LA-Detroit-Thursday(Caution)...top unit play

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
have hit that dreaded zone this season...where it seems everything is 50-50. At same point..we'll roll on..plays will get more sparse as we go into the ASG weekend...a moose...but not last night at Rose Graden..LeBRON hit some jumpers..and when he does..you cannot stop him...Blazer offense got soooo stagnant as well..

Detroit -7.5 -110 5 units

Been waiting for this game for a few months..expcted Andrew to be in and a short line..either way...LOVE this spot.

Detroit comes in off a win at Conseco...this has ben a tough month of road games for Detroit...9-7 I believe this month off gtop of my head..so a winning month..which is great considering the schedule and situations...now have a nice homestand(ATL roadgame withstanding).

The three days off for Detroit from Fri-Tues was huge. They got refreshed. This is as fresh as they have been all season as they have played least home games in league sans one team. They needed it and it showed with a nice win vs Indiana.

Guess what else came back to life Tuesday...the bench...they breed on confidence..so thats huge...

jarvis is back..and Stucks hand is much better...

Love the revenge angle..plus Kobias always is below average against us...

I hate laying chalk wit Detroit at home...but this is a special situation...

a rare home TNT Thursday....and HUGE revenge...this gets ugly by half...

no worry about backdoor as the bench ahs come back last game..but more specifically last week or so...Amir is a factor and Stuck getting healthy again.

Bynum is too big a loss..

Detroit 107-89

Lay it and love it:tiphat:

yo bar, just looked at their last matchup it was a long time ago 11/16..u still think revenge will b on their minds?

yo bar, just looked at their last matchup it was a long time ago 11/16..u still think revenge will b on their minds?

Yes

These are vets..they keep their minds on this...gives motivation...Dice and Chillups were out last time yet Detroit had chance entering 4th qtr...they be ready..as rested as Det been in over a month as well..mentally

good luck on the play, I'm still trying to figure out which way this line will be moving towards.

DETROIT is one of the few teams that CAN stop KOBE !
looks good - good luck !

im actually a laker fan and i will be on detroit as well....kwame is just pathetic, he helps out the other team more than he does his own...BOL

GL BAR..

My only concern is that Detroit has been playing down to their competition. Not exactly a good thing when eating eight.

hoppe the handle busines.. kinda bummed i sold my tickets to the game 2nite... havent really been able to attend a game with money on it since i faded them vs the jazzz

Good luck tonite, BAR...

Nine-game trip begins against Pistons. It should give them time to bond.
By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer January 31, 2008

Jerry West was a fresh-faced rookie with a crew cut the last time anything like this happened.

The Lakers are leaving town for a while, a long while actually, 15 days and nine games on an 8,713-mile journey that will take them through more than half the Eastern Conference.

It is the Lakers' longest trip since 1960-61, their first season in Los Angeles, but that 10-game trip was broken up near its midpoint when the team returned home for several days before Christmas.

There will be no break for the current Lakers, beginning tonight against Detroit. If they don't know each other well enough now, they presumably will by the time they return.

"I don't think we have much of a choice," guard Derek Fisher said, smiling. "Over two weeks, I think we will have spent quite a bit of time together. Hopefully on the court, it'll show."

The trip starts with a flurry against three teams with winning records -- Detroit, Toronto, Washington -- and ends with a whisper against three teams with losing records, Miami, Charlotte, and Minnesota. In between is a mixture of the bad (New Jersey, Atlanta) and good (Orlando).

There will be three sets of back-to-back games, a challenge for any team in a condensed period away from home. In a minor break, five of the trip's nine games are against teams with under-.500 records.

The main reason for the time away is the annual Grammy Awards at Staples Center, although the league decided last summer to tack on an extra game or two beyond the time the Lakers typically leave town in late January and early February.

The Lakers are wounded these days, seemingly losing players and games at the same pace, but Kobe Bryant didn't flinch when asked about the laborious path over the next couple of weeks.

"Everybody's talking about this road trip like we're going to drop, like, nine straight," he said earlier this week. "It's ridiculous, you know what I mean? Like it's Murderers' Row. I'm not too concerned."

The roll call of the injured: Andrew Bynum (knee) and Trevor Ariza (foot) won't accompany the team; Chris Mihm (ankle, heel) went with the team Wednesday, but won't play until the end of the trip, at the earliest; Luke Walton also went with the team, but is day-to-day because of a right hip pointer; and Lamar Odom has a bruised left shin after being kicked in Tuesday's game against New York (X-rays and an MRI exam were negative, and he is expected to play tonight).

Healthy or otherwise, the Lakers are putting a positive spin on the trek.

"I do think there will be a lot of postgame dinners and obviously a lot of plane rides and bus rides where we'll get opportunities to talk and really focus in on what happened in the game that night," Fisher said. "We'll get quite a bit of time to do that on this trip."

Jordan Farmar was selected to take part in the rookie-sophomore challenge Feb. 15 in New Orleans, part of All-Star weekend festivities. . . . DJ Mbenga traveled with the team to Detroit, an indicator he would be signed to another 10-day contract. . . . Knicks forward Renaldo Balkman was suspended by the league for one game because he elbowed Sasha Vujacic in the jaw in Tuesday's game.

TONIGHT

at Detroit, 4:30 PST, (Ch. 9, 5:30)

Site -- The Palace of Auburn Hills.

Radio -- 570; 1330.

Records -- Lakers 28-15; Pistons 32-13.

Record vs. Pistons -- 1-0.

Update -- At the Palace, the Pistons have beaten the Lakers eight consecutive times by an average of 15 points, including three games in the 2004 NBA Finals.

Last edited:
they better put Prince on Kobe and not Rip. I've seen them go with Rip before and I don't get it.

Yeah...looked great till mid second qtr or so...dissapointing...but Kobe was phenomenal...prolly going to take a break for a little while and get refreshed a bit for the stretch run...

we'll see. still have one I really like this weekend

BAR u da man.... i have tailed you recently into the ground. but will always respect your picks and you are way up unit wize. GL man.. looking for your pick this weekend

betting aside, that was a great game at the palace...and damn the pistons bench is impressive...git em bar.

if you do take a break ...atleast post ur leans and see how that does ...i know that when i pick my games early in the morning and see u on the same side as me i know that im doing decent capping the games. thanks bro for ur effort! also ur leans will help people..hell u dont even have to do a write up leans only...i would feel better and yes im one of those who makes bar and collegekingrex "views" go around the thousands there good and good people...im trashed and sad i had a losing night( bad)...ready to hit the bed...and also thanks cappingthegame.com i have a playground to come to when i get out of the bars!!!

hey bar your OG enough to know just a bad stretch.. ill be anticipating your come back for sure take it ez till then alright

Back