Jayhawks 2017 NCAA Football

Added a bunch of the night games in the original post for the week. Should have just stuck with the good day I’m having so far, but I had a few too many cocktails today and now am just chilling and want some more action

GL to all the rest of the evening

10-6 last week so back in the black. But fuck 9-2 on sides and 1-4 on totals, so I am back of those. Not sure why my numbers are so far off on totals this year but I am going to have to adjust. Usually that is a big money maker for me and this year its just not. Ugh. Back to battle for Week 7

Think the sides are basically lined right by pr and matchup and where they are wrong, they are skewed to situation well. So, tough week to find sides, imo.

Think the sides are basically lined right by pr and matchup and where they are wrong, they are skewed to situation well. So, tough week to find sides, imo.

So true it seems. Only a couple sides I like and they all have some mighty situational angles against them so I will either attempt to cap the mind of a college kid or just wing it. I could of course lay off the sides but then I wouldn't be me.

Nothing locked in yet, but this is what I am looking at with thoughts...
  • Wash st-cal over (more of an action play than anything. Will only play if I can't find something better for Friday night. But do think Wash St. will easily score on cal and think Cal will be good for at least 20 by themselves)
  • Temple TT over (UConn defensive struggles are very apparent. Game over is gonna be worth a look as well but may just take one team to get there)
  • West Virginia (think they are the better team. Don't understand the initial line move)
  • Kansas (waiting for over 21, and it will get there. Hard to know how Iowa St. responds after last week. I think they win comfortably but think Kansas has enough to stay within the number)
  • TCU (just don't think Kstate is that good)
  • Maryland-NW over (low total for a Maryland defense that can't stop much. NW should be able to score and will let Maryland score as well)
  • Texas (how does OU respond? Red River rivalry always close, over may be worth a look as well)
  • Auburn (which LSU will show up? either way not sure its enough here)
  • UCF TT over (same as above regarding UConn applies to ECU. UCF will score at will)
  • ark-bama over (bama burned me last week, but don't think Ark defense can stop Bama ever and Arkansas should be good for 10-14)
  • Oregon (wow they were ugly last week, but I have a low opinion of stanfords ability to win a game by this much)

Locked in:

Texas St-ULL under 55
Wash st-Cal over 55
UConn-Temple over 60

West Virginia -3
Kansas +23.5
TCU -5
Toledo -6.5
Texas +8

Auburn -6
Gatech +7
ECU-UCF over 73.5

Bama-Ark over 54
Oregon +10.5

Zona st +17.5

Last edited:
I would fade me at your leisure this week. Have not had a whole lot of time to take a deep dive into things so trusting initial thoughts and playing too many games so that is likely a recipe for disaster. Set it and forget it type week.

Arkansas State -12.5
Marshall -3

Marshall-Mid Tenn over 49.5
Col St -7
Iowa -1.5
Akron +16.5

Idaho-MU over 63
Texas Tech -7
Indiana +7

UCF -7
North Texas-FAU over 65.5

USF -11
Michigan +10

ND -3
ND-USC under 65
Kansas-TCU under 59

Last edited:
looks like mostly a sister kiss week for you last week but your losses were tough and your wins were easy ... indiana with the let them score, usf with the shave, iowa with the dropping the easiest pass of all time.

Good luck this week.

Last weeks record update. 9-11, and should have been much better. Totals were back on point going 4-1 and I still cant understand how Marshall did not get over when they had 41 at half. Also hurts that I got a bad number. sigh.

And yes, VK, some of those losses were brutal.

Rest of Week 9 (including last night for tracking purposes)

Emich +7.5
Akron -2.5
Arkansas-Ole Miss under 64
Ville -3
Kstate -24

ND -7
ND-NCstate under 58

TCU -6.5
Penn St +7
Penn st-Ohio st under 57.5
FAU-WKY over 66.5
MU-UConn over 75
Nebraska +4.5
Tennessee +4
Georgia Tech +14

Georgia Tech +15

Last edited:
Damn. Snyder is 18 - 2 ATS against Kansas in his career. I know the state is not a recruiting hotbed but the Wizard seems to take this game fairly seriously.

Damn. Snyder is 18 - 2 ATS against Kansas in his career. I know the state is not a recruiting hotbed but the Wizard seems to take this game fairly seriously.

