KSimp Playoffs and Bowls

2team 7pt NIU +14.5, Boise/NIU O49
3team 10pt NIU +17.5, Boise/NIU O46, BG +4.5
4team 13pt NIU +20.5, Boise/NIU O43, BG +7, Marshall +8

Screen froze at both books early when trying to take the boise -17.5 so I took some -23.5 to cover myself

1.5u Boise -3 2H
1.5u Boise/NIU O27 2H

I think I was on the way wrong side of all of that to start the match. NIU looks to be getting dominated on the line both sides of the ball, and they are dropping like flies.

All plays this weekend going in general discussion Carolina grind threat to keep it simple for me in one thread while out of town

Plays in Carolina Grind thread but copy and pasting those over, will copy and paste the teasers later since I have to sift between NFL and CFB. Indiana chapped my ass yesterday. Kickoff return, missed FG to win, lose by FG in OT ouch. These are all bets made on top of bets already made in this thread

$100 SDSU -2
$30 Longest TD SDSU game O54.5
$30 sdsu tt o29.5
$25 Marshall -3
$85 Uconn/Marsh U46.5(b2)
$55 Nebraska +7
$60 Miami +4.5(b2)
$100 Indiana -145
$55 Nebby +9(b2.5)
$40 Nebby +215
$40 Sou Miss +10(b2)
$30 Uconn/Marshall 1H U21.5
$35 Uconn/Marshall 1st score FG/safety +175

Didn't get to watch but half the game either but 10.5 and 10 felt like great numbers in the southern miss game. Was at a table to see the FG at the end to burn me. Would love any insight on how the game played out for the most part. Didn't take any second half action on that slate of games just let it ride

From what I saw Wash was pretty balanced. So Miss hit them w/ big plays. Someone else could probably detail it better, as this was a 3rd option my viewing pleasure.

Didn't get to watch but half the game either but 10.5 and 10 felt like great numbers in the southern miss game. Was at a table to see the FG at the end to burn me. Would love any insight on how the game played out for the most part. Didn't take any second half action on that slate of games just let it ride

USM QB and WR's played amazing. There was absolutely no answer at all for Mike Thomas, he had 190 yards on 9 catches and 2TD and he dropped a pass when the Wash DB pulled a hammy that wold have been another 50+ yarder and TD. Wash did whatever they wanted on offense and their front 7 dominated any runs USM tried. I had washington and under, washington was a good bet the under was not and im not just saying that because one was a winner and the other lost that's not how I grade myself on a bet. I think USM was really fortunate to keep it close really due to some amazing plays by their WR and a couple early dropped INT by Wash in the 1Q. Wash outgained them by 200+, had 5 more FD, USM was 2-2 on 4th down including a great fake punt in their own half which led to 7 and there were just huge plays made by both teams all night. That being said, Wash kicked a chip shot FG on the 1 with almost no time left to go up 13 and it was an idiotic coaching decision by Pete to not just run another play. So while it could have won, I think it was clear Wash was the better bet in the game.

Yea I saw the FG so that hurt. From what I saw USM was playing well to keep it close and as you say wash was grinding them on the line and on O

thanks for the recap guys

been posting in carolina grind thread with multisport but on AFA, Over, UNC, LSU today and may add more

Lol well at least this time most of the board was with me but they played damn good yesterday can't take that away for sure. Lol great first post on CTG

You're a good dude but you can't be objective about Clemson. See your previous posts about Dabo's butthole tightening. Best of luck rest of season and Happy New Year.

Haha yes most of the betting was done in a fade fashion but yesterdays bet was solely a numbers play. My numbers, and I think a good many other people's numbers, had OU winning in a big win there; but obviously huge misread as Stoops strikes again and Clemson came ready to play. Should be a good final.

slowing the posting because i have been doing shit, dont want anyone losing money on my watch but im on ohio st over, mississippi and over, michigan under, tenn under

was with family half time looked and none of my bets but the tenn/nw U50.5 and a couple parlays so I just laid it heavy for ole miss and the over. pretty much for my lungs after being wrong on multiple big bets (UNC, OU) hopefully they hold form.

that worked out well, only play I have locked so far is U64 in the AZSt/WVU game may add some more

I also have parlay live OleMiss/Bama for title game, so you got your wish Adderall Slim, I will continue my fade. My half sarcastic dabo butt tightening comment was light hearted and not meant to be taken as my write up for the game. Nobody can dispute that Dabo typically plays big games pretty close to the vest (ND, NCSt, SC this year) but it is also well documented that Dabo has a pretty decent record in those type games. As I said that was to be taken as lightheartedness, not as a write up. In terms of my actual thoughts on this game I am betting on one thing, the Alabama front line on D. The Bama front 7 may be the only thing in CFB that can be counted on.

I have a friend that is typically a smart money bettor that is pulling his hair out today with all the favorites and overs hitting and he just keeps saying, "Everyone sucks" which is not too far from the truth haha. Bama front 7 is the best unit among the four teams in the CFB Playoff and I will place my money with them to win the game. The line seemed a bit higher than I expected but no surprise to see the line go from -4.5 to -7 in minutes.

Though for the record I will recant any sentiment of negativity towards Clemson over the last few weeks. Over the last few years Clemson and namely Watson have done terribly come December games because they actually start to play some competition. This year the team was far better than I expected through the year and where Gamecocks nearly pulled a fast one on them, that would have been a miracle with the talent gap as it stands this year. That partly played into my butthole tightening joke as he played it close enough to the vest for ND and USC to get back into the games and nearly win them both. But the coaching job done against OU was definitely top notch as they already had a beat on OU from the year before and Stoops could not adjust at all. It should be a great game, maybe one of the few competitive post new years bowls lol.

small bet Penn St +7

really really hate backing Hackenburg after the money he lost me over the last few weeks of the season but I question UGA's motivation today with their interim HC on the way out and them playing in the Taxslayer bowl. I do not see PSU being able to do a whole lot since I hate Hackenburg but I have the line closer to 3 so I will take a stab.

I just sat on my Bama ML parlay and teasers with Bama +3.5 and +6.5, was so tempted to take the +7 to cover and would have middled sadly. Will update record and all later today or this week when I get less busy but ended bowl season down a bit for sure despite a decent record took big losses on Baylor and OU but big win with Ole Miss.

Was definitely a great game and a great season thanks to all that stopped by and helped out. Learned a lot and had a great time with it thanks to the board here at CTG. Thanks everyone and see you in the off sport threads until football comes back :D

Back