KIMBO SLICE vs. KEN SHAMROCK -OCT. 4

barmeezee

dirty hippie fuckslave
<TABLE class=module borderColor=#111111 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800 border=0 rgfloat="440,600"><TBODY><TR><TH class=moduletitle align=left colSpan=3>EliteXC Fighting </TH><TH class=moduletitle align=left>Spread</TH><TH class=moduletitle align=left>Money Line</TH><TH class=moduletitle align=left>Total Points</TH><TH class=moduletitle noWrap align=left colSpan=2>Team Total Points</TH><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD noWrap colSpan=8><SMALL>EliteXC Saturday Night Fights - Heavyweight 3 rounds - BankAtlantic Center, Sunrise, FL - CBS</SMALL></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 28px" vAlign=bottom bgColor=#f6f6f6><TD noWrap>Sat 10/4</TD><TD noWrap>101 </TD><TD noWrap>Ken Shamrock</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap><INPUT id=editx maxLength=5 size=4 name=M1_44> +330 </TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 28px" vAlign=top bgColor=#f6f6f6><TD noWrap>6:00PM (EST) </TD><TD noWrap>102</TD><TD noWrap>Kimbo Slice</TD><TD noWrap></TD><TD noWrap><INPUT id=editx maxLength=5 size=4 name=M2_44> -450 </TD><TD noWrap></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Discuss...:36_11_6:
Ken Shamrock ankle lock .. chalky price on Kimbo.. both are kinda old heads

seeing kimbo fight just scares the living shit outta me, i mean look at the guy

merriman wouldnt even go 1 minute, much less one round, with this motherfucker

hes a killing machine

kimbo_slice_elite_xc.jpg

Shamrock is old and needs to retire. He'll try to submit Kimbo as he knows he doesn't stand a chance standing up.

Can Kimbo sprawl effectively? I agree with spooks and the fairly obvious, which is Shamrock will bring this fight to the ground, if able, because Shamrock cannot stand with Kimbo. Shamrock will shoot in within the first ten seconds of the fight.

I kinda like Shamrock in this one.

You think he's going to just stand there, and try and trade punches?

Kimbo still doesn't have shit going for him besides heavy fists.

I just don't know if Shamrock will be allowed to win.

Guys beware of Slice. He can throw, but after 2 rounds shamrock will roll him. If he can take Slice down its over. Obviously, Slice has the punchers chance and that counts for something in the early rounds.

Am I reading to much into the line? It is screaming to take Shamrock to the average MMA fan. I still don't think oddsmakers have really perfected MMA lines yet, but this line is odd.

Shamrock is so bad at this age but Kimbo is just as aweful. Kimbo last win against, Thompson ,was knocked out by Butterbean and Kimbo almost lost to Thompson. C'mon that is aweful.

No matter how washed up Shamrock is he really worse then Tank Abbott? I think Tank's odds were better then Shamrocks. That is why this line screams to take action on Shamrock but I just think it is a semi-trap. There is no way I can back Kimbo here at those odds so will just stay away.

I hope Kimbo knocks him out and looks impressive in doing so. That hopefully will keep the line respectable when he fights Rogers next so I can pound Rogers.

Wjat do you think?

I'm still not convinced that Sammy was being serious in that thread. Can someone be so oblivious to fighting?

I think you need to join in in some of these in-games more often, and see the stuff that is being said in them....

:smiley_acbe:

Then you will know.

Shamrock is worse than tank abbot

I dont put too much weight into these 2 fighters, but I give Shamrock a little more credit than Tank. Tank is basically and purely a street brawler, he was always prone to getting submitted.

On the other hand, Shamrock has come a long way and he is the "Hulk Hogan" of the sport, that should hang it up already. His last fight showed that MMA is way past his prime plain and simple.

Anyone knows by now, hopefully, that the game plan in fighting Kimbo is to take him down, rather than to stand with him and trade punches. I dont know how Bas has trained his student in coming into this fight and I'm sure Bas knows Shamrock will try and take Kimbo down and submit him. At these odds, I can't trust none of these fighters. Shamrock might get layed out on thr floor OR Kimbo might get submitted....I'm both fighters look atrocious in their last fght.

Hoopstar is right.....Will they let Kimbo lose this fight fair and square? Especially with the recent rumors/news of how Elite XC futures is looking.

Shamrock is the "Hulk Hogan" of the UFC but only because the UFC was weak and a whole different game back then. I believe if shamrock was in his prime right now he'd have a very hard time staying in the UFC. Todays fighters are well rounded and superior to the fighters of old. The only reason he's still around is because of his name.

I kinda like Shamrock in this one.

