Joe Johnson

The guy is averaging 27 a game.. He is a pure shooter as well. Big time mismatch for any one on the kittens. Guy has point guard handles. Like i said in the in game, joe is a top 10 player.

JJ has really turned into a damn good player....perhaps an all-star bid(b4 you get defensive dawg...member the East is loaded on swings)..

Top 10...no...top 20..yes

I can name Ten players I would take before JJ.

Wade
Melo
Bosh
Bron
Dirk
Nash
Kobias
Redd
Shuttlesworth
Hamilton
Yao
McGrady
Arenas
D. Howard
J. O'Neal
AK 47

Thats more than 10...so you get the point...I would put him with VC and PP next

I listed my top 10.. Joe Johnson does more than Redd IMHO. I also like him more than Melo.. Carmelos career assits average is 2.8.

Here is my top 10
Kobe ( of course )
Yao
Lebron
Joe Johnson
Duncan
KG
Melo
Dirk
Paul
Nash
Wade

Wow rip hamilton over Joe Johnson? That one is big time questionable man.. Joe has more range on his jumper. He can defend a lot better.. he also is more versatile. I like AK and JO they are borderline on my list.. and Dwight Howard is a year away.. but pretty solid big guy.

I ran a quick comparison
Points 27 to 22
Rpg 5.4 to 4.3
Aps 3.9 to 3.3
spg 1.25 to 1
Joe has more blocks
fg% 49 to to 458
ft% favores rip
3pt% 40 to 36

Not even close here man.. Joe Johnson is a better all around player( Those are hamiltons numbers):drink:

BAR i just reread ur list..you would take ray allen over vince and paul pierce? See im the opposite there.. No doubt tmac has the most talent, but hes been banged up so i dont put him in the top 10. Arenas was borderline for me. When i say top 10 im talkin about a complete player.. a la kobe, kg, lebron.. does everything

well the idiot has about 4 offensive fouls in the 2nd Half alone so he's fucking it up any way he can.

Captain Slap A Hoe said:
lol @ B.A.R listing guys like Jermaine O'Neal over Paul Pierce

Jermaine has fallen off big time.. :shake: I think its more comical to put hamilton over joe johnson. Look at the #'s. Hamilton isnt even as good as Prince in my books as far as being able to defend and bein an all around player.

abcs said:
Wow rip hamilton over Joe Johnson? That one is big time questionable man.. Joe has more range on his jumper. He can defend a lot better.. he also is more versatile. I like AK and JO they are borderline on my list.. and Dwight Howard is a year away.. but pretty solid big guy.
Um, give me Dwight Howard over Joe Johnson 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. A year away? What more do you want? He's had it since his rookie year. Averaged a double double every year and has improved the numbers every year. Hard to find a big man like that in the NBA. Swingmen like Johnson are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

Dwights numbers are legit.. and honestly i would take him over lebron if the draft were today, but i think right now Joe is a better player..
I know what your saying about swing man in the nba.. but Dwight still has a lot of weaknesses in his game. A 1 assist per game average for his career? he still needs to learn how to handle the double team and find his teammates.. Take KG for example, who usually has 5 a game
Hes averaging 11 points less than joe and is still learning. In a few years though he will own this league, right now hes the best center in a shitty conference. No doubt about that..
Some nice young big guys..
Eddy Curry
Chris Bosh
Yao
Dwight
Kaman
Oden Eventually
The league is growing..

29 ppg 5 boards and 4 assits on a 7th place team.. shooting 50% from the floor and 40% from three is solid.. Yea the season is really early and the hawks will likely fade ( but who knows once marvin gets back), but there is no denying this guy is a balla

yao has developed nicely on the offensive end but still has that one problem he's a pussy

I gotta disagree with Big Al on this one. I watched him play last night, this dude is fucking legit. He is TALL, he ain't like 6'4'' or nothing. He's a legit 6'7'' IMO. He is super-athletic, has a gorgeous jumper, and can get to the rim at will. He also plays very good defense, and is a good foul-shooter. I would take him over Redd, Allen, McGrady (2006 McGrady, not 2003 McGrady) and Rip, in terms of guys that play the same or similar positions. I think this guy's career is about to seriously blow up.

Killa said:
I gotta disagree with Big Al on this one. I watched him play last night, this dude is fucking legit. He is TALL, he ain't like 6'4'' or nothing. He's a legit 6'7'' IMO. He is super-athletic, has a gorgeous jumper, and can get to the rim at will. He also plays very good defense, and is a good foul-shooter. I would take him over Redd, Allen, McGrady (2006 McGrady, not 2003 McGrady) and Rip, in terms of guys that play the same or similar positions. I think this guy's career is about to seriously blow up.

Thank you :shake: I would say 6 foot 8 also.
I saw this kid in college at arkansas. Bama hadnt lost in 2 years at home.. and he came in to ttown and dropped 35 and dominated. The kid has pg handles and one of the purest jump shots you will see. This is a no brainer in my books. All of his talents werent shown in phx. He was more of just a spot up shooter. The hawks overpayed for the guy no doubt, which caused a lot of problems.. they already had drafted like 4 guys at that same position, but they knew of his potential. But Joe is a baller.. he has easily surpassed ray allen and tmac ( due to injuries). I would say hes right on par with vince and pierce.. although i would take him over those 2 since he is so versatile..

Just to let you guys know, phx didnt drop the ball here, boston did :cheers:

Actually everything ive read has him at 6 foot 9..
Here was a little writeup on him:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strengths: Only a given few have the ball skills that Johnson possesses at 6-9. Penny Hardaway (6-7), Lamar Odom, and Magic Johnson come to mind. Has very good vision and passing skills. Great intangibles. Has that certain feel for the game that the great ones have, knows where to be, what to do. Great shot, handle, passing, vision, confidence.[/FONT]

Back