Kevin Love...

They are good but they caught the Cavs in a bad spot,

I'm sure if the roles were reversed the Cavs would have laid a decent beating or at the very least won.

Dubs and Spurs have the best team chemistries in the league, Thunder is slowly getting it.

Cavs lack it and there-in lies the problem.

They win against the lesser teams on talent alone but it's a glaring issue against the top teams.

Is there even a role for Kevin Love, or should he just retire?

Yes and no. It's one game, Cavs will come out of the east, they just finished a 5-1 road trip, they're on something like a 15-4 run, finally healthy. All true. But they're kind of at a point where they can only be measured against two teams, and they're 0-3 in those games this year. And that clunker on Monday was historically bad. Think I read it was the worst in-game deficit in Bron's career (43 points) and the worst home loss in franchise history, for a team with a pretty ugly history.

They don't need to overreact, but they need to react, or they'll get run off the floor. Blatt/Bron need to tinker with the line-ups and rotations, Cavs probably need a trade. They can't chase those Warriors all around the floor, they'll get smoked again.

Side note, good god is Golden State good.

Im referring to the average fan and every single media outlet. The Cavs came out super flat and their heads wasn't there. They took the first punch and it just snowballed. The Cavs are obviously not that bad.

Depends on Kevin Love and David Blatt in Cleveland.

There are plenty of teams that Love would excel on outside of the Cavs.

Belongs in a pick and pop offense. Love and Paul George would have made a nice combo if he wanted to remain out East.

My biggest disappointment with Blatt is I kind of pictured the ball moving like Golden State and San Antonio. This was a sight unseen vision, I had never heard of the guy. And maybe it's not his fault, but to me, the offense usually looks like the first Lebron era. He's just got better players around him now. He may have the great basketball IQ, as everyone including Lebron likes to say, and he's an unbelievable passer, but his teammates are still standing around.

Blatt's problem is that despite the confidence by the management of the Cavs, he struggles with LeBron. He visioned Princeton offense as the main system of the team, but Bron came and forced him to change the system, forcing Blatt to play the ugly iso offense that Bron is so much in love with for some reason.
Bron fails to understand that he shouldn't try to do everything by himself only...
I know I'm the only person on the forum that thinks that, but I honestly believe that Cleveland would have done much better, if they stayed with Wiggins and said no to LeBron's comeback.
Blatt would have built this team slowly and I wouldn't have been surprised if they would have made it to the playoffs last year, without any pressure on Blatt and just build the team around Kyrie, who is the best player in Cleveland anyway.
I honestly believe that with Blatt and Kyrie, this would have been a contending team in 3 - 4 seasons...

LeBron greedy.

Think it will be the end of Blatt if they don't win it all this season.

Cleveland faithful and the talking shitheads at ESPN will be calling for his head.

Since this has merged into a pile-on-the-Cavs thread, and I don't disagree ... Lebron's FT shooting is a fucking problem. He gets fouled pretty much whenever he drives, gets at least half those calls, he should hit more of those FT shots. My daughter and I watch closely, we pretty much hope he hits one of two if it's late and important. Think it's cost the Cavs more than a game or two. Free throw line is his kryptonite.

And they will be right. I'm a big fan of Blatt, but Cleveland is built to win now. They won't get rid of LeBron, so if this team will fail to win it all this season, they are correct to try and find someone else, that will have better communication with LeBron and bring more out of this talent.
I just hope, if this will be the scenario, Blatt will be given a real chance in the league, training a young and good team that is willing to learn. I honestly believe he can do a great job on such a team.

And they will be right. I'm a big fan of Blatt, but Cleveland is built to win now. They won't get rid of LeBron, so if this team will fail to win it all this season, they are correct to try and find someone else, that will have better communication with LeBron and bring more out of this talent.
I just hope, if this will be the scenario, Blatt will be given a real chance in the league, training a young and good team that is willing to learn. I honestly believe he can do a great job on such a team.

Yeah, it was an arranged marriage. Blatt and Bron don't fit, I kind of put it on Bron to acquiesce in the short term. Bron doesn't have much of a term left as an alpha dog.

I'm btw, 99% sure that if Heat had lost to the Thunder in the Finals in 2013, Spoelstra would have been fired as well...

Since this has merged into a pile-on-the-Cavs thread, and I don't disagree ... Lebron's FT shooting is a fucking problem. He gets fouled pretty much whenever he drives, gets at least half those calls, he should hit more of those FT shots. My daughter and I watch closely, we pretty much hope he hits one of two if it's late and important. Think it's cost the Cavs more than a game or two. Free throw line is his kryptonite.

72% on the season not that bad, what pisses me off is when the spread is on the line at the end of the game he misses his FT's more often than not.

Dude was at his best on the stripe during his Heat years.

Still, would expect the game's 2nd coming to at least be an 80+% FT shooter.

Back