Kyrie to the Celtics

That's the big one, that should be a top 2 pick and both porter and the other dude going to Duke are projected to be great

Is Cleveland not better next year with IT doing Kyrie's scoring, both are turnstyles on d

And Crowder being a massive upgrade...

Then long term you get bagley or Porter prolly, Plus whatever trading Love gets you

Decent blank slate for the future

I think Ainge didn't want to give IT a max contract and since IT is a fan favorite, it saves him that headache.

Good move for Cleveland. When Lebron leaves next year at least they'll have a few pieces, although I think it's back to a shitty Cavs team.

I think Ainge didn't want to give IT a max contract and since IT is a fan favorite, it saves him that headache.

Good move for Cleveland. When Lebron leaves next year at least they'll have a few pieces, although I think it's back to a shitty Cavs team.

Very true on not having to pay Thomas - also his hip injury still hasn't healed and/or if it will completely...

The Nets pick hurts. won't know how this turns out for a few years.

The longest tenured players on the Celtics are now Smart and Rozier. These two plus horford and Brown are the only players from last years team still on this years..

Cavs are gonna shit-whip the C's.

Gonna be fun.

Ainge jizzed over himself one too many times.

Can't wait for the season to begin. Not long now.

All this time scared to pull the trigger on a big trade and this is what he does. I'd be do furious as a Celtics fan.

A SU trade of IT and Kyrie is fair...slight edge to Kyrie...very slight though...teo horrid defensive player that score. Whoopie! Now Cavs get a potential top pick as well? Cmon now. And Crowder. Oh stop!

I think it's a win-win situation for everyone involved.
Everyone (including myself) said that Ainge is holding out and not making any major play and just keeps stacking chips and when he finally makes a move, you criticize him for that?
Bottom line, Kyrie is a superstar and a player that I think is amazing and by far the best player that wore green jersey in the last 5 years. He is better than IT, better than GH and better than Horford. Yes, Ainge gave up a lot, but Boston can afford that. IT probably gave the best season of his career till the rest of his career, Nets pick can easily be Top 5 and not Top 1/2 pick and yes, Crowder is a very good and cheap player, but still... you have to give something of value to get a superstar...
IT off an injury, much much worse defender than Kyrie that struggled against Wizards, when they really focused on him and against Cleveland as well. Kyrie is also much younger and for 18/19 season, much cheaper as well.
Cleveland couldn't have done better, that's for sure, but Ainge made the right decision without a doubt in my opinion.

I also think that Boston now can easily be even to Cleveland, with Hayward, Kyrie and Horford against Bron, Love and IT... Boston still has few very good young players on paper, still has a good and valuable pick and still has multiple options...

Time to lay out odds on LeBron leaving Cleveland. He isn't going anywhere and I have some money I'm waiting for on the Trump win over Clinton I'm willing to risk on it.

BAR, very slight edge to Kyrie? Really?!
Kyrie is one of the worst defensive players I've ever seen. He is a gifted scorer for sure and when he gets hot is very fun to watch but he is by no means a "superstar". Not even close. Superstar is reserved for about 4-5 guys in the league. He is not one of those.

This is one of the most bizarre trades in all of sports that I can remember in recent history. Trade to your primary rival?

And what did Cleveland really gain? Do they think the pick is enough to keep Lebron around? I doubt it, think he just can't stand Gilbert and can't wait to dart.

Kyrie is one of the worst defensive players I've ever seen. He is a gifted scorer for sure and when he gets hot is very fun to watch but he is by no means a "superstar". Not even close. Superstar is reserved for about 4-5 guys in the league. He is not one of those.

Age though is a factor, plus contract, IT is basically a one and done with the cavs situation, maybe a sign and trade next summrr

I think because of that Crowder added would have been fair, maybe a Boston 1st or that Lakers 1st top 10 protected they have

The Brooklyn pick is insane though, especially in next year's draft which seems loaded in the top 3

This is one of the most bizarre trades in all of sports that I can remember in recent history. Trade to your primary rival?

And what did Cleveland really gain? Do they think the pick is enough to keep Lebron around? I doubt it, think he just can't stand Gilbert and can't wait to dart.

Cleveland gained a ton

This has nothing to do with keeping LeBron

They got better for next year with one more run with LeBron, and have a brighter post LeBron future

They basically jump started their rebuild by 2-3 years

Kyrie did a hell of a defensive effort on Curry in Game 1 in 2015 Finals. He at least can defend. IT is much worse as a defender and off an injury...
If superstar is Top 5, he is probably not it, but I would say that Superstar is Top 20 player in the league and he is easily that... Probably even Top 15...

The one thing good for Boston is they are not faced with the issue of having to give IT a huge contract. That's about it for positives.

I don't think either team did all that well...but BAR is right, the last thing Boston needed was to deal with Thomas' contract. And Cleveland will be awful w/o Lebron, draft pick is a crap shoot, especially next year.

