Kareem Hunt Released Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Are Chiefs Still AFC Favorites Without Kareem Hunt?

The Chiefs no longer get the benefit of Kareem Hunt. Through 11 games, Hunt had ran for 824 yards on 4.6 YPC and seven touchdowns. He was also a solid receiver with 26 receptions for 378 yards (14.5 yards per catch) and seven touchdowns. Although the Chiefs’ run play frequency is down a couple percent from last year thanks to the rise of superstar quarterback Patrick Mahomes, Hunt provided the Chiefs’ offense with an effective and versatile option out of the backfield that gave the opposing defense something else to account for.

Kansas City drafted Hunt in 2017 to replace Spencer Ware. who will now retake Hunt’s place as Kansas City’s starting running back. In Ware’s last season as KC’s starter, in 2016, he averaged .3 fewer YPC than Hunt had this season and was not nearly the same touchdown machine, although the Chiefs were not nearly the juggernaut on offense as they are now with Mahomes. Ware, though, was, like Hunt, an effective receiver. Ware currently averages 5.6 YPC. This looks great. But Ware has been able to rush for a stronger average because he was the backup and was therefore always fresher. He only has 22 carries this season and more than a third of those came in one game. He won’t be as effective in his much larger role.

Ware does not bring the same level of physical talent as Hunt. For starters, Ware is much less elusive. Whereas Hunt ranked sixth nationally in evaded tackles per game, Ware ranks 60th. Ware is similarly less able to produce a breakaway run. Basically stated, Ware and Hunt are about as speedy, but Hunt is much more agile. PFF ranks Hunt 39 spots higher in agility rate because Ware is not as able to change speeds, shift direction, and maintain his balance while doing these things. Ware is purely a north-south runner. He’s tough, but also relatively simple for defenses to deal with.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Odds

The Chiefs opened as 13-point favorites in Oakland. They became favored by as many as 15.5 points. 15.5 is still available at some sports books while others have KC at -14. The change in this week’s odds is small less because of Ware and more because Oakland has a terrible, bottom-ranked run defense. In terms of futures, oddsmakers remain optimistic that the Chiefs may be the AFC’s best chance to win the Super Bowl. BetOnline and Bovada, for example, has the Chiefs and Patriots at the same odds, BetOnline at +600 and Bovada with +550. Both books then have Pittsburgh well behind.

Kareem Hunt is a tough loss, for sure. But let’s talk doomsday in Kansas City if Mahomes goes down.

Patriots beat the chiefs in playoffs 150 out of 100 times.

An Andy Reid coached team cannot beat a Bellichek coached team.

It’s ridiculous all this love from the chiefs.

Mahomes throws way too many interceptions for sure.
Plus Andy Reid May have good offensive play calling abilities.

But he has no coaching ability.

Ability to understand clock management
Ability to use his challenge flags.

So end of day the chiefs cannot win anything with Reid at coach and interception machine Mahomes

It’s ridiculous all this love from the chiefs.

Mahomes throws way too many interceptions for sure.
Plus Andy Reid May have good offensive play calling abilities.

But he has no coaching ability.

Ability to understand clock management
Ability to use his challenge flags.

So end of day the chiefs cannot win anything with Reid at coach and interception machine Mahomes

Do you do any research? This season, Mahomes is 37-10 (117.9 QBR) and Brady is 19-7 (96.3 QBR). It's all about the coaching.

Sammy has lately said that Kaep was recently good, Rams could use a running back, Pats best in the league. Seriously Sammy...mistakes happen all the time but this often? Quick-check some stats before you post, takes way less time than your long posts

Every thread needs more Sammy, Shuma and tuck

Yes I get bored very easily

First Mayfield is the best QB in history, now more nonesense. I’m beginning to wonder if we are being trolled. I’m pretty sure I know lol

But anyways, Andy Reid. 8th all time in wins. 60% career winning percentage. 9th all time in playoff wins. 62-29 with the Chiefs. I know my Eagles guys here have mixed emotions about Andy but he is a Hall of Famer

Advanced stats factor all the things you mentioned

Mahomes - DYAR 2nd, DVOA 2nd, QBR 2nd

Brady same stats- 10th, 11th and 10th.

