Kentucky Downs/Belmont Fall Championship Meet/Road To The Cup

Through the first two days and twenty races at Kentucky Downs, post time favorites are only 5 for 20 and 11 of 20 post time fav have been out of the triple

I'm watching CTG's own YG at Canterbury and agree with him that #4 is the speed in R3, made a Win bet

Anyone who is playing always welcome for a shout out, I am down to rep CTG wherever I go. Glad we made some money tonight! hit that late pick 4 and pick 5! Cash it

Kentucky Downs R1: DD #5/4, small DD #6/4

R1: #5 Ramsey/Maker , has two good races at long distances so 1 5/16's shouldn't be a problem, Maker always dangerous with turf stretchouts.

R2: #4 is the speed and winner from last came back to win 6F turf sprint at Belmont yesterday.

Irish Champion Stakes @ Leopardstown
just a couple small win bets to watch the race
R7
Win #3 New Bay, currently 7-1
Win #11 Hawkbill, currently 17-1

KD R4 #3 ran a big 2nd at 28-1 but couldn't get up in time on a speed favoring turf course vs a speed wire to wire winner

Rain moving in at KD prior to R7, I guess it's only supposed to last for a half hour or so, let's see. If nothing else it should help this turf course as it as seemed in need of some water three days into meet.

I'll take that result in R8 at KD as we beat the favorite and runners out of the Beverly D run 1-2. I thought last was a thow out for #7 after breaking poorly in G1 but had to use it the way turf has been playing. You really need to be close for stretch run and most leaders have been close to impossible to pass mid to deep stretch.

Smaller of the two pk4's hits but I'll take it. Gearing up for Sun NFL and Kentucky Downs (day 4 of 5 day meet)

Any thoughts on how the 4th at Belmont was run? Mott wasn't pleased with the ride Rosario gave, felt once he broke well he should have kept on with him. Then there were a few opportunities to go with a big hole in front and he just kept holding him. I have to watch the replay to see myself didn't know if you had a chance to.

Any thoughts on how the 4th at Belmont was run? Mott wasn't pleased with the ride Rosario gave, felt once he broke well he should have kept on with him. Then there were a few opportunities to go with a big hole in front and he just kept holding him. I have to watch the replay to see myself didn't know if you had a chance to.
after just watching the replay I can totally see where Mott is coming from, Rosario actually broke sharp and could've been on lead (or good position ) but opted to take back, steady/check/shuffle and lost what should have been great position, then raced in between and likely never confortable and that left him to be boxed in traffic entering turn and boxed thru turn....was left to run at end when it was too late as 1st flight was 2nd,3rd,4th.....he totally left himself in a horrible spot by not taking advantage of a sharp break

Sunday 9/11 Kentucky Downs

R1: #4 Joust will be tough to beat off troubled trip debut vs good looking repeat winner Coasted, who I have as a contender for BC JUV Filly Turf, goes 2nd out here off Spa debut and Clement is 2 for 2 at meet with both winners coming out of Spa turf races. #1 is also 2nd time starter, 2YO Hansen filly goes out for Maker and will try the grass for the first time and gets the services of Geroux. Ellis Park shippers have done great at this meet, as well as Ellis shippers coming out of dirt races.

after just watching the replay I can totally see where Mott is coming from, Rosario actually broke sharp and could've been on lead (or good position ) but opted to take back, steady/check/shuffle and lost what should have been great position, then raced in between and likely never confortable and that left him to be boxed in traffic entering turn and boxed thru turn....was left to run at end when it was too late as 1st flight was 2nd,3rd,4th.....he totally left himself in a horrible spot by not taking advantage of a sharp break

:shake:

Bel R2: Win #3

Pletcher - 6 for 16 38% $3.83 ROI with 2YO maidens making 2nd start while switching from turf to dirt last 5 years

KD R4 and Bel R7 both short price winners but I'll take em

KD R6 DD #5,9/2,7,12 and pk3 #5,9/2,7,12/5,6,7

Working on this 9/15 Kentucky Downs card

R1: #1 goes off the claim for Ramsey/Maker/Geroux

R2: #7 Maker (who looks like is setup for a big day) 2nd time starter but 1st turf, probably won't get that 8-1 ml
#8 troubled trip 2nd first time out vs easy wire to wire winner - didn't break sharp then made a very nice wide run in stretch, should improve off that debut.

R3: #5 quick turn around (9/3) for sharp barn, was boxed on the inside in last while 1st and 2nd place finishers had clear run through stretch on the outside
#4 Maker 12-1 ml
#9 looks to be the speed
#7 ?

Back