Kentucky and South Florida are in for major falls..

gridironguy

Pretty much a regular
I'm saying all of this on October 3rd, so let's see in 8 weeks how these predictions look:

Kentucky is in the Top 10, yet they've beaten an overrated Louisville team, and an Arkansas team that is down from last season. Kentucky has upcoming games at S. Carolina, vs. LSU, vs. Florida, @ Vandy, @ Georgia, and vs. Tennessee.

I'll say they lose at least 4 of those games and finish 8-4 at best.

South Florida is also in he Top 10, but they also have had the breaks. They were +5 in to's at Auburn, and WVA lost Pat White in the 2nd quarter last week yet USF only won by 8 pts. They have upcoming games vs. UCF, @ Rutgers, @ UCONN, vs. Cincinnati, vs. Louisville. UCONN and Louisville are nothing special, but they are capable of beating USF.

I predict that USF goes 9-3 at best.

Both of these teams are ranked in the Top 10 as I type this, but they are both in for a major fall in the next several weeks. They are both overrated.

Oh yeah, and look for 5-0 UCONN to come back to earth when they play the meat of their schedule over their next 7 games. I predict that UCONN goes 7-5 and does not sniff the Top 25.

Kentucky will lose no more than 3 games, and S. Florida will lose no more than 2. I personally think the only 2 games that Kentucy will lose is against LSU and Florida, and they are more than capable of winning the other games. South Florida will probably lose on the road at Rutgers, and possibly one of the two against Cincy and Louisville. They will not lose to UCONN. Sure, neither team is going to run the table (Although S. Fla has a chance), but I also dont think that either one of them is in for the big fall that you are projecting either.

kentucky losing 3-4 of those games is certainly realistic while it truly would be a debacle for south florida to lose 3 of their remaining games. you mentioned the ville and uconn being over rated, what about ucf, rutgers and cincy...who have they beat???

kentucky losing 3-4 of those games is certainly realistic while it truly would be a debacle for south florida to lose 3 of their remaining games. you mentioned the ville and uconn being over rated, what about ucf, rutgers and cincy...who have they beat???

i agree, UCF, Rutgers, and Cincy, have not played anyone, but they are not ranked in the Top 10 so they are not being overrated by the foolish media and uninformed coaches who vote!

I personally think the only 2 games that Kentucy will lose is against LSU and Florida, and they are more than capable of winning the other games.

So you must love the fact that Kentucky is getting pts at S. Carolina tomorrow night, right?

I'm saying all of this on October 3rd, so let's see in 8 weeks how these predictions look:

Kentucky is in the Top 10, yet they've beaten an overrated Louisville team, and an Arkansas team that is down from last season. Kentucky has upcoming games at S. Carolina, vs. LSU, vs. Florida, @ Vandy, @ Georgia, and vs. Tennessee.

I'll say they lose at least 4 of those games and finish 8-4 at best.

South Florida is also in he Top 10, but they also have had the breaks. They were +5 in to's at Auburn, and WVA lost Pat White in the 2nd quarter last week yet USF only won by 8 pts. They have upcoming games vs. UCF, @ Rutgers, @ UCONN, vs. Cincinnati, vs. Louisville. UCONN and Louisville are nothing special, but they are capable of beating USF.

I predict that USF goes 9-3 at best.

Both of these teams are ranked in the Top 10 as I type this, but they are both in for a major fall in the next several weeks. They are both overrated.

Oh yeah, and look for 5-0 UCONN to come back to earth when they play the meat of their schedule over their next 7 games. I predict that UCONN goes 7-5 and does not sniff the Top 25.

I don't agree at all. If you look at the stats the last two years vs. WVU, USF dominated them with and without White. To be honest with you even if White had stayed in the game USF still would've won. Their defense is very underrated and I say this because all I hear is how White and the WVU offense is unstoppable. Well USF has done it for TWO years in a row. Now I will agree that the offense has some work to do. Grothe didn't have his best game and the play calling was a little suspect when USF got up 14-0. USF let WVU hang around when they had an opportunity to put the game away early. As far as the Auburn game, again their defense is being underrated when they had 5 turnovers which should equate to a win at any level. USF still has some work to do but Rutgers isn't the same team as last year, Louisville has no defense and they are at USF, UCONN will be a tough game seeing as it's on the road and UCONN always plays USF tough. The toughest test will be against CIN. Cin has a solid defense and can move the ball. The good thing is that we have CIN at home where the Bulls have played well since their existence. I would have to say running the table will be difficult but not out of the question. One loss is definately possible. Two losses won't happen. Leavitt is too good a coach to let that happen. I don't believe USF deserves a #6 ranking but defintely belong around #9 or #10. No comment on Kentucky. Just my opinion.