You think he's going to just stand there, and try and trade punches?

Kimbo still doesn't have shit going for him besides heavy fists.

I just don't know if Shamrock will be allowed to win.

WAY TO MUCH INVESTED IN SLICE. YOUR LAST SENTENCE SAYS IT ALL.
Shamrock is getting compensated for his name and its not like the loss will really hurt him. Tito pounded him out in no time and even Tito is washed up now. I say the bet would be Shamrock IF it wasnt rigged.

Am I reading to much into the line? It is screaming to take Shamrock to the average MMA fan. I still don't think oddsmakers have really perfected MMA lines yet, but this line is odd.

Its screaming take Kimbo to the average MMA fan. Come on, look at how many times Ken's age, and last 5 fights have been mentioned here already in 15 posts.

"Kimbo is going to beat the shit out of him"
"Kimbo is going to knock an old man out"
"Kimbo is huge, how can't he win?"

Yet Kimbo's only -450? Aren't locks generally placed a lot higher?

Who the fuck has Kimbo fought? Those guys don't even have Wiki pages, they're so unknown. And comparing Tank Abbott to Ken is rediculous. I mean Kn has 22 wins by submission for christ sake. 1000 times the skill of anyone else the professional bum fighter has fought.

The only hesitation I have about this fight, is the fact that EliteXC lacks credibility, especially after Kimbo's last fight.

I wouldn't doubt that if Ken has Kimbo in a submission hold, there will magically be a "power surge" and the lights go out for a few minutes.

WAY TO MUCH INVESTED IN SLICE. YOUR LAST SENTENCE SAYS IT ALL.
Shamrock is getting compensated for his name and its not like the loss will really hurt him. Tito pounded him out in no time and even Tito is washed up now. I say the bet would be Shamrock IF it wasnt rigged.

Well said.

:shake:

Really? Thats where you guys are gonna go with this? It's fixed?:hang:

How bout wait till AFTER the fight to start making excuses.:shake:

Excuses cannot be made for what has not happened, mcdrew. You bet Kimbo, others will bet Shamrock, and we have what's called discussion, which is after all the main intention of this forum.

Also, do you think Kimbo's last fight ended by a ref stoppage that we would normally see? I think not.

I am not a Kimbo hater. I think the media is fluffing his character too much and creating hate in the public. I see a street brawler that is trying to make good in MMA. He is training with Bas Rutten, and I respect that. I don't hate Kimbo, but I do think because of the media attention that he is overvalued from a line perspective. I could be wrong, you could be wrong, but we agree that Shamrock is washed up. We disagree that his age is the end-all for this match.

So in a discussion i'm not allowed to point out the absurdity of people saying events are "fixed"? This is not the WWE. The winner is not predetermined.

Kimbo sucks. but at this point in his career I'd take Danny Bonaduce over Shamrock. I know the fight can go either way. I've been on the wrong side of a "sure thing" many times. ::cough:: chuck lidell :: cough::

Shamrock is the "Hulk Hogan" of the UFC but only because the UFC was weak and a whole different game back then. I believe if shamrock was in his prime right now he'd have a very hard time staying in the UFC. Todays fighters are well rounded and superior to the fighters of old. The only reason he's still around is because of his name.

Not to bust your "chops", I was referencing to your statement of Shamrock is crappier than Tank. And I clearly stated that MMA has surpassed Shamrock's time. Of-course todays fighters will walk all over Shamrock and it showed in his last fight. :shake:

Well, you can never tell that what is going through the minds of the Elite XC execs. While Kimbo's last fight was controversial, they are marketing him and Carano as the face of MMA. I don't like to think any MMA fight is fixed, but I aint holding my breath either.

When it comes to MMA, I just hate laying those kinds of odds on the favorite when it's high, knowing the fight can go either way. We all seen what happened to Lidell and he wasn't even that high in odds.

So in a discussion i'm not allowed to point out the absurdity of people saying events are "fixed"? This is not the WWE. The winner is not predetermined.

Kimbo tapped in the first round against Thompson, but they magically "zoomed the camera out" to the farthest away angle in the world, then they cut back to the ring, and some how Kimbo is out of the choke. Fast forward it to about 4:50 or so.

