Jeff Fisher Fired

But it was a miracle this nimrod held a job for so long being so horrifically mediocre...wiseplayer today is a happy man.

Think his two year extension came with a one year salary buyout if I recall

Saw a picture of the Coliseum half empty yesterday. I'm sure that played a part in it as well...

And when do the "Jim Harbaugh to LA Rams" rumors heat up? I'm already hearing some on Twitter.

no way he leaves UM before a natty or at least a lot longer trying

if he wanted to stay in the NFL so bad he would have hopped aboard the Carr/Mack express when he left SF

When the home fans are chanting foe him to bw fired during the game, you know it might be time.

I assume this firing comes largely due to the Rams taking Goff over Wentz? I'm just confused at the timing. Have they already decided that Goff was a mistake? And who's decision was it to sit Goff for as long as they did? I have to believe Fisher regrets not playing him sooner. That's a very small sample size to conclude that the head coach and franchise QB aren't going to work together.

Fisher now avoids the all-time NFL loss record. Due to the timing, something tells me that motherfucker went to ownership and requested his release so he doesn't hold that record for the rest of his life. Dude comes across as a big ego maniac.

Timing does not make sense at all given the small number of games Goff has played this year. There's more to this...

no way he leaves UM before a natty or at least a lot longer trying

if he wanted to stay in the NFL so bad he would have hopped aboard the Carr/Mack express when he left SF

I'm hearing $10-15 million per season could do it. In that market, you could justify paying it. His value is undeniable. Look at what SF did (or didn't do) after he left. He'll be a hot commodity and money talks...

It feels right that the next head coach has some west coach or California ties. David Shaw could be a name to watch out for. I just don't know how any team could go the College route after so many failures. Shaw does have NFL ties, though.

It feels right that the next head coach has some west coach or California ties. David Shaw could be a name to watch out for. I just don't know how any team could go the College route after so many failures. Shaw does have NFL ties, though.

Petey has taken care of that issue for the time being

I'm hearing $10-15 million per season could do it. In that market, you could justify paying it. His value is undeniable. Look at what SF did (or didn't do) after he left. He'll be a hot commodity and money talks...

Well that much money would be hard to turn down for sure

Jim Mora is awful.

David Shaw can't be pried out of Palo Alto. Dude really loves it there. I don't understand the attraction (sarcasm).

I wonder if that kind of money could lure Gruden out of the booth.

I assume this firing comes largely due to the Rams taking Goff over Wentz? I'm just confused at the timing. Have they already decided that Goff was a mistake? And who's decision was it to sit Goff for as long as they did? I have to believe Fisher regrets not playing him sooner. That's a very small sample size to conclude that the head coach and franchise QB aren't going to work together.

Fisher now avoids the all-time NFL loss record. Due to the timing, something tells me that motherfucker went to ownership and requested his release so he doesn't hold that record for the rest of his life. Dude comes across as a big ego maniac.

Timing does not make sense at all given the small number of games Goff has played this year. There's more to this...

Dont try to make sense of any of this because nothing Fisher did made sense. If Stan Kroenke gives Jim Harbaugh the Belecheat treatment where he gets to buy the groceries and cook them, this is the dream job. State of the art facility being built. Franchise QB, RB along with a pretty good D, why not now? Harbaugh couldn't ask for a better opportunity to come back to the NFL. Michigan will always be there for him.

Hello gopher fan. Keep dreaming.

Dont try to make sense of any of this because nothing Fisher did made sense. If Stan Kroenke gives Jim Harbaugh the Belecheat treatment where he gets to buy the groceries and cook them, this is the dream job. State of the art facility being built. Franchise QB, RB along with a pretty good D, why not now? Harbaugh couldn't ask for a better opportunity to come back to the NFL. Michigan will always be there for him.

Who is the franchise qb?

Michigan is his dream job.

I agree. I think it's a 30% chance. I saw him surprisingly interested when I spoke to him in July. This is an opportunity of a lifetime. State of the art facility being built in LA. There will be significant interest from good candidates who will step into a franchise QB and RB

Harbaugh has a baby being born this month. Just had a house built for his parents next door to his. Wants to raise his kids in a college town.

So oddly for the NFL guys, he thinks Michigan is a dream job.

If it was year 5 or 6 at Michigan I would say maybe a 50% chance.. Maybe more if they win a cfb ship.

It's doubtful their choice of QB was THE issue. First, it's unlikely that Fisher was the only one involved in that decision. Secondly, and more importantly, it would be extremely premature to call Goff a failure, and just as premature to act as if Wentz is a stud and would have been the answer. Since Wentz has been done playing the Browns and Bears, he hasn't exactly looked like the stud all Eagles fans wanted to tell us he was...again, after 2 weeks.

If it was year 5 or 6 at Michigan I would say maybe a 50% chance.. Maybe more if they win a cfb ship.

Yeah I can see him building a dynasty at Michigan then jumping ship once sanctions come in like Petey

I'm hearing McDaniels out Atlanta oc so far along with the wishful Harbaugh rumors. Hope he puts it to bed because recruiting getting real now.

Right. It's tough to see him going anywhere until he gives UM at least a few years worth of trying to win a title. Just doesn't seem like he's that dude who would bolt to go back to the NFL where he already was, and to coach the Rams as they're currently constructed...you never know though, stranger things happen all the time. It does seem highly unlikely though at this point.

Too soon laureux. Waaay too soon. He's having the time of his life right now according to him. But hey trump became president so i guess anything can happen.

Back