All I can say is wow....another person who is blinded by the fact that there is no way UK can be this good. If UK loses on Thursday they may just go into freefall but a win tomorrow night and they are staring at 10-2 or 11-1.
SC- will be the turning point game but I expect a UK win.
LSU- Ok I will give you a loss here but not ready to just concede it, they can be beaten
FL- There season will be done at this point and the formula will be evident on how to beat this team by then, Cats take this one
Vandy- No way
UGA- Always tough between the hedges and a revenge game for the Dawgs could be tough to escape w/ a win
Tenn- Another team that will be .500 and UK will steamroll

I would put up good money to say UK doesn't go down the stretch and finish 3-4.

I think UK loses tomorrow but if they do lose, I don't think SC should be #8 in the country or anything. I think the rankings this yr suck and basically outside of maybe 3-4teams, its a toss up where you could rank the rest of them. I think both teams are overrated, UK at #8 and SC at #11

LSU- Ok I will give you a loss here but not ready to just concede it, they can be beaten
FL- There season will be done at this point and the formula will be evident on how to beat this team by then, Cats take this one
Vandy- No way
UGA- Always tough between the hedges and a revenge game for the Dawgs could be tough to escape w/ a win

Take the blinders off and concede a loss there, its less than 1%

All I can say is wow....another person who is blinded by the fact that there is no way UK can be this good. If UK loses on Thursday they may just go into freefall but a win tomorrow night and they are staring at 10-2 or 11-1.
Vandy- No way

SC - Tough game that is a coin flip. UK is more talented but SC is better coached and at home.

LSU - #1 for a reason...remember last year's game (UK will be a double digit dog)

FL - They are still more talented at nearly every position on the field(UK will be a 7-10 point dog)

Vandy - Winnable game but still a decent team on the road.

GA - UK will be a 5ish point dog here. Game is winnable but tough. Noone goes between the hedges convinced they are winning

UT - When was the last time Kentucky beat Tennessee? Oh that's right 1984.

Miss. ST is in here at home somewhere and is the only game I would consider a lock for a win.

Kentucky is a talented team. But 8/9 ish wins is a great season for them. Deep down every UK fan knows this is a great ride....but UK is not going to play in a BCS bowl game and barring a big upset and some good fortune UK will not play in the SEC championship game. In fact UK needs to win tommorrow or its off to the Chick-Fil-A bowl

you honestly believe UK is going to beat LSU?

If they played 100 times, LSU wins 99 of them, yes.

The same with SC, if they played them (LSU) 100 times, they get beat 99 of them

That is ridiculous.

If LSU takes care of Florida this weekend like they're supposed to, it's a clear flat spot for them. They will underestimate UK (I don't want to hear about how they won't underestimate the #8 team...they beat the Cats 49-0 last year) and will have just established themselves as the nation's top dog if they beat the Gators. It will be the best offense they've faced yet in the worst spot they've been in yet. I think UK has around a 20-30% chance to win that game.

You can tell me to take off the blinders, that's fine, but I've watched this team play every game since last November and this is just not your same UK team. Why does everyone insist there will be a downfall simply because it's UK? They've done everything they possibly could to prove they are legit, yet people won't buy it.

Now I don't have a good feeling about this SC game, or for Florida if they lose to LSU. If LSU takes care of them, I do not think it's that ridiculous to assume the Cats can take them down to the wire. LSU is not the greatest thing that walked the Earth.

To answer your question, yes, I do love the fact that Kentucky is catching points, and yes, I have already made a play on them with the 3.5 points.

I really dont see them losing more than 3, and my guess is that they lose 2 games. Please keep in mind, that this is coming from a Die Hard Louisville fan, and I absolutely hate UK. That being said, They ARE that good.

That is ridiculous.

If LSU takes care of Florida this weekend like they're supposed to, it's a clear flat spot for them. They will underestimate UK (I don't want to hear about how they won't underestimate the #8 team...they beat the Cats 49-0 last year) and will have just established themselves as the nation's top dog if they beat the Gators. It will be the best offense they've faced yet in the worst spot they've been in yet. I think UK has around a 20-30% chance to win that game.

You can tell me to take off the blinders, that's fine, but I've watched this team play every game since last November and this is just not your same UK team. Why does everyone insist there will be a downfall simply because it's UK? They've done everything they possibly could to prove they are legit, yet people won't buy it.