<object width="504" height="440"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="flashvars" value="file=http://s3.amazonaws.com/lazyjock/101163.flv&overstretch=true&autostart=true&backcolor=0x234463&frontcolor=0xFFFFFF&lightcolor=0xB7B7B7&shuffle=false&enablejs=true&volume=100&logo=http://www.fandome.com/img/watermark.png&link=http://www.fandome.com/watch/101163/Kimbo-Slice-vs-Thompson-Round-1/&linktarget=_blank&linkfromdisplay=true&image=http://s3.amazonaws.com/lazyimg/101163.jpg" /><param name="src" value="http://s3.amazonaws.com/fandomeflash/sportsbox.swf" /><embed src="http://s3.amazonaws.com/fandomeflash/sportsbox.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high" allowfullscreen="true" width="504" height="440" flashvars="file=http://s3.amazonaws.com/lazyjock/101163.flv&overstretch=true&autostart=true&backcolor=0x234463&frontcolor=0xFFFFFF&lightcolor=0xB7B7B7&shuffle=false&enablejs=true&volume=100&logo=http://www.fandome.com/img/watermark.png&link=http://www.fandome.com/watch/101163/Kimbo-Slice-vs-Thompson-Round-1/&linktarget=_blank&linkfromdisplay=true&image=http://s3.amazonaws.com/lazyimg/101163.jpg"></embed></object>

In the second round, Thompson was on top of Kimbo pummeling him, and there was no stoppage. Kimbo wasn't defending himself at all, and just getting his ass beat on. Fast forward to about 4:00, it lasts for almost 2 full minutes, until the bell rings of course.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwQ0u_MJoJA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwQ0u_MJoJA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Then the 3rd round starts, and Kimbo lands 1 punch that blows up the culiflower ear, and they stop it imediately. Bull shit.

A. Who doesn't drain cauliflower ear before a fight, especially to the degree Thompson had it.

And

B. Since when does blood stop a fight? Only when its directly over the eye, and it is restricting vision. I've seen guys fight for 2 rounds with a solid stream of blood running down the side of a guys face. But it wasn't in his eyes., so they fought on.

Some serious bullshit there. And to say that there wasn't a specific multi-million dollar motive behind it. Give me a break.

Kimbo tapped in the first round against Thompson, but they magically "zoomed the camera out" to the farthest away angle in the world, then they cut back to the ring, and some how Kimbo is out of the choke. Fast forward it to about 4:50 or so.

<object width="504" height="440">

<embed src="http://s3.amazonaws.com/fandomeflash/sportsbox.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="file=http://s3.amazonaws.com/lazyjock/101163.flv&overstretch=true&autostart=true&backcolor=0x234463&frontcolor=0xFFFFFF&lightcolor=0xB7B7B7&shuffle=false&enablejs=true&volume=100&logo=http://www.fandome.com/img/watermark.png&link=http://www.fandome.com/watch/101163/Kimbo-Slice-vs-Thompson-Round-1/&linktarget=_blank&linkfromdisplay=true&image=http://s3.amazonaws.com/lazyimg/101163.jpg" width="504" height="440"></object>

In the second round, Thompson was on top of Kimbo pummeling him, and there was no stoppage. Kimbo wasn't defending himself at all, and just getting his ass beat on. Fast forward to about 4:00, it lasts for almost 2 full minutes, until the bell rings of course.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EwQ0u_MJoJA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Then the 3rd round starts, and Kimbo lands 1 punch that blows up the culiflower ear, and they stop it imediately. Bull shit.

A. Who doesn't drain cauliflower ear before a fight, especially to the degree Thompson had it.

And

B. Since when does blood stop a fight? Only when its directly over the eye, and it is restricting vision. I've seen guys fight for 2 rounds with a solid stream of blood running down the side of a guys face. But it wasn't in his eyes., so they fought on.

Some serious bullshit there. And to say that there wasn't a specific multi-million dollar motive behind it. Give me a break.
:shake:

i think that fight was bullshit too but i dont think that was a tap looked like a thumbs up to me

This card is actually shaping up to be fairly decent.

-Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock
-Jake Shields vs. Paul Daley (for EliteXC welterweight title)
-Andrei Arlovski vs. Roy "Big Country" Nelson
-Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobold
-Murilo "Ninja" Rua vs. Benji Radach

I think the Arlovski/Nelson fight should be interesting at least. Carano should walk through Kobold, but the Rua/Radach fight should be decent as well.

This card is actually shaping up to be fairly decent.

-Kimbo Slice vs. Ken Shamrock
-Jake Shields vs. Paul Daley (for EliteXC welterweight title)
-Andrei Arlovski vs. Roy "Big Country" Nelson
-Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobold
-Murilo "Ninja" Rua vs. Benji Radach

I think the Arlovski/Nelson fight should be interesting at least. Carano should walk through Kobold, but the Rua/Radach fight should be decent as well.
Geez Arlovsky is with Elite XC now? I can't keep up with this shit. I thought that Carano was going to fight 'cyborg" That will be a crazy fight.