This is the worst Patriots team in recent memory. I don’t think it’s even close.

I don’t think the Chiefs will run the table. Fortunately the Pats will lose another game and the playoffs will run through Arrrowhead... where the Pats will not win.

Without a Lombardi on his resume Andy Reid is not a Hall of Fame coach. The only two modern head coaches in the Hall without a Lombardi are Marv Levy and Bud Grant. Levy went to 4 bowls and also won two Grey Cups. Grant went to 3 bowls and won 4 Grey Cups. Andy isn't close.

Forget about it guys.

Reid to me is one of the worst head coaches in the league.

What’s his playoff record? I don’t need to look at stats to know that.

Stats are of zero value to a winning bettor.

Stats are for losers my friends.

What’s the first thing the government uses in any speech? Stats. Hmmm. Wonder why.

Because stats are for losers. They mean nothing.
Stats are worthless information. Past has no effect on the future.

I’m shocked that you guys by watching Mahomes even think he is a good qb. Mahomes ain’t nothing special.

Special QBs don’t blow two winnable games on the road at pats and rams.

Brady when young won those games.

Mahomes isn’t a winner

Andy Reid honestly could not out coach a cfl coach.

He’s been in the league for ever and at this point he should be collecting rings like crazy.

But he loses every year in playoffs. The loss last year was comical to the Steelers

Winners win by internal knowing.

Stats are for losers.

Stats can be manipulated.

They mean nothing.

Win by using the power of intuition.

Who is your editor

Thats a bullshit request

You need a union

Meh but I was asked. I didn't have to do the article. It's nice to help out and plus maybe he'll help me out like by assigning me to cover teams that I like to cover. Plus, he says often it's the "nature of sports journalism," no idea if that's "actually" true or not but he'd know better than me.

It's not like it was known in advance that Kareem was gonna get released, he's gotten pissed at other people who have asked me to write last-minute when they could have asked earlier. No reason to get mad at him.

First Mayfield is the best QB in history, now more nonesense. I’m beginning to wonder if we are being trolled. I’m pretty sure I know lol

But anyways, Andy Reid. 8th all time in wins. 60% career winning percentage. 9th all time in playoff wins. 62-29 with the Chiefs. I know my Eagles guys here have mixed emotions about Andy but he is a Hall of Famer

Advanced stats factor all the things you mentioned

Mahomes - DYAR 2nd, DVOA 2nd, QBR 2nd

Brady same stats- 10th, 11th and 10th.

This is the worst Patriots team in recent memory. I don’t think it’s even close.

I don’t think the Chiefs will run the table. Fortunately the Pats will lose another game and the playoffs will run through Arrrowhead... where the Pats will not win.
I know the past is the past BUT wasn’t the last KC Playoff win in Arrowhead in 93?
Tough to look over that stat. That just doesn’t make sense because Arrowhead is a tough place to get a win at ANY time.

I saw this on KC back in October and kept it on my phone. Some of it was when Andy wasn’t even there so take it with a grain of salt.

The Hunt loss is big though being a dual threat and can play all three downs.

7189206F-E82F-4790-AA7F-B486D863CA01.png

I think Mahomes is the real deal though. So poised, calm and collected for his age. He’s gonna get better.

You blaming the woman Inspekdah ??

Of course not. But I do feel like when you hear of an incident like this and you wonder what the video looks like it would be far worse than this. She’s instigating it and his boys failed to hold him back. The push was unfortunate and the kick was nothing.

The thing with Kareem Hunt is he also punched another dude in the face. He's pretty stupid. A hot head. The only reason he's apologetic now is he wants the suspension as low as possible, and he'll need a team in the future.

Back