Large wimbledon womens final bet

King Slap

CTG Honorary Super Moderator
Bartoli is dogged? Lmao!

Bartoli +185 - Risking a lot of my $ to win a lot of $

book it guys. Should win 2-0

Bartoli lost 4-6 7-6 1-6 2 years ago in a QF against an inferior version of Lisicki (that version was no way capable of taking a set of Serena, let alone beating her). If a better or equal version of Bartoli (she hasn't improved in the last 2 years) couldn't beat a worse version of Lisicki 2-0 2 years ago, why should she this time round? Not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely interested in hearing an answer.

Last edited:
Bartoli lost 4-6 7-6 1-6 2 years ago in a QF against an inferior version of Lisicki (that version was no way capable of taking a set of Serena, let alone beating her). If a better or equal version of Bartoli (she hasn't improved in the last 2 years) couldn't beat a worse version of Lisicki 2-0 2 years ago, why should she this time round? Not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely interested in hearing an answer.

I second that...
I mean what would he have said if it was Serena in the finals not Lisicki? just play the dog? lol

There is no reason for Lisicki to be a -200 or higher fav. This is a PK all day and Fatoli has had a much easier path

Hell kind of tennis analysis is that? Bartoli is in much better form imo

Bartoli has beaten no one (Stephens is someone? please. Speak to me again in 2 years), so what exactly does her not losing a set mean? Nothing. Sabine is the first real player with talent & experience she's faced.

I'm off to watch the match, but as I leave Sabine has 2 BPs in the very first service game.

Rankings in brackets
Lisicki's route to the finals includes:

Schiavone (45)
Vesnina (22)
Stosur (13)
Serena (1)
Kanepi (46)
Radwanska (4)

Bartoli played:
Svitolina (82)
McHale (70)
Giorgi (93)
Knapp (104)
Stephens (17)
Flipkens (20)

Doesn't take a half wit to figure out who played better

Slap,
if you gave a valid reasoning to your wager than perhaps people would be more appreciative of it, but to say "Bartoli is in better form" doesn't cut it, because you really have no valid evidence to that?
come on man, there's a time and place for value and I can see what you are trying here. yes both will be nervous and yes you do have a point that perhaps Lisicki is priced too high...but there is also a reason for that.

Rankings in brackets
Lisicki's route to the finals includes:

Schiavone (45)
Vesnina (22)
Stosur (13)
Serena (1)
Kanepi (46)
Radwanska (4)

Bartoli played:
Svitolina (82)
McHale (70)
Giorgi (93)
Knapp (104)
Stephens (17)
Flipkens (20)

Doesn't take a half wit to figure out who played better

Thanks for posting the rankings enroute to the championship - thought about it, but never wrote them down.

Im on my phone guys, its impossible to post alot

my tennis record and knowledge ive shown on this forum over the years speaks for itself imo, i feel the line is a joke n i look to make money on bad lines in tennis, like delpo yesterd
ay

betcromes cmon man to compare bartoli yearsago to bartoli now is ridiculous

u were saying roger was done 5 years ago due to a semi slump, andwhile i agreed w u at the tome look at how silly that type of analysis in tennis is now

ive learned alot since then

bartoli is going to cruise. Lisicki has had way to tough of a path physically m emotionally

this is the womens side bros NOT the mens

ITS NOT THE SAME OR EVEN CLOSE

And id say from what i saw that bartoli taking out flipkens and sloane was mych more impressive than sabine taking out KANEPI and mentalcase radwanska

bartoli will dictate points n be agressive, radwa was a joke in that match vs sab

dont get me wrong i like sabine esp at wimbledon shes proven to be great here. Thos just isnt ger tome or a good situation

And there it is...great call Slaptron. Tennis is all about recent form and taking advantage of opportunities presented and that's what Bartoli did today in what was her likely last chance at a Slam...the German is young and thinks she'll have other opportunities.

Im on my phone guys, its impossible to post alot

my tennis record and knowledge ive shown on this forum over the years speaks for itself imo, i feel the line is a joke n i look to make money on bad lines in tennis, like delpo yesterd
ay

betcromes cmon man to compare bartoli yearsago to bartoli now is ridiculous

u were saying roger was done 5 years ago due to a semi slump, andwhile i agreed w u at the tome look at how silly that type of analysis in tennis is now

ive learned alot since then

bartoli is going to cruise. Lisicki has had way to tough of a path physically m emotionally

this is the womens side bros NOT the mens

ITS NOT THE SAME OR EVEN CLOSE

I've never said Roger was done. Feel welcome to copy & paste any post that has my asserting that.