Elite is realizing they have to make some alliances with the other groups out there. Arlovski is on the card, but still with UFC. Dana White throwing them a bone.

I can't keep it straight anymore. I thought Affliction was the little brother of UFC. Either way he's fighting now.

EliteXC, Affliction collaboration could be prelude to Fedor vs. Kimbo Slice

by Steve Sievert on Sep 25, 2008 at 11:25 am ET
fedor-emelianenko-kimbo-slice.jpg
As a single fight, Andrei Arlovski vs. Roy Nelson on next month's EliteXC "Saturday Night Fights" show on CBS doesn't do a whole lot for me.

If the "Pitbull" version of Arlovski who battered and stopped Ben Rothwell inside three rounds back in July shows up against Nelson, the bout could be over in a hurry, with Arlovski getting his hand raised and the scene shifting quickly to the next bout on the card.

It's what this fight means for the future of EliteXC and Affliction that has me counting the days to Oct. 4. Affliction's willingness to sublease Arlovski and Nelson puts fans a step closer to seeing, perhaps, the biggest fight to be made in mixed martial arts today – Fedor Emelianenko against Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson.

At first blush such a match-up might seem laughable – the world's consensus No. 1 heavyweight versus a guy who's fought in MMA three times against opposition with a combined record of 33 wins and 34 losses – but tell me you haven't thought about it. I'm sure Affliction and EliteXC have. And, getting Arlovski and Nelson into the EliteXC mix on CBS is a move that demonstrates that both organizations are willing to back up the talk about their desire to work with other promotions to make big fights.

Few fights would be bigger than Fedor vs. Slice.

Randy Couture's recent reconciliation with the UFC put speculation about a potential Couture-Emelianenko fight back on the front burner. However, with EliteXC and Affliction forging a partnership, which could even lead to a merger down the road, it becomes more likely that both organizations would work together to keep the UFC from making a buck off of a Couture-Emelianenko fight. Matching Emelianenko and Slice is the best way for EliteXC and Affliction to generate interest in their respective promotions, rack up hundreds of thousands of pay-per-view buys, and kick sand in the face of the UFC.

There is certainly plenty of work to be done to turn Emelianenko into a fighting brand in the States. He's fought here only twice and has little recognition beyond the hardcore MMA fan base. Slice, on the other hand, is as mainstream a fighter as there is in MMA. On paper, the fight might be a skills mismatch, but it's a marketer's dream and would be huge.

After the UFC was unable to come to contract terms with Emelianenko last year, UFC President Dana White started publicly bashing the once-beaten Russian, criticizing the quality of his opponents and saying he wasn't even a top five heavyweight. While money has a way of helping a fighter forget about that type of criticism, I would think Emelianenko and his camp would find great satisfaction from still being able to land a huge payday without having to go through White and the UFC to get it. EliteXC and Slice would deliver such a windfall.

EliteXC and Affliction need to do something dramatic to break the UFC's stranglehold on the MMA market. Collaborating on a national stage on CBS is an intriguing first step, but there's another fight out there that has a whole lot more potential.

EliteXC: Heat"

The final card now includes:

MAIN CARD (CBS)
  • Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. Ken Shamrock
  • Andrei Arlovski vs. Roy Nelson
  • Champ Jake Shields vs. Paul Daley (for EliteXC welterweight title)
  • Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobold-Gavin
  • Benji Radach vs. Murilo "Ninja" Rua
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos vs. Yoko Takahashi (could appear on CBS, time-permitting)
  • Edson Berto vs. Connor Heun
  • Seth Petruzelli vs. Aaron Rosa
  • Lorenzo Borgomeo vs. Mikey Gomez
  • Jorge Bouchat vs. Nicolae Cury
  • David Gomez vs. Brett Jackowski
Kimbo vs. Shamrock looks like it will be the main event. Clearly Arlovski and Nelson are better fighters....but I guess EliteXC is pushing hard for their poster boy Kimbo. And since we're on the subject on Kimbo's fights being fixed or not....I wouldn't put it pass EliteXC if they did. And it's not Kimbo's fault, he's along for the ride, but clearly Arlovski/Nelson should be the headliner. It's shows that -450 odds on Kimbo is looking real good without him having to break a sweat!!!!

I can't wait to watch Kimbo. Win or lose I love watching him fight.

I do too, but I think he loses this fight. I know a lot of the board thinks Kimbo wins this match. Slice is a puncher and will always have a chance, but he can't take it to the ground. If it becomes a ground fight Shamrock wins this fight easily.

Conditioning will play a huge role if Slice does not knock out Shamrock early. All I'm saying is don't be shocked if Kimbo loses.

Back