Kyrie did a hell of a defensive effort on Curry in Game 1 in 2015 Finals. He at least can defend. IT is much worse as a defender and off an injury...
If superstar is Top 5, he is probably not it, but I would say that Superstar is Top 20 player in the league and he is easily that... Probably even Top 15...

Two things.

1. Kyrie cannot defend. I don't care if he tried hard one game 3 years ago he is simply awful.

2. There are 20 'superstars' in the league. That is basically saying almost both All-Star rosters have all superstars. That is just incorrect. That is the most overused term in sports.

I don't think either team did all that well...but BAR is right, the last thing Boston needed was to deal with Thomas' contract. And Cleveland will be awful w/o Lebron, draft pick is a crap shoot, especially next year.

Getting one of the top picks next year is huge. So, if LEBRON leaves they are out in front of starting the rebuild right there instead of being stuck in mediocrity for years to come.

Yeah but next year's draft class isn't close to this year. It's not great...can use it to land a FA is the best thing to come from it.

It will more than likely be a top 3 pick...

Bagley, Porter...that is a good jumpstart on the future...at this point...

What's funny is w/o James, the Cavs will be the Celtics. I honestly thought Lebron would re-sign but it sounds like the hatred for Gilbert is real and there's virtually no chance at this point. So IT, Love and a rookie? Yeah, I'm out on that program

I doubt Love will be there.

Crowder is a nice piece.

Who knows with IT.

Throw away IT and you still got a potential high draft pick, Crowder and filler for Kyrie. That isn't awful in itself.

If IT is healthy for playoffs, the Cavs are better now because they picked up some defense with Crowder. IT and Kyrie cancel each other out as defensive players.

The Cavs mini-run was done regardless after Kyrie demanded a trade. So, they are being proactive and made a very solid move here.

Yeah
Yeah but next year's draft class isn't close to this year. It's not great...can use it to land a FA is the best thing to come from it.

many people have said bagley and porter are better than anyone in this past draft, and that pick is likely to be a top one

Irving won’t come cheap, and before any team turns over the reins to the four-time all-star it should be aware he has yet to prove he is up to the task of elevating the players around him.

Before James’s return in 2014, the Cavaliers were outscored by at least 5.1 net points per 100 possessions with Irving on the court, roughly the same production we expect from a team that wins 25 to 27 games a season. In 2014-15 Cleveland had a net rating of plus-0.9 with Irving on the court and James on the bench. The next season that declined to minus-0.5 and then again to minus-8 in 2016-17, a mark lower than the 26-win Los Angeles Lakers(minus-7.2 net rating) last season. When Irving was without the services of James and Kevin Love, the team’s net rating dropped even further to minus-12.8.

Boston is going to be a good team and the East is wide open but man that defense all around is going to be BRUTAL.

The one thing with the Dubs, they can turn it on defensively. That is why they are the champs and these mimic teams are not.

Yeah while everyone tries to compete with GSW offensively they seem to forget that their defense is grade A

The one thing good for Boston is they are not faced with the issue of having to give IT a huge contract. That's about it for positives.
I doubt Love will be there.

Crowder is a nice piece.

Who knows with IT.

Throw away IT and you still got a potential high draft pick, Crowder and filler for Kyrie. That isn't awful in itself.

If IT is healthy for playoffs, the Cavs are better now because they picked up some defense with Crowder. IT and Kyrie cancel each other out as defensive players.

They don't cancel each other out, while they both suck on defense, Kyrie being 6 inches taller makes a difference, it also gives Stevens a chance with the team defense. He doesn't have to send a help defender every single time.

Lot more positive than your comment above..
Getting a younger, taller player entering the prime of his career under contract for 2+ years in exchange for an undersized injured guard who is going to demand a big contract at the end of this year.

On a side note I don't know much about Morris. If he doesn't go to jail, can he play defense?

https://nesn.com/2017/08/nba-rumors-some-celtics-players-werent-that-fond-of-isaiah-thomas/amp/

Can't remember the last player who left Boston outside PP in any sport who didn't get trashed from 'leaks' on the way out

Never heard any whispers of this., I wouldn't trust Broussard he hates Boston.
KG, Ray Bourque, Avery Bradley no one trashed them, though I wouldBradley
The leaks aren't leaks. It is sports radio looking for ratings and the vindictive sports writers trying to get clicks...both lead with "sources" and that makes it ok for them to spew these stories..

They don't cancel each other out, while they both suck on defense, Kyrie being 6 inches taller makes a difference, it also gives Stevens a chance with the team defense. He doesn't have to send a help defender every single time.

Lot more positive than your comment above..
Getting a younger, taller player entering the prime of his career under contract for 2+ years in exchange for an undersized injured guard who is going to demand a big contract at the end of this year.

On a side note I don't know much about Morris. If he doesn't go to jail, can he play defense?[/QUOTE]

Racist :)

Boston did ok on this, let's not sugar coat it...they are going to be a fun watch. And the defense will absolutely suck.

Um my post didn't post....

But I think Boston will be a fun watch and will have zero defense, which should also be fun to watch

Back