Lane Kiffin new coach at Rocky Top

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
Welcome to the SEC, cheater. Signed, Ol' Ball Coach.

By Matt Hinton

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-116463443-1228170484.jpg
Welcome to Tennessee, Lane Kiffin. Your grace period ended 12 hours ago:
South Carolina’s Steve Spurrier questioned whether new Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin broke an NCAA rule when he called a recruit a day before he was introduced as the Volunteers’ new coach.
According to a story published on VolQuest.com, part of the Rivals’ network, Kiffin and former Gamecocks recruiting coordinator David Reaves called Tampa running back Jarvis Giles on Sunday and left him voice messages.
[...]
"You’re supposed to have passed the NCAA test and be on board, I think. But maybe he was just calling him as an interested observer," Spurrier said today, laughing. "I don’t know. But technically to be able to recruit you’re supposed to pass the NCAA test."
Wow, kid. Unless you're Nick Saban, it usually takes at least a winning season before opposing coaches start accusing you of recruiting violations. They're already accepting you in the club! (If you're going to get accused, anyway, just make sure your next alleged violation really counts).
Meanwhile, Kiffin was determined to show during his introduction today that he may be naive and unprepared to lead a major program, but he's not backing down: Echoing Jim Tressel's "In 310 days in Ann Arbor" speech at Ohio State, Kiffin told reporters "It's going to be fun hearing 'Rocky Top' after we beat Florida next year." Cute, but a little forced.
I'm not saying Tennessee's not going to beat Florida next year in Gainesville. But has Lane Kiffin ever heard "Rocky Top"? Played 200 times over the course of three hours? He's not from Tennessee, you know; he hasn't been immunized to the repetition, or bred to appreciate the intricate sublimity of "Corn from a jar." Win or lose, by the end of the game, he'll be calling his agent about NFL openings just to get away from

i had heard from multiple sources that he called Giles and several other recruits on sunday...funny that spurrier would bitch....but nonetheless shows that Kiffin is gonna push the rules sometimes beyond breaking points, just like Nick Saban and Urban Meyer

Just when i started to really hate this MFer I have to see pics of his wife...a hot, thin, 5'10 blonde...my personal favorite....:36_11_6:

I will forever root for UT against all other SEC teams while thinking of Layla getting "excited" after every TD....:cheers:

Can you say MILF of The Year...Layla Kiffin....:tiphat:

Mully

Heard today from a reliable source that a significant # of the CURRENT UT players are not feeling Kiffin so far. Supposedly when he met with the team he was very vulgar and his personality was brash and the team was taken back by his personality.

I think many of the players were disappointed when Phil left, but were excited for the possibility of a more potent offense. But after what I have heard today, mnay of the upper classmen are frustrated b/c they only have a yr or two left and arent sure they want to play for Kiffin, but they dont want to leave UT and sit out a yr.

Heard today from a reliable source that a significant # of the CURRENT UT players are not feeling Kiffin so far. Supposedly when he met with the team he was very vulgar and his personality was brash and the team was taken back by his personality.

I think many of the players were disappointed when Phil left, but were excited for the possibility of a more potent offense. But after what I have heard today, mnay of the upper classmen are frustrated b/c they only have a yr or two left and arent sure they want to play for Kiffin, but they dont want to leave UT and sit out a yr.

That's what I want to hear. A lot of these guys are softer than tissue paper. No swagger at all. Kiffin will get the ship righted.

How is The Great Recruiter, Lane Kiffin doing?

UF snatches commit away from UT

<!-- /HEADLINE --><!-- MAIN PHOTO --><!-- /MAIN PHOTO --><!-- BYLINE -->
By Edward Aschoff
Correspondent

<!-- /BYLINE --><!-- PUBDATE -->Published: Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, December 19, 2008 at 3:53 p.m.
<!-- /PUBDATE -->
Florida has defeated the Tennessee Volunteers yet again this season.
This time it wasn’t on the playing field but in the recruiting of Paris, Tenn., Henry County athlete Marsalis Teague, who verbally committed to the Gators Thursday night.
For some time it was believed that the Vols led for Teague’s services, but after the dismissal of coach Phillip Fulmer, other teams started to get the jump on Tennessee. Florida took a significant lead, which it never relinquished.
Teague is a three-star prospect, according to Rivals.com, and primarily plays quarterback and defensive back for Henry County but projects as a cornerback at the collegiate level.
Teague is the 15th commitment and the third defensive back in UF’s 2009 recruiting class.
The 5-foot-10, 170-pound Teague was also named Tennessee’s 2008 Gatorade Player of the year and was a part of the state’s Region 7-4A All-Region team.

http://florida.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=1&pr_key=80828

Mully :cheers:

<!-- GRAY BOX ARTICLE CONTENT--><!-- needs to go into global after beta/qa -->

Back