What I know I said (whether all of it was here, or some at blankets, I can't recall, since I had the same conversation at both sites), is after men pass the age of 26 it becomes very difficult to win Slams. Historically that is as real a fact now as it was when Roger turned 27 (when I made that statement as it applied to him). I also said, however, that true champions can defy that age inertia, and while I expected Roger would to so to some degree (because he's the best of all time) that his rate of winning slams would stil slow down dramatically - and it has. In the last 5 1/2 years (since he turned 27 in 08), he has 5 Slam wins. In the 5 1/2 years previous to those, he had 12 Slam wins.

Congrats on the Bartoli win, but the Bartoli of old is a far superior version to the present one. She just lucked out on a sweet draw, and facing someone in the final who is still an emotional midget.

straight cash, nice pick. i didnt wager on the final cause i had some success earlier with the women but im wishing i would have hit fartoli and -1.5 sets

What I know I said (whether all of it was here, or some at blankets, I can't recall, since I had the same conversation at both sites), is after men pass the age of 26 it becomes very difficult to win Slams. Historically that is as real a fact now as it was when Roger turned 27 (when I made that statement as it applied to him). I also said, however, that true champions can defy that age inertia, and while I expected Roger would to so to some degree (because he's the best of all time) that his rate of winning slams would stil slow down dramatically - and it has. In the last 5 1/2 years (since he turned 27 in 08), he has 5 Slam wins. In the 5 1/2 years previous to those, he had 12 Slam wins.

BD05437_.gif

at the end of the day Slap got the bet correct.

What I was most peculiar was the statement he suggested that Bartoli was in better form. that is subjective because I would of liked her to have played the same opposition that Sabine did. Bartoli didn't even play anyone in the top 10!!! you will have to admit that Sabine played far tougher opposition and came through, but failed to when it mattered most. Bartoli's experience and composure got the better, but is she a better player than Sabine? Perhaps for only a few more seasons as the young German matures.
Will have to agree with BC, that the Bartoli of yester year was better, did Bartoli deserve to win this tournament? Umm sure she did what she needed to do, but had she played in a different half of the draw she would of been out, her draw was wide open as soon as Sharapova and Errani were knocked out. I'd be more than happy to fade her come US Open as her game will take a big step back.
She took advantage of Sabines mistakes rather than absolutely destroying Sabine at her own game.
It is nice to see a new champion but I want to see if she has game to make sure it's no fluke, the last player to have won a maiden GS and still actually do well is Victoria Azarenka who is still miles ahead better than Bartoli.

I meant to put Wimbledon finals..

Serena Williams defeated Bartoli with the same score line Bartoli won today 6-4 6-1 in 2007
Also last years finals Serena pretty much just got lazy in the 2nd set but won 6-1 5-7 6-2

Today's match was not about dominance because Lisicki just self destructed, she had more winners, more aces, less double faults, but also had more unforced errors than Bartoli. From a pure statistical point of view as well, Bartoli didn't dominate.
I know i know bla bla bla, but just clarifying to people than Bartoli's win came from the undoing of Lisicki herself, rather than pure dominance and dictating the match.

The sour-ness from those that were on Sab is STRONG

Cmon guys

Thanks for the love guys def the biggest wager ive hit in prob the past two years

Fwiw I'm trying to win an extra 1,100 on Djoka -175. I put 100 on Djoka 3-0 lol I think itll be a massacre. Nothing big, just a 3-0 bet, i know i'll win 1000 at worst. Murray is not beatibg Djoka, Jerzys missle serve had a better shot. I wanted delpo vs murray sooo bad so i could pound juan

And seriously bc? Your gonna give me shit and say bartoli was better two years ago/three years ago? Better than now. That just shows your ignorance to womens tennis bro, serena is 32 n doing unreal things, bartoli is at her peak. Please stop!!!!!

at the end of the day Slap got the bet correct.

