Kiffin's Gettin the Axe Today...

Watching this news conference, Al Davis is bringing up some good points. but every story has 2 sides. it'll be interesting to hear what kiffen has to say. either way, this is a mess. I highly doubt that anybody with big time experience will come to Oakland. We're gonna have to hire assistants to run this team.

How bout Bill Cowher to Oakland? hahaha, i doubt it too.

Davis puts Kiffin on blast for not calling T.O's in the Buff game. That shit pissed me off so much

Davis even makes fun of that stupid ass 75 yd fg lol

Dude Kiffin dont deserve to get payed fuck him.

Where have you ever seen somebody get fired and not get paid in sports? It just doesn't happen. And him interviewing for other spots after he gets hired, it happens all the time. Look at what Saban did. I say just fire him and pay him to go like any other franchise would do.

Watching this news conference, Al Davis is bringing up some good points. but every story has 2 sides. it'll be interesting to hear what kiffen has to say. either way, this is a mess. I highly doubt that anybody with big time experience will come to Oakland. We're gonna have to hire assistants to run this team.

How bout Bill Cowher to Oakland? hahaha, i doubt it too.

who the fuck cares who the coach is right now

Cable gonna rally the troops watch

The team didnt like Kiffin.

didnt u see last week when they asked Russell do you feel sorry for lane ?

He was like feel sorry for lane ? I feel sorry for myself.

The team didnt like him

stfu dude is better most owners in the NFL dude gets a bad rap from the media, Lane Kiffin was trying to make it worse for the media by making up all kinds of BS.

Come on man, you cant actually believe that

he ran the franchise into the ground...its a complete mess and its all his fault

now its his team and he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it, but to claim hes a good owner at this point and the media makes him out not to be is patently absurd

the media hasnt fired 4 coaches in 5 years

the media hasnt played like one of the worst 3 teams in the NFL since they made the Super Bowl

the media hasnt made ridiculous free agent signings like Javon Walker

Al Davis is nothing short of terrible when it comes to the success of that team

dude didnt u watch Kiffin was the one that wanted Walkers and Hall.

The only played AL pushed for this offseason was Gibril Wilson.

Kiffin also traded Moss for a damn 4th rd pick. AL wanted to hold onto him and would have got something better but Lane made it clear he didnt want him.

I could care less what people think of AL cuz media makes it seem like he;s some monster he just like Jerry Jones or any other hands on owner is.

who the fuck cares who the coach is right now

Cable gonna rally the troops watch

The team didnt like Kiffin.

didnt u see last week when they asked Russell do you feel sorry for lane ?

He was like feel sorry for lane ? I feel sorry for myself.

The team didnt like him

Russell didn't like him because as Al Davis said earlier, Kiffen didn't want to draft him. But yeah, i know what your saying. It looks like some of the team really didn't care about him. Either way, pay him if your gonna fire him.

bout damn time this fucker is gone.

Cant wait till he gets another job just to show people how much of a shitty Head Coach he really is.

Anchor my ass

Every1 loves to Hate AL its all good.

How cant you blame him at this point. I dont hate Al and I get the feeling neither does the media, they just dont think he knows how to run a team anymore

If there have been so many headcoaches that just havent worked out isnt it time to look at him and say its his fault. Even if its not his fault and it was the coaches fault, hes the one who hired the coaches so its still his fault. If the defense is the ones blowing the game, shouldnt Ryan be the one at fault? The offense after the first game seemed to be playing well enough. Just how I see it

Its like getting fronted a P then deciding half way through it, that you wanna give the rest back but only pay a prorated amount for what you already flipped. Then expect to live or stay in business

Raiders are just rebulding AL hasnt had to do this.

We had a superbowl caliber team when Gannon was the QB after that it went to hell.

Every fuckin team has to go thru a rebuliding stage.

Raiders are almost gonna turn the corner all they need is the right HC and Russell to keep progressing.

