Killa-BAR Thursday night TNT Collab...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I will let my good friend BDK start this one off...

Sharps vs. Squares tomorrow. We collaborated last year on this same matchup, in this same building, and cashed. All the talk this year is the fall of the mighty Spurs. This is the key to this game. With ONE win on TNT in Phoenix, San Antonio can completely ERASE all the talk of their demise they have been listening to all season. Trust me on that. You win at Phoenix, you are not a team on the decline. So while 33-14 may be a damn good record, it's not up to par with Spurs standards. Half of an entire season can be made up with one single win on national television. This will be hands down San Antonio's most focused game all season. Coming off a loss just sweetens the deal. And we have the B2B which gives us a few more points. Phoenix in the dreaded first game back home spot. Transition defense and perimeter defense will be the name of the game for Pop's boys tomorrow. But honestly all the Xs and Os in this game are secondary, at least for me. This is the Spurs' biggest game of the season thus far, and this is the biggest dog line they've received in maybe years. Spurs will be on a mission tomorrow, and all the squares betting the super-sexy Suns will go down.

Killa pinpointed this one yesterday. Its funny that maybe one of our biggest collab winners ever was on this same matchup last season as he pointed out. This is one of those games for a veteran team like San Antonio where the team shows up and silences critics for a short time. You see many of the older teams that were the favorites a few years ago do this. A Thursday night comparison this year would be Detroit rolling into Dallas and taking it right to the Mavericks who were red hot at the time. This line here tells me that basically the Suns would be favored at San Antonio or at worst a pick. They are damn good but are not there yet. The Spurs will play a more up tempo style than usual w/o getting into a ridiculous pace. This is the kind of game in which Manu and Pahka shine. They will have huge games and Timmay wins the battle with Amare down low no doubt. In what should be a very tight game gimme all them points..

And yes..I love the fact that Spurs lost tonight. It shows where their heads were.

BAR's play: San Antonio +6.5 -110 3 units:cheers: <!-- / message -->

No doubt bro. I know many think that the "invincable" Suns cannot lose two in a row but this is gonna be a doozy going down to last 3 minutes I would say.

Spurs do look like the play... 6.5 is so high though. At 4.5/5 I would be all over San Antonio, but why 6.5 (it's not because of tonight's loss because this 6.5 was out earlier tonight) - San Antonio on B2B, a respectable 6-5 ATS.

Regarding first game back from an extended trip, I'm sure we've seen BetCrimes awesome post which disproves this for 2005-2006, but I wonder what the numbers are for the current season?

I take the first game back situation by situation myself bro...

I use that as a small advantage for Spurs...Suns had 2 days rest...still getting used to the timezone..their bodies get so altered throughout the season.

I will usually look at a line like this and call bullshit as well. This is a different matter. This is a Suns team...who has had some incredible streaks this year and just been awesome at home. If Vegas puts a lower number out we are talking about major Suns action. They put out a number that they hope promotes equal action.

I just think this line is silly...to backup your statement BAR...Noway would in AT&T would it be a PK....

albyman..myself..I played this game at 3:30 today.....thats when I sent Killa a PM or text..can't member and said I played it(we had talked about it Tuesday)...and then wanted to see tonights outcome to know for sure...was prolly gonna keep it either way but def was if they lost tonight.

Nm, I see 6.5 at BetCris but I don't use that book. 6 at Greek and VIP. Should I grab the 6 or wait till morning. Any chance that line moves to 6.5?

alby....suns is the square pick..me thinks that spurs are semi sharp morrow and we see a 5.5 at some point

GL on yer TNT play.

Bar, when are you going to make a callob play with Fond???????

We kinda did..lol..wisky Bowl game ;) I gave that to him first tho:cheers:

Once the CBB is over...Fondy will have like a week b4 bases to concentrate on NBA wholeheartedly

I have been playing NCAA more and have ignored NBA...but I check the lines to see what has been going on...and this lkine just looked stupid...thought there migfht be an injury I do not know about...but maybe its just perception....in years past when Phx played @ AT&T, they were a 5.5-6pt dog.....