Now I don't have a good feeling about this SC game, or for Florida if they lose to LSU. If LSU takes care of them, I do not think it's that ridiculous to assume the Cats can take them down to the wire. LSU is not the greatest thing that walked the Earth.

Agreed if you really feel there is a 1 in 100 chance of UK winning, you would be a fool not to drop your whole bankroll on the LSU money line. You will be catching great odds at -500ish.

I'm just disappointed UK has played so well this year and is not under the radar now..

The LSU sandwich spot at UK was one I had circled for a big UK play before the season started..

Now, not sure the value will be there.

That is ridiculous.

If LSU takes care of Florida this weekend like they're supposed to, it's a clear flat spot for them. They will underestimate UK

Linde, you are one of the best cappers and i really respect your opinion on college football, but you are completely wrong here.

From this point forward, everyone who Kentucky plays will respect them. They are getting too much press not to respect them.

Just watch how ready S. Carolina is for this game tomorrow night. Watch the players, listen to the crowd. I'm not saying S. Carolina -3.5 is a good bet, but what I am saying is that the Gamecocks will be sky high for this game as will every team from here on out.

The rest of the Kentucky schedule is brutal. Florida, LSU, Georgia, will all beat Kentucky, I'm telling you.

And 1 more team will step up and beat them. It might be S. Carolina, it might be Vandy, somebody.

Kentucky goes no better than 8-4.

Mark it down.

That is ridiculous.

Listen man, I respect what UK has done (win 10 of 11) and you have some very good players. I don't expect you guys to fall off the earth any time soon and your going to give all the teams in the East a problem. I didn't highlight any other game listed, just LSU.

I hold LSU in a higher regard than everyone in the SEC. They should not lose a game this yr in the regular season. If they do, its coaching because they are loaded and that much better than everyone else. Maybe my 1% chance is a little low, I was being more sarcastic than anything but I don't think you have a very good shot at all vs. LSU. I'll say 9 out of 10 times, they beat you just like they would beat SC.

As far as your games with SC, UF, UGA, Tenn, Vandy.. All are winnable, I don't think you win them all but you won't lose them all either.

From this point forward, everyone who Kentucky plays will respect them. They are getting too much press not to respect them.

Just watch how ready S. Carolina is for this game tomorrow night. Watch the players, listen to the crowd. I'm not saying S. Carolina -3.5 is a good bet, but what I am saying is that the Gamecocks will be sky high for this game as will every team from here on out.

Have to agree here. They are coming to Columbia with a giant target on their back thanks to the arm of Andre Woodson, ESPN, Sportline, and all other sports outlets. They are a success story at 5-0 right now and #8 in the country. They have one of, if not, the top QB in CFB, def. TOP 3 though and they've scored 40points game. They are somewhat of a story right now because not many expected them to be sitting at 5-0 at this point in the season. They are a consensus 58% pick to win SU @ SC. They are a media darling right now. I ain't knocking it, you should be ranked #8 being undefeated and Andre is a great QB. If they beat SC, no one will be looking past them. If they lose to SC, no one will be looking past them. They've made a name for themselves already with two SU upsets.

LSU will not underestimate ANYBODY after this past Saturday.
Thats not to say they wont come out flat.
BUT this is what no one is talking about.
Who has LSU played that had a good or better offense.
What team has LSU played that had a good to great QB.
NONE ZERO ZILCH SQUAT
Im the first to point out when LSU is underrated and Im not saying they are overrated just saying its getting scarily familiar to the Oklahoma talk the year LSU won the BCS in New Orleans.
Halfway through the year Oklahoma was the best team in college football history. LSU has a LONG way to go and the injuries are mounting and the coach doesnt make sound decisions on his injured players in all instances.
PLEASE QUIT BUILDING MY TEAM UP they are HUMAN and IM SENSING A JINX FACTOR from all this #1 and unbeatable talk.
LSU has been on the + side of turnovers throughout.
One game with 3 bounces the wrong way and you really get to find out what the defense is made of. LSU is a very good team with 4 very scary games to play. And that is just to get to Atlanta to play another pretty good team on a neutral field that you likely already beat once.
Kentucky will give that weak ass South Carolina team all they want.