I think the team has potential and good be really good and even maybe win the AFC West (admit the chances are dim this year). I wont hold the Idaho job against him because im sure recruiting at Idaho isnt exactly recruiting at USC. I just think rebuilding takes a few years. Its been 6 years now. I compare the Raiders to the Pirates right now with how its being managed...sorry.

Wouldn't you like to see a guy like Bill Cowher be the head coach of the Raiders? Somebody who will command respect and get the most out of his players. Well with the coaching carousel (sp) that goes around here, we'll never have it. And the only way we can get that is for Al Davis to let the head coach run the team. Let him hire his D coordinator, draft his picks, and have full control. Until that happens, we'll be mediocre at best.

Wouldn't you like to see a guy like Bill Cowher be the head coach of the Raiders? Somebody who will command respect and get the most out of his players. Well with the coaching carousel (sp) that goes around here, we'll never have it. And the only way we can get that is for Al Davis to let the head coach run the team. Let him hire his D coordinator, draft his picks, and have full control. Until that happens, we'll be mediocre at best.

It would blow my mind if Cowher even considered going to the Raiders. Best chance that the Raiders have is striking gold with someone that no one really knows about. I cant see Cowher going from the Rooney's who are laid back, let the coaches and GM's run the team and only write the checks, to Al Davis who controls everything. Even if he Davis goes ok, you can run the team however you want. Would he really allow that. If there was a hint at a problem wouldnt he jump in and make suggestions. Bill Cowher needs to run the team and he cant get that in Oakland.

Yeah i agree with you alex and you help prove my point. No coach with real experience, superbowl experience as with Cowhyer, would even think about coming here. They don't want to work for someone who won't let them do their thing.

Wow Kiffin about to come on Sportscenter. After today I'm starting to think Kiffin wasnt as innocent as hes made out to be. But I still think Davis is more at fault, curious to see what he says

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1071692 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 0px solid" width=175>Throwback420<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1071692", true); </SCRIPT>
Diehard L.A. fan

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1071692 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid">
user_offline.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:36_11_6:

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1071692 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 0px solid" width=175>Throwback420<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1071692", true); </SCRIPT>
Diehard L.A. fan

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1071692 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<!-- / message -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid">
user_offline.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:36_11_6:

what so funny dude ? Ive liked Cable for a while he;s a good damn coach he deserved a shot. :shake:

Here is the text of a letter provided by the Oakland Raiders that owner Al Davis said he gave to Lane Kiffin on Sept. 12, telling him that if he violated terms of his contract he would be fired for cause:
September 12, 2008
By Hand Delivery and Federal Express

Dear Lane:

Over the past months, you have made a number of public statements that were highly critical of, and designed to embarrass and discredit, this organization, its players and its coaches. I left you alone during training camp in hopes that you would cease your immature and destructive campaign.

However, you continue to make public statements that are critical of the organization, its players as whole as well as individual players. Such statements constitute conduct detrimental to the Raiders and I will no longer stand silently by while you continue to hurt this organization.
Further, your contract is quite clear that you work "subject to the direction and supervision of the General Partner" and that the General Partner has "the exclusive right to do all things, which in its sole discretion are necessary to maintain and improve the Club, the football organization and their activities."
I realized when I hired you that you were young and inexperienced and that there would be a learning process for you. Your mistakes on player personnel and coaches were overlooked based on our patience with you.

But I never dreamt that you would be untruthful in statements to the press as well as on so many other issues. Your actions are those of a coach looking to makes (sic) excuses for not winning, rather than a coach focused on winning.

For example, with the exception of Gibril Wilson, you were involved in recruiting all free agents and determining salaries for them and you were explicit about your desire to sign Javon Walker and DeAngelo Hall amongst others. All were a must to sign in your eyes, Hall, in particular, because he played for Greg Knapp in Atlanta and Knapp gave him high grades. Do not run from that now.

I do realize that you did not want us to draft JaMarcus Russell. He is a great player. Get over it and coach this team on the field, that is what you were hired to do. We can win with this team!