I think when talking so called elite teams you have to realize HCA is not 3 points. First HCA is hypothetical. If the Spurs were equal to the Suns which they are not this game would be -3.5 or -4. I think Suns are the best team in the league probably -1 or -1.5 vs Dallas on a neutral court. I think SA is a tad below these teams...neutral court I would say Pho is -2 or -2.5 vs Spurs..so in SA at most I would expect to be is -2. I dont think its suprising to see a 6 number here...little suprised at 6.5 but not real shocked.....I expected -5 or -5.5 ...

Spurs dont have much going for them at the moment and there play away vs quality team is slacking. If your comparing the Spurs to someone Pho has recently played its Minny or Cleveland...which Pho Suns were -5 against and Spurs could not defeat either. I think SA is something like -1.5 better then Cle and -2 or -2.5 vs Wolves...

Going be interesting to see how this line takes shape. I really like Pho here so hoping it drops....Suns have revenge big time here...BOL

I think 6.5 means +1.5 in SA and well Suns were +2.5 in Dallas.... seems to all tie in. The Spurs are in decline and the ones who are overrated. There ATS record says so. Its possible there were looking ahead but then what was the excuse for Sunday? Didnt they already lose in LAL?

"invincable"

Well barmaid, I don't know the SUNS being in-vin-cable. But I think they are invincible.

Good write-up with the Burger King guy. You both should team up for screenwriting. I love the “focused and win-it-all” motivation of the down but not forgotten underdogs. Great Hollywood stuff!

Problem is: These guys are beat. They struggled winning against the Lakers. They struggled against the Jazz. I don’t think they were watching TV in their minds when they played tonight in Utah. They’re playing at max potential. And they are fading my friends.

Still think the SUNS win. Not sexy just smart.

You guys should write some more collaborative stories. They’re great reading!

Well barmaid, I don't know the SUNS being in-vin-cable. But I think they are invincible.

Good write-up with the Burger King guy. You both should team up for screenwriting. I love the “focused and win-it-all” motivation of the down but not forgotten underdogs. Great Hollywood stuff!

Problem is: These guys are beat. They struggled winning against the Lakers. They struggled against the Jazz. I don’t think they were watching TV in their minds when they played tonight in Utah. They’re playing at max potential. And they are fading my friends.

Still think the SUNS win. Not sexy just smart.

You guys should write some more collaborative stories. They’re great reading!

your very confident seeing as how the game has not started yet...good luck

I think the suns are overrated...21 of the 36 wins that the Suns have were against Eastern conference teams. Suns benefited from playing against mediocore teams. SA will show up and play at the big games when they need to. Also, SA has owned the suns in which they are 8-2 su. THE two times that SA lost to phx, they only lost both times by 5.

Ima roll with BAR-KILLA train. let's cash this play:cheers:
5.5 units to win 5 units'an_horse'

hope you guys cash in with my Spurs tonight, might be on that train myself. Rough spot for them but that's where heroes are made anyways. A statement game for both teams the way I see it, points could end up the winner.

:shake: :cheers:

Spurs have played very flat lately. Only thing I like about this bet is maybe highest points on SAS as dog and yesterday lost vs Utah. Fact is that teams like Detroit or San Antonio lack motivation during regular season and live only for such matchups. May think about it if +6.5 isnt just fair or if there is some real value. Good luck.

Spurs have played very flat lately. Only thing I like about this bet is maybe highest points on SAS as dog and yesterday lost vs Utah. Fact is that teams like Detroit or San Antonio lack motivation during regular season and live only for such matchups. May think about it if +6.5 isnt just fair or if there is some real value. Good luck.

