrats to Romo's meaningless Decembers.

This is a super bowl discussion. Let's leave romo out of this, he will never sniff a super bowl

This is flimsy, in the context of my challenge. Congrats to Romo's meaningless Decembers.

When else do they play games that are meaningful (your words, not mine)?

Those stats were before last season as well, where the Cowboys went 4-0.

You're wrong. It's just your gut feel. And as we've seen for years, your gut feel is undefeated...and not in the right way.

I'm asking you to support your premise that Romo excels in 4th quarters of elimination games. That's all I've asked.

Lol, you're not getting "elimination game" ... These are games that if a team loses, it is no longer eligible to win the championship.

To avoid more meaningless bulllshit, we're clear on Romo's Decembers. We are not clear about Romo when the Cowboys really, really, really need to win or season's over.

Lol, you're not getting "elimination game" ... These are games that if a team loses, it is no longer eligible to win the championship.

No, I certainly am. Don't those usually occur in December? Can you point me to the games you're talking about? I mean, you should have something to back up your 'gut feel' shouldn't you? If he's that good in December, which he is based on the stats, it would be hard to believe HE would have been the reason they lost any/most/all of those "elimination" games, wouldn't it?

To avoid more meaningless bulllshit, we're clear on Romo's Decembers. We are not clear about Romo when the Cowboys really, really, really need to win or season's over.

Again, don't those games occur in December? And again, point me to the games you're talking about.

Lareux, in every season of his career, except for the seasons he hurt his back or pussy, he has had a game or games, including playoff game or games, that decided the Cowboys' eligibility to win that year's Super Bowl. His starting QB record in those games is not good. Those are the games I'm talking about. Not December 11th, 2009 against the Bucs or whatever. He has never led his team to even an appearance in a championship game. He's a choke.

Lareux, in every season of his career, except for the seasons he hurt his back or pussy, he has had a game or games, including playoff game or games, that decided the Cowboys' eligibility to win that year's Super Bowl. His starting QB record in those games is not good. Those are the games I'm talking about. Not December 11th, 2009 against the Bucs or whatever. He has never led his team to even an appearance in a championship game. He's a choke.

Prove it.

Romo has done that for me.

What's your favorite Romo December moment?

The actual numbers say otherwise. You were probably just drunk watching any games you watched anyway, so it's definitely easy to see why you are so far off of what reality says.

I don't have one.

Which numbers? December numbers or win-or-go-home numbers? He's not the best player to shrink, but he has always shrunk. So many, so many quarterbacks have started a conference championship game.

Which numbers? December numbers or win-or-go-home numbers? He's not the best player to shrink, but he has always shrunk. So many, so many quarterbacks have started a conference championship game.

You haven't shown these "win or go home" numbers so I'm not sure. You've done nothing but state your gut feel, which doesn't jibe with reality...and then just keep repeating what you've said, still with no proof. This may be one of your best comedy works on this site, to be honest.

I wish Romo got to a big game so I could see if he only chokes before it.

Lar, if I bother to look it up, it won't be pretty. The articles in support of the guy concede a losing record, and they're dated. He certainly didn't hit the mark this year. Wow, the Pokes couldn't win with Weeden.

Tony Romo's championship game record, at the age of 40 or whatever: 0-0

Lar's take: team sport

Lar.

Your team is 6-8. If you lose, you're done. It's the start of the 4rh quarter. The game is tied, but the starting quarterback had a heart attack, he died. You have Romo and Cam on the bench, it's an embarrassment of riches. They're both healthy as a horse. Who's your guy?

Here's Lar in nerd voice,

"Hmm, Romo has been good in December."

No, this is actually good.

I think Romo is a choke. That's it.

Alex did not include some of my best stuff. But the numbers don't lie.

I'm still waiting for Lar to provide his championship game numbers.

No one licks these balls like Lar. Maybe teed. I bet you can't find one Cowboy fan that wants him. They fucking want Manziel, what does that tell you?

Back