In regards to your recent fabrications about the defense, during the final cuts you made every cut on offense and every cut on defense except for (Fred) Wakefield on defense and (Seth) Wand on offense.

Furthermore, during the game Monday night (defensive coordinator) Rob (Ryan) played your Cover-2 defense and we got killed on an approximately 50-yard touchdown pass and an approximately 70-yard gain that led to a field goal.

You meet every week with the defensive coaches to go over both the past game and to get a general feel for what will happen during the week in practice. You have the ability and authority to provide your input during those meetings and the preparation of the game plan. I do not have weekly meetings with Rob — you do.

During the week no one has ever told you what to do on either offense or defense. In addition, no one has ever told you during a game what to do on either offense or defense and you call every play on offense. During a game if you want to blitz more, all you have to do is let Rob know what blitz you want and he will do it.

Although you continue to use the media to express your dissatisfaction with others, no one has publicly pointed out to you that in four preseason games and one regular-season game played this year, your offense has scored one first-half touchdown. That put tremendous pressure on the defense.

I know that you wanted to bring your father in to run the defense and that Monte told me that he wanted to come here even though he as (sic) under contract to Tampa. However I did not want to tamper with another team. In any event that was over seven months ago. Do not now also run from the defense and your responsibilities.
This letter constitutes notice that if you further violate any term of your contract, in any manner whatsoever, you will be terminated for cause. I trust that this will not occur.

Lane Kiffin appeared on ESPN after Al Davis' press conferences wrapped up and said it was "painful" to listen to the accusations the Raiders owner leveled at him.
"There's no way I can start to respond to all the accusations," he said." "I was embarrassed to watch that."

Kiffin said he requested to meet with the team after being fired this morning, but the Raiders would not allow it.
He said earlier he will have a news conference tomorrow to tell his side of the story.

-- On his interaction with Kiffin:

The owner said he spoke with Kiffin the night of the Buffalo game in Week 3, despite the coach's comment the next day that he had not spoken with Davis since before the season opener. "It started to go where it was tough to believe anything that was being said," Davis said.

-- On why he made the change:

"I felt the whole staff was fractionalized. The best thing to do to get this thing back was to make a change. It hurts because I picked the guy. I picked the wrong guy."

-- Why didn't he fire Kiffin in the offseason?
Davis said he "wanted to make it work."

"I didn't think I could lose more with Lane but I didn't think we could win anymore ... it had nothing to do with winning, it had to do with personalities."

-- Was Kiffin daring Davis to fire him?
"It's a good question. I don't know what he was doing, but he got me to fire him."

-- On reports that he sent Kiffin a resignation letter in the offseason:
Davis said it never happened, despite many news outlets reporting as fact. Instead, he said the team and Kiffin's lawyer worked out an agreement in which the team would not stop the coach from seeking a new job.

Davis alleged that Kiffin wanted the University of Arkansas head coaching job that went to former Falcons coach Bobby Petrino.

"He was after a job in college that he didn't get," the owner said.

The owner said Petrino took the Arkansas job with three games left in the Falcons season in order to beat Kiffin to it.

Davis told Kiffin he would let him go after the season if the coach would resign. They worked out a document that said Kiffin would quit, get no more pay and then the team would not prevent him from seeking a new job.

-- On Kiffin's relationship with ESPN's Chris Mortensen
Davis said Kiffin fed information with Mortensen and called the reporter "a professional liar."

Davis said he was not interviewing three Raiders coaches for the head coaching job on Monday night, despite Mortensen reporting that. He intimated that Kiffin was the source for the story.

-- On Kiffin's relationship with ESPN's Chris Mortensen
Davis said Kiffin fed information with Mortensen and called the reporter "a professional liar."

Davis said he was not interviewing three Raiders coaches for the head coaching job on Monday night, despite Mortensen reporting that. He intimated that Kiffin was the source for the story

More people need to be doing this. Mort has never gotten anything right. Chad johnson should call him out also among other people

Back