LSU will run the table. They are in a league all of their own. ENOUGH SAID :smiley_acbe: And you can quote the Shark. " LSU will be the new National Champs. "

UK is at #8 by default, but they are good. Seniors on offense, and Steve Brown DC is getting a lot of turnovers. UK +7 turnover ratio. 54% 3rd Down Conversions. Sounds like a pretty good combination. UK will not lose 4 games the rest of the season.

UK will not lose 4 games the rest of the season.

Let's see, they have games remaining @ S. Carolina, vs. LSU, vs. Florida, @ Vandy, @ Georgia, and vs. Tennessee.

The only one of those games they will be favored in is @ Vandy, and even the Commodores are capable of beating Kentucky.

They might lose 5 or 6 of these games, actually, beginning with S. Carolina tomorrow night.

LSU will run the table. They are in a league all of their own. ENOUGH SAID :smiley_acbe: And you can quote the Shark. " LSU will be the new National Champs. "

You cant be a true blue SEC homer.

Thats like predicting a bumper crop three weeks before planting the seeds and not reading the almanac or watching the weather for a month prior.

We appreciate the respect though.

Purple and Gold..............No Sir. I trully believe in this. Im a Gator fan too but I'm also a realist. So far, there is not one darn reason for me not to believe LSU makes it to the end. I called it last year on the Gators and I'm calling it this year on LSU. PERIOD

:eyes: :4_12_13: :36_1_12:

Sorry but no way do I see USF going 9-3, in fact I'd say they have a better chance of going undefeated then going 9-3. They will be favored in every single one of their games besides the trip to Rutgers.

UConn? That's another story, but USF is no fraud. You'll see.

Vandy- No way

I know its the first time you guys have been good, but just to let you know everyone in the SEC knows UK is very good this year and everyone will be pumped to play against unlike most year so to say that UK has no chance to lose some of these games is very untrue. This is the SEC and although there is no team that truly scares anyone besides LSU you will be sadly mistaken if you think the Cats can just show up and beat Vandy or UT or that UF will throw in the towel cause their season "is over". UK has great team, but take it from a guys team who team has been there year in and year out, there's not a team in the top 10 in this conference that you can guarantee a win over if your UK, hell even LSU would have trouble with a lot of these teams.

for the record, of the remaining games, i think this one at S. Carolina and the game @ Vandy are probably their best chance to win.

for the record, of the remaining games, i think this one at S. Carolina and the game @ Vandy are probably their best chance to win.

They also have MSU at home. Even though they haven't beaten Tenn. in 20 years, they match up pretty well against that D. Tonight's game is critical to Kentucky's bowl hopes. A loss here and the Cats will play in a December bowl game

They also have MSU at home. Even though they haven't beaten Tenn. in 20 years, they match up pretty well against that D. Tonight's game is critical to Kentucky's bowl hopes. A loss here and the Cats will play in a December bowl game

Yes, you're right, they do have the home game vs. Miss State. I meant to say that "of the games remaining where I believe they will be underdogs, this is one of the games they have the best chance to win". My mistake.

If they lose tonight, then I believe my prediction of 8-4 at best will come true.

I just cannot see them beating LSU, Florida, and Georgia. All of those teams have superior players at every position on the field except at QB, and it is arguable that Matt Flynn, Tim Tebow, and Matt Stafford, while not as good as Andre Woodson in terms of pro potential (right now), do run their teams very well.

21 of 22 starters on O and D at LSU, Florida, and Georgia, all better than Kentucky's starters (other than QB), has to count for something.

21 of 22 starters on O and D at LSU, Florida, and Georgia, all better than Kentucky's starters (other than QB), has to count for something.

That's true for the most part but UK's TE might be the best in the SEC. They have some real NFL talent at the skill positions but in the trenches they just can't compete with LSU and Florida...Georgia is a step lower but still has more talent. I am actually hoping Kentucky can win convincingly here. LSU/UK line would be real interesting.....

LSU will not underestimate ANYBODY after this past Saturday.
Thats not to say they wont come out flat.
BUT this is what no one is talking about.
Who has LSU played that had a good or better offense.
What team has LSU played that had a good to great QB.
NONE ZERO ZILCH SQUAT
Im the first to point out when LSU is underrated and Im not saying they are overrated just saying its getting scarily familiar to the Oklahoma talk the year LSU won the BCS in New Orleans.
Halfway through the year Oklahoma was the best team in college football history. LSU has a LONG way to go and the injuries are mounting and the coach doesnt make sound decisions on his injured players in all instances.
PLEASE QUIT BUILDING MY TEAM UP they are HUMAN and IM SENSING A JINX FACTOR from all this #1 and unbeatable talk.
LSU has been on the + side of turnovers throughout.
One game with 3 bounces the wrong way and you really get to find out what the defense is made of. LSU is a very good team with 4 very scary games to play. And that is just to get to Atlanta to play another pretty good team on a neutral field that you likely already beat once.
Kentucky will give that weak ass South Carolina team all they want.
:smiley_acbe: I do think LSU has a very good chance to finish Number 1 and Your right about Kentucky just bombed ML AGAin!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I tried to tell Bama fans they were nuts talking of winning the SEC West and even further insane expectations but took not one but two losses for them to settle on splitting the SEC WEST. LMAO.