Exactly

It's painted six right now brother. I couldn't agree with you more about the situation; in fact, I bet Utah in the 2nd half plus the points last night, figuring they were going to try to win it much more than the Spurs, and considering I was getting 5 for the game at that point, I loved that spot.

I am going to sit it out in hopes it will go up. As you well know the key numbers are five and seven. I will not take 6 or 6.5 without waiting out a seven. If I see it start to go to 5.5 then I will get involved because I don't want to miss that and get stuck with five. But I think this line goes up early, back to at least 6.5.... Then I will decide whether to buy to seven or not. Surprised you're taking 6.5 here when you can get the 7 for -120 (I know you know that half-point is worth more than 10 cents)...

Get your ass on the messenger if you want to talk ball anytime before 2 today; I'm going for a quick-hitter to the beach and try to do a bit of surfing before tomorrow's root canal...

GL!

It's painted six right now brother. I couldn't agree with you more about the situation; in fact, I bet Utah in the 2nd half plus the points last night, figuring they were going to try to win it much more than the Spurs, and considering I was getting 5 for the game at that point, I loved that spot.

I am going to sit it out in hopes it will go up. As you well know the key numbers are five and seven. I will not take 6 or 6.5 without waiting out a seven. If I see it start to go to 5.5 then I will get involved because I don't want to miss that and get stuck with five. But I think this line goes up early, back to at least 6.5.... Then I will decide whether to buy to seven or not. Surprised you're taking 6.5 here when you can get the 7 for -120 (I know you know that half-point is worth more than 10 cents)...

Get your ass on the messenger if you want to talk ball anytime before 2 today; I'm going for a quick-hitter to the beach and try to do a bit of surfing before tomorrow's root canal...

GL!

Rex...I would usually wait it out but don't see a 7 popping up. Just see heavier Spurs money weighing it down where it is. We'll see. I woulda bought it for years but figure now that with no reduced juice for time being I need to cut some corners..lol

I'll get atcha after breakfast:cheers:

Hey bro - just a word for the wise... Some of the numbers I'm looking at that the early pros (Spiro) follow say 6.5 and 7 here - so I am "fairly certain" (wink) that it "SHOULD" go up some early this morning. Just gotta turn my Don Best LineSeeker on and stay awake for the 6.5's hahaha...

I think 6.5 means +1.5 in SA and well Suns were +2.5 in Dallas.... seems to all tie in. The Spurs are in decline and the ones who are overrated. There ATS record says so. Its possible there were looking ahead but then what was the excuse for Sunday? Didnt they already lose in LAL?

What do you mean what was the excuse on Sunday? They won that game.

get your ass on the messenger he told you well :D ;).

CKR, surfing? wow :D. It's -4 degrees here...just chillin :D.

Good luck tonight fellas - I like the over for this game. I think SAS will turn it up a notch and the game should be very competitive for a regular season matchup.

The Fakers are a very medicore Western team and not playing well. Spurs played horribly versus them. They didnt win that game LAL lost it. There is a huge difference bewteen the two. The Lakers missed 13FT's (18 of 31) , blew a 10 pt 4th quarter lead which was still 9pts with 5mins to go , Spurs shot season low 33.7% and Vlad hit a hit three with one sec left for that win.

The Spurs were quoted as saying they couldnt hit a shot well guess what the same held true outside of Parker last nite.

We played a great game," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "We competed with a good team and we carried the day. We probably carried the lead for 45 minutes in that game. That's the way to play -- we just didn't finish it the right way."

Which was against a team that went to SA house and won. There was nothing impressive about SA winning in LA a placed they had already lost this season .

If anyone thinks the Suns got fat on bad teams did they even look at SA schedule?? Spurs were 9-7 in Jan.

