Jose Fernandez is Dead

A bag of signed Jose Fernandez baseballs washed ashore in Miami, nearly 20 blocks north of the boat crash

Unreal. The bag also contained Jose's checkbook. All the contents were handed over to a lifeguard and then to authorities.

I have to be honest guys, the title of this thread isn't necessary. There's plenty of news to give us updates on this stuff. To start a thread with this title is bullshit. JMO

I have to be honest guys, the title of this thread isn't necessary. There's plenty of news to give us updates on this stuff. To start a thread with this title is bullshit. JMO

What do you want thread title to be?

Alex started this a few minutes after reports came out.

It's now Tuesday. I think its fair to say that this is a resource for gambling. Personally, I don't use this site for breaking news. I think it's attention seeking as if someone wants to be the first to break the story.

It's now Tuesday. I think its fair to say that this is a resource for gambling. Personally, I don't use this site for breaking news. I think it's attention seeking as if someone wants to be the first to break the story.
Then don't read it. Carry on.

Breaking news isn't found here so it's a waste of time to post something morbid that is old news by the time you see it posted here. Plus it remains in the thread all week. Carry on with this thread

He was at a bar until 2am or whatever and in an argument with his girlfriend, not shocking at all. It wasn't his boat, I highly doubt he was driving it but they haven't been able to say who was

Breaking News, Alcohol and Cocaine, were found in JF toxicology report. Wanted to make sure you got this info here because it's not being plastered everywhere on TV. But who's watching TV with all this gambling going on

Supposedly evidence exists he wasn't driving. The guy that was at .04 was. Fernandez was on the phone with someone at the time of the crash and phone records support the witness account he was yelling go left, go left and the call stopped.

Supposedly evidence exists he wasn't driving. The guy that was at .04 was. Fernandez was on the phone with someone at the time of the crash and phone records support the witness account he was yelling go left, go left and the call stopped.

To be on the other end of that call...

Breaking News, Alcohol and Cocaine, were found in JF toxicology report. Wanted to make sure you got this info here because it's not being plastered everywhere on TV. But who's watching TV with all this gambling going on

Lol, breaking news...

So, anyone have different feelings 6 months later now that he was found to be the driver?

Whether he was coked out that night or had done it within a few days before...the nearly double legal limit is the issue...

Still very sad all the way around.

The investigator’s report pointed out that if Fernandez had survived the accident, he would have been held legally responsible and probably charged with several crimes, including manslaughter, vessel homicide and reckless or careless operation of a vessel. The families of Macias and Rivero have filed negligence suits against Fernandez’s estate, which his mother and girlfriend now control.

It's a huge tragedy for the Macias and Rivero families because Jose was being a jerk. He caused the deaths of his two friends.

i always laugh when a bunch of people get drunk or stoned, one of them drives, there's a wreck, and then only the guy who happened to drive is the asshole. when they got on that boat (or in that car) they knew what the score was. They're all dipshits.

yeah, i disagree. it's kind of like when you rob a gas station with some other guy and he shoots the clerk. you're still guilty of murder. you do shitty things and involve yourself with shitty people, no tears when shitty things happen to you.

yeah, i disagree. it's kind of like when you rob a gas station with some other guy and he shoots the clerk. you're still guilty of murder. you do shitty things and involve yourself with shitty people, no tears when shitty things happen to you.

It is similar. And the people in the boat with a coked up, drunk guy made a bad mistake... as did the guy in the car during the gas station robbery. But the murderer and the guy who crashed the boat are the real assholes.

Your flu is crushing you worse than it should. Get some rest.

Back