Johnny Football?

I'm willing to meet you half way on Teo bc your reasoning was rationale and accurate. There are other guys who statistically were better, but he was an anchor on the best defense in the country. They (and he) were the focal point in a season where they constantly were making big plays and won every game. There's something to be said about that as well.

The rest of your post was dead on and I endorse every word of it. Solid post all around and am glad to see someone else isn't afraid to take the unpopular route and say the aTm defense beat Bama and Johnny did not. If Bama scores on that last drive instead of throwing an int AND Johnny brings his team back to win ... That is a "moment." He had no "moment." ESPN manufactured his "moment" early in the game while the sun was still out when he bobbled a fucking snap and threw a TD. Whoop-de-fucking-do.

Bama actually outgained A&M in the game. Biggest factor in the win for A&M was the 3 Bama TO's. Granted, A&M doesn't win without Manziel, but without the TOs, Bama wins by 10+ points.

Not hiding behind anything, SOS shows they played overall all season close to Tha same competition, wit Johnny puttin up much better numbers. If tamu SOS was 50s or much worse then this wouldn't be up for debate.

:shake: Me and the white man agree.....I see no problem with Johnny Football getting the trophy.

Sarah-Savage-Johnny-Manziel-girlfriend.jpg

Sarah-Savage-Johnny-Manziel-girlfriend-photo1.jpg

Sarah-Savage-Johnny-Manziel-girlfriend-images.jpg

Sarah-Savage-Johnny-Manziel-girlfriend-pics.jpg

sarah-savage-johnny-manziel-girlfriend-image-594x594-5.jpg

ask johhny the best defense he faced all year

La Tech?

Teo wasn't even the best player on his own defense in my estimation but that is irrelevant because the Heisman hasn't been about the best player for a long time, its goes to an offensive player who is either flashy or puts up flashy numbers and plays on a winning team. The word "best" doesn't really factor into it. Notre Dame's defense was the best unit and he was the leader and they were the only undefeated team. He unquestionably belonged at the ceremony, if you dispute this you're probably just a Notre Dame hater.

TAMU is a going to be a top tier program very soon. They are recruiting at a very high level and have a huge amount of money to spend.

One of the things that I hate is, if Texas A&M was in the Big 12 this year, Manziel wouldn't have even been up for the Heisman.

Back