9 Wins : Memphis home & away , Portland (H) , Denver (A) no Melo , Wash (H) , NO (H) , then @ Boston , Philly and LAL.

7 Losses: They lost @ Cle , @ Minny , @ Chi , @ Utah , while Dal , Hou , and LAL went to SA and won.

The point is thats pure fantasy to believe SA and DET dont care about he regular season. In there golden days there goal was not great reg seaon play it was postseason. These teams arent the same teams. They just are not as good as they used to be in both cases. You dont have players questioning teammates if there isnt concern. The talent and experience they have makes it possible they may be able to turn it up in the playoffs but its not likely.

I think this line is high at 6.5 but dont think anything your saying holds true for SA. The are simple a team who is fading. They have one player on the incline and its Tony Parker. Everyone else is losing a lil something. The Spurs have lost 5 times at home laying 8 or better..

With Kurt Thomas healthy I would lay -6 but lil concerened about rebounding here. You have teams going in opposite directions at the moment. Spurs backers will get aided by the perception of SA losing last nite which was not a suprise to me .

Just think you may get this cause the line is shaded high by 1 point but would really be shocked if SA could win this game. Det rolling into Dal was different cause that line was absurd in the 8 range. Pistons were starting to lay better ball I believe just before that, not the same situation here.

Wish you guys Luck! May sit this out.....

Actually Det had won 8 straight lost that Sunday game in Char whne the whole world thought they were ez , went home played Portland lost SU as 10 pt favs then rolled into play a HOT Dallas team who was like 13-1 last 14 and caught 7.5 or 8 points and won SU....dont think its the same type situation cause SA isnt playing all that well and Pho is off a loss and choked vs SA early on ....

SportsNut, that's a very good post there. And I agree that the Spurs haven't got nearly as much to offer this season as the Suns have, and 7 January losses alone can testify that. However, I don't think the general direction of this team has to be a bad one. These guys aren't that old. It's not like they still have Kevin Willis or Moses Malone on the roster. They're not that young either, but they are still one of the main title candidates at this point.
I would however say that both Phoenix and Dallas are a notch above them at the moment. That might change as you never know how many tricks does a defensive team like SA have up their sleeves. Popovich isn't a read book I'm sure.

At the moment they look to be on the slide but you know as well as I do that a few wins can change that whole direction, from a downward spiral to an uptrend in a week. Shooting like they did against LAL or Utah surely won't get the job done but I expect them to improve on that tonight, big time.

Perhaps they won't win this one but a close game should be in order if you ask me.

:shake:

I think you right Satyr. My point though is you have a list of past your prime guys in SA.

Duncan is the odd one though after avg 23+ and 12+ boards for 5 seasons last 3 have seen declines in both areas. His shots per has dropped 1 0r 2 shots but so has his FT attempts. I think a few years ago Duncan was a perennial MVP type where as now thats not the case. They need him to be. You have Finley , Barry , Bowen and Horry in the 34-37 range. WHich is not old but in the NBA players do decline at that 33, 34 age group. Its ridiculous amount of wear on your legs.

Horry has mastered the role player role. Not sure Barry has but this is his best season in SA. His has only scored 7 , 6 and now 8 pts in his 3 years in SA , Finley peaked in 99-00 but has dropped every season since. Really all he offers is a jump shooter at this point. Basically playing at career lows right now . Ginoboli has been moved to the bench to spark the offense. Really he has done what he has since he came into the league. Not be consistent but offers flashes of brillance.

The way I see it Tony Parker is quietly becoming a superstar and the go to guy on SA.

They could bounce back up but I just dont see it now...they looked tired on the glass late last nite as well...Millsap abused them...

square pick 'an_horse'

<TABLE class=Grid id=ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gridMain_gridMain style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 rules=all border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" align=left><NOBR>
</NOBR></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" align=left><NOBR>2/1 </NOBR>
<NOBR>10:35P </NOBR>
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" align=left><NOBR>503 San Antonio Spurs
504 Phoenix Suns
</NOBR>
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" align=middle>3712 </TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccff66; TEXT-ALIGN: center">35%
65%
</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccff66; TEXT-ALIGN: center">n/a

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

are you fucking high??!

Back