What I was most peculiar was the statement he suggested that Bartoli was in better form. that is subjective because I would of liked her to have played the same opposition that Sabine did. Bartoli didn't even play anyone in the top 10!!! you will have to admit that Sabine played far tougher opposition and came through, but failed to when it mattered most. Bartoli's experience and composure got the better, but is she a better player than Sabine? Perhaps for only a few more seasons as the young German matures.
Will have to agree with BC, that the Bartoli of yester year was better, did Bartoli deserve to win this tournament? Umm sure she did what she needed to do, but had she played in a different half of the draw she would of been out, her draw was wide open as soon as Sharapova and Errani were knocked out. I'd be more than happy to fade her come US Open as her game will take a big step back.
She took advantage of Sabines mistakes rather than absolutely destroying Sabine at her own game.
It is nice to see a new champion but I want to see if she has game to make sure it's no fluke, the last player to have won a maiden GS and still actually do well is Victoria Azarenka who is still miles ahead better than Bartoli.

Dude its womens tennis lol wtf

No shit viki is better than fatoli. Im done with this wta shit til us open. Back to a real sport - atp

Great call slap...played it with u, pretty much a bet against the "public" on this one. Everybody and their mama on Lisicki.Saw it the same way, she had no business whatsover being that kind of favorite in this matchup. Keep up the nice work.

And seriously bc? Your gonna give me shit and say bartoli was better two years ago/three years ago? Better than now. That just shows your ignorance to womens tennis bro, serena is 32 n doing unreal things, bartoli is at her peak. Please stop!!!!!

Quite why you brought Serena into your comment, I have no idea. Serena will be capable of doing things at 34 (if she still decides she needs to play) that the majority of these WTA pussies can't even do in their prime. There's a solar system of distance between her and Bartoli. Nice try, no cigar.

As for Bartoli, 2 years ago (2011, 4 Slam appearances) she made 2 QFs (& from there 1 SF). Since then (13 Slams so far) she's again made a total of 2 QFs (1 in 2012, 1 in 2013-to-this final just gone). Hmmm, which is better form? to make 2 QFs in 4 Slams, or 2 QFs in 13 Slams? Difference between her winning a final from her latest QF as opposed to not from her 3 previous QFs is more than obviously down to the draw being opened up for her so much due to all the early upsets this time round, where she benefitted from no such luck in her previous 3 Slams she made the QF in.

So, MY ignorance of WTA tennis? Yeah, I chuck out statements with no basis in facts/stats, and expect them to fly in a forum where people are more than intelligent and capable enough of quickly finding me out? I'm that stupid? No, brah. It's you who needs to stop.

Last edited:
Excellent call. Probably the most dominant Womens win in a final in the past 2 decades. Beautiful Slap.

TM pointed out the Azarenka 6-3 6-0 demolition of Shitpova being a worse than what Lisicki suffered, but even then he was short of the mark when it comes to the worst modern day Slam loss for a woman. In the 1988 French Open final, Steffi Graf beat Natasha Zvereva 6-0 6-0 (it was the latter's only Slam final in only her 4th Slam appearance, in a career than spanned 52 Slam appearances).

Other notable hidings -

Loser won 2 games
94 Aussie Open 6-0 6-2 loss by Sanchez Vicario

Loser won 3 games
83 Wimbledon.. 6-0 6-3 loss by Jaeger (Lisicki's loss isn't the worst @Wimby for a woman)
07 French Open 6-1 6-2 loss by Ivanovic
09 Aussie Open 6-0 6-3 loss by Safina

Loser won 4 games
81 Wimbledon.. 6-2 6-2 loss by Mandlikova (another Wimby loss worse than Lisicki's)
83 US Open..... 6-1 6-3 loss by Evert-Lloyd
97 Aussie Open 6-2 6-2 loss by Pierce
97 US Open..... 6-0 6-4 loss by V Williams
07 US Open..... 6-1 6-3 loss by Kuznetsova

(like Lisicki) Loser won 5 games
90 Wimbledon.. 6-4 6-1 loss by Garrison-Jackson
95 Aussie Open 6-3 6-2 loss by Sanchez Vicario
08 Wimbledon.. 6-4 6-1 loss by Bartoli
12 French Open 6-3 6-2 loss by Errani

Including the 2 mentioned in my opening paragraph, that's a total of 6 women who were incapable of winning even a single game in any 1 set, and 12 women who were incapable of winning 4 games in either set they played: 2 feats of shame that even Lisicki in her flood of tears couldn't stoop to managing (thou I have to say, if she'd met someone of Graf's quality, like Natasha Zvereva did, then she'd have been threatening to equal the worst ever effort. She's lucky she faced a journey-woman grinder, so such an absolute humiliation was never on the cards). The '13 Wimby Women's final is far from the worst that's ever been seen.

Back