July 26 MLB Discussion: Hop off Pittsburgh train and Hop on Oakland?

Shoutout to our amigo Piscotty @2daBank happy for him that he can enjoy being on a good team

Yea, normally not happy for a guy that underachieved here then plays better when he leaves but he had tough circumstances w his mom last year so glad we moved him to be out close to her and that it working out for him. At the time it appeared we had extra outfielders anyways, maybe not so much! Lol. Munoz has been solid for us at least.

Yea, normally not happy for a guy that underachieved here then plays better when he leaves but he had tough circumstances w his mom last year so glad we moved him to be out close to her and that it working out for him. At the time it appeared we had extra outfielders anyways, maybe not so much! Lol. Munoz has been solid for us at least.

Yea I suppose that‘s why I‘m sympathetic to him and don‘t give two shits about Grichuk

DonBest previews/matchups are now posted free at Sun-Times

When: 2:20 PM ET, Thursday, July 26, 2018
Where: Wrigley Field, Chicago, Illinois

By Gracenote

Despite an offensive outage, the Chicago Cubs still have a chance to salvage a split of their four-game series against the visiting Arizona Diamondbacks on Thursday. The first-place Cubs have totaled only four runs in the first three games of the series, and they might need a little more punch from the lineup to beat the Diamondbacks for a second straight game.

Chicago has only four extra-base hits in the series, but the pitching was strong enough Wednesday for the Cubs to claim a 2-1 victory and extend their National League Central lead to 2 1/2 games over Milwaukee. Arizona’s pitching has been outstanding throughout the series, but the offense didn’t do much Wednesday and two critical errors led to the winning run in the eighth inning as the Diamondbacks remained a half-game behind the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NL West. The Cubs are dealing with injuries to two of their star infielders, as third baseman Kris Bryant sat out a second consecutive game Wednesday with a sore shoulder and second baseman Javier Baez was limited to pinch-hitting duties with a bruised knee. Manager Joe Maddon didn’t rule out a disabled list stint for Bryant, and Baez was lifted for a pinch-runner after noticeably limping when he beat out an infield single Wednesday.

TV: 2:20 p.m. ET, MLB Network, FS Arizona, NBCS Chicago

PITCHING MATCHUP: Diamondbacks RH Zack Godley (11-6, 4.65 ERA) vs. Cubs RH Tyler Chatwood (4-5, 4.84)

Godley has won six of his last seven decisions and allowed two or fewer earned runs in six of his last eight starts. The 28-year-old gave up four runs (three earned) in five-plus innings in a no-decision last time out against Colorado, as he hurt himself with four walks. Godley is 1-2 with a 4.70 ERA in three starts against the Cubs, who drafted him in the 10th round in 2013.

Chatwood did a nice tightrope act in his last start, working around six walks to hold the Cardinals to one run over 5 1/3 innings. The 28-year-old has issued at least four free passes in 12 of his 18 starts and leads the majors with 79 walks in 89 1/3 innings. Chatwood is 5-3 with a 4.09 ERA in 11 games (nine starts) against Arizona.

WALK-OFFS

1. Arizona 1B Paul Goldschmidt has reached base in 25 consecutive road games and is 11-for-25 with six homers and nine RBIs during a seven-game hitting streak against the Cubs, but he is 3-for-19 with eight strikeouts versus Chatwood.

2. Cubs RHP Brandon Morrow (right biceps inflammation) has not thrown since July 18 and will not be activated when he is eligible to come off the disabled list Saturday.

3. Chicago C Willson Contreras is 16-for-41 in his last 12 home games.

PREDICTION: Cubs 6, Diamondbacks 5

Diamondbacks' Godley roughed up by Rockies in no-decision

Zack Godley surrendered four runs (three earned) on five hits over five-plus innings while taking a no-decision in Saturday's loss to the Rockies. A disappointing game from both starters in this one, as neither Godley nor opposite number Kyle Freeland managed to record an out in the sixth inning. Godley was gifted a 3-0 lead after four innings, to boot. Not the best of looks, here. He finished his evening having struck out six and walked four. Up next as he tries to tighten up his game for the second half, a road date with the Cubs. Godley will bring a 4.65 ERA and 1.54 WHIP (110 1/3 innings) into that one. He had not allowed more than one run in any of his previous three outings prior to being touched up on Saturday.

Cubs' Chatwood works around six walks in win vs. Cardinals

Tyler Chatwood managed to earn his fourth victory of the season on Saturday, despite issuing six walks over 5 1/3 innings against the Cardinals. To Chatwood's credit, he allowed just one hit in the contest, a solo homer to Matt Carpenter in the third inning. He also struck out a pair. The right-hander now sits at 4-5 on the season with a 4.84 ERA and sky-high 1.75 WHIP. Fantasy owners should continue to avoid Chatwood for Thursday's matchup against the Diamondbacks at Wrigley Field.

MLB Betting Trends

Arizona

The Diamondbacks are 4-1 in their last five games against the Cubs at Wrigley Field.

Chicago

The Cubs are 4-0 in Chatwood's last four starts.

Prediction:

The under is 4-0-1 in the last five meetings between these two teams and has cashed in four of the last five meetings in Chicago. The under is also 45-19-2 in Mike Estabrook's last 66 games behind home plate, is 12-3-1 in the Diamondbacks' last 16 road games and has hit in seven of the Cubs' last 10 games when they're playing the fourth game of a series.

May have to pass on under based on the breeze

Scary seeing all the Oakland love.

Seems like undoubtedly the right side, but on too many people’s hit list today for my liking.

Oakland is certainly on the due to bust one open against that garbage team...no clue how Perez held them down.

I couldn't resist AZ today. Chatwood has to show me something before I stop fading him and I feel Godley only has to be "ok" for me to cash

In-game por favor, want to be able to get the discussion pieces separated from the chat

both sitting around the same price

if you had to pick one would you play

Kingham -145 vs Mets

or

Cahill -143 at Tex

Man should I call my shot? I'll say Oakland 9-4

No chance I play PIT tonight, hate playing a team the day after a long streak is broken

Back