Now you have South Carolina fans all jacked up AGAIN after we just got done listening to how bad they were going to beat my Tigers. They are ranked higher now than headed undefeated into that matchup?
Right all the teams above them also blew goats so they are the cream of the goat blowers. New QB + Hole in the middle = H O L E in pocket.

And I just want to mention again FLA +10 is a DR P&G 4 star best bet.
LSU has a defense the coach believes can give up negative points.
I know it sounds funny but I had a dream that LES was sitting on a 0-0 lead. He was saying something about we got them in first downs dont sweat it. Apparently, back in his day ties were settled through statistics.

If you like your money focus on the matchup that matters in Baton Rouge this weekend......the coaching matchup.

Kentucky is a very good team, but they were not ready to handle their #8 ranking today @ South Carolina. The mental mistakes by their key guys shows that they are not ready.

I think they will be very competitive vs. LSU, Florida, and Georgia, but I don't think they'll win.

I'm sticking with I said PRIOR to the South Carolina game:

8-4 AT BEST.

Utah up 21-0 at Louisville early in the 2nd quarter -- it makes the Kentucky win over Louisville look even less significant.

Louisville is bad.

Now you have South Carolina fans all jacked up AGAIN after we just got done listening to how bad they were going to beat my Tigers. They are ranked higher now than headed undefeated into that matchup?
Right all the teams above them also blew goats so they are the cream of the goat blowers. New QB + Hole in the middle = H O L E in pocket.

I don't know any SC fans that thought the team was going to beat LSU

The only chance LSU has of losing comes tomorrow against Florida. And I dont think thats going to happen. If LSU gets past Florida tomorrow, Good Night Irene. Who is gonna stand in their way? Kentucky? Alabama? Get the hell out of here. Its all over when they get past Florida. :7_2_111: Alll the way to Disney World.....:36_11_6:

USC can play with LSU, on any field in the country. LSU will have the HFA playing at the Sugar Bowl, but give me Pete Carroll over Les Miles in a big game any day of the week.

LSU does not have a good enough passing attack to beat a team as good as USC. Both defenses are excellent, but USC's offense is superior to LSU's.

Just my humble opinion.

Les Miles has not proven to me that he win in a really big game.

Pete Carroll is a far superior coach -- hence 2 national championships and played for a 3rd.

I believe this season they will play in the national title game, again..

I guess I read a few too many message boards.
Every fan base has lunatics.
Hell the Tulane fans were talking of winning last week.
Then again they came far closer than ever imagined.

USC can play with LSU, on any field in the country. LSU will have the HFA playing at the Sugar Bowl, but give me Pete Carroll over Les Miles in a big game any day of the week.

LSU does not have a good enough passing attack to beat a team as good as USC. Both defenses are excellent, but USC's offense is superior to LSU's.

Just my humble opinion.

As a USC fan, I am eating some serious crow right now..

The only chance LSU has of losing comes tomorrow against Florida. And I dont think thats going to happen. If LSU gets past Florida tomorrow, Good Night Irene. Who is gonna stand in their way? Kentucky? Alabama? Get the hell out of here. Its all over when they get past Florida. :7_2_111: Alll the way to Disney World.....:36_11_6:

:smiley_acbe:

I stand corrected on Kentucky and South Florida, they are both much better than I thought.

I do not back down on my question a few weeks back, though: Please tell me one big game that Les Miles has won?

I have asked this before and I will ask it again.

He runs his mouth but never wins big games.

Michigan will be better off without him -- he is not a great big game coach.

Takes a big man to bump your own thread when you're wrong, GG... I have learned a great deal about you in the last few weeks and the more you post, the more respect you gain from me - and I think I say that more as a football fan than a UK fan...

:shake:

Rex - the respect is mutual bud.

Speaking of respect, I wish my favorite team (USC) had the heart that your Kentucky Wildcats have. What a football team you guys have in Lexington...

Back