Just one Reminder

tuck321

Not all those who wander are lost
Today is Wednesday and it is the first Detroit home game on Wednesday this season. What we know is that the last 30 times Detroit has played at home on Wednesday their record is 29-1. I believe this trend goes back much longer than 30 games but 30 games is what we have an actual record of.
Your call.

lots of varying side thoughts in this game (this trend aside) but this was my first thought about Wednesdays and the Wings when looking over things.

Today is Wednesday and it is the first Detroit home game on Wednesday this season. What we know is that the last 30 times Detroit has played at home on Wednesday their record is 29-1. I believe this trend goes back much longer than 30 games but 30 games is what we have an actual record of.
Your call.

They're 47-9-1 overall in their last 57 Wednesday games.

Personally, I find this trend nothing more than just that - a trend. More often then not a pure coincidence (remember the Orioles and their Sunday trend from previous season?).

However, from my observations, Detroit "should" win 58% of the time in this situation against Montreal at home but considering my personal betting rules are not to play anything lower than -108 (1.926) I've skipped it.

:cheers:

SU. Guys its a lot longer than posted. Last year I mentioned this at the beginning of the season. Had mentioned it the previous season.. Data bank showed 19-1 last 20 at the beginning of the season. There were 10 Wednesday home games and it went 10=0. Off a road trip, players all out. It made no difference. Now they won the Cup last year so that was a great team but this one is also strong and laying 168 seems a little CHEAP.

By the way Unicorn last 20 on the road on Wednesday they are 11-8-1 so you can probably get a good idea of where your Wednesday stats came from. They came from Detroit at home on Wednesday.

I played a little MTL 1st period ML at 2.430. Detroit has won 5 straight first periods and 8 of the last 9.

Not sure I understand your reason. Detroit plays puck control so they score more often at the beginning. You think because it has been happening regularly that it is a good idea to bet against it happening? Although actually I seem to remember Montreal being good in the first period but my info is dated. Anyway GL

Well it was more hoping for a sluggish period after a road trip...Odd fact though, Detroit has only 3 regulation losses this year, they occured at game 1, game 11, game 21.

Well it was more hoping for a sluggish period after a road trip...Odd fact though, Detroit has only 3 regulation losses this year, they occured at game 1, game 11, game 21.

LOL. I think I was on the first two. At least I learned my lesson.

Back