He does, and he tends to run it up when possible against KU. I am sure this will be the week that KU covers a spread finally, but they are a special kind of awful this year. Defense is not terrible but this will be another week where I will be surprised if they score. I would normally take the under here but I can almost see Kstate getting to that total by themselves and wouldn't want to be sweating a junk KU touchdown late.

He does, and he tends to run it up when possible against KU. I am sure this will be the week that KU covers a spread finally, but they are a special kind of awful this year. Defense is not terrible but this will be another week where I will be surprised if they score. I would normally take the under here but I can almost see Kstate getting to that total by themselves and wouldn't want to be sweating a junk KU touchdown late.
Ah K-State team total seems legit

Gluck this week Jay

Here you go, Kansas game is especially important to K-State players:

MANHATTAN

Don’t be surprised if Nick Walsh punts the ball with extra levels of distance and hang time against Kansas on Saturday. The Sunflower Showdown is personal for the Kansas State senior.

“I was a big KU fan. That is where I wanted to go,” Walsh said. “Never got an e-mail back from them. I sent them an e-mail every day in high school and sent K-State an e-mail probably every other day in high school. K-State was the one that felt sorry for me, in the end, and ended up recruiting me. So I have always had a chip on my shoulder about that.”

Walsh is one of 49 in-state products sprinkled across K-State’s football roster, and all of them place some level of extra importance on their annual rivalry game against the Jayhawks.

It’s certainly a big game for tight end Dayton Valentine, of Baldwin City. Don’t be surprised if he blocks with more enthusiasm than usual, or even catches a pass or two.The junior also grew up hoping to play for the Jayhawks. He remembers going to basketball games at Allen Fieldhouse and rooting for Mark Mangino when he coached the football team. Unlike Walsh, KU took a recruiting look at Valentine, and former coach Charlie Weis offered him a walk-on spot.

But his final decision came down to Army and K-State – the only two FBS programs that offered him a scholarship. That made for an easy choice.

“When you are a Kansas kid and you get an offer from Coach Snyder and K-State,” Valentine said, “and nobody else wants you, it is more than evident you want to prove those guys right for taking a chance on you.”

Valentine said he arrived at K-State motivated to prove KU coaches wrong, but that changed once he adjusted to life in Manhattan. Turns out, this was the right place for him. He is no longer angry with the Jayhawks, but he does want to win this game for his school. He can’t imagine the Governor’s Cup in Lawrence.

For sophomore receiver Dalton Schoen, this is his first opportunity to help the Wildcats beat the Jayhawks. Don’t be surprised if he catches another long touchdown pass. The walk-on from Overland Park grew up in a K-State house surrounded by KU fans. He wants bragging rights the next time he visits home.

“Being from Overland Park and growing up a huge K-State fan my whole life, I always wanted to go out there and play KU,” Schoen said. “I think it means a lot for everyone from the state of Kansas with it being the home state rivalry game.”

K-State coach Bill Snyder knows how to get the Wildcats to play off those emotions in this game. With a 21-4 record against the Jayhawks, including nine straight victories, he has long been considered a master-motivator when it comes to the Sunflower Showdown.

Once again, he urged K-State players to give their all this week when speaking to the entire team.

“We have an awful lot of Kansas youngsters in our program, and automatically it means something special to them,” Snyder said. “Guys from out of state, they treat it as another game, but hopefully the motivation of another game means we need to be motivated to play as well as we possibly can. But, if you’re not from in state, be there for your teammates that are from in state, because this is something they live with year in and year out.”

Walsh has been on the right side of every Sunflower Showdown since he arrived at K-State in 2013. He wants to keep that streak going on Saturday, and he is glad with how things have turned out.

“Whenever I got up here everything switched,” Walsh said. “My whole family switched over to purple and the rest is history.”

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article181073661.html

Guess kstate players weren’t that excited. Of course the Jayhawks would show up this game. And of course they still wouldn’t win

8-9-1. Another small losing week that should have been better. I feel like my busy schedule and lack of good capping are leading to these. Same scenario this week so fade at your leisure. Although I do feel like I am due for a big week before a big regression next week. But maybe the regression will happen first...

Today might be the only day I look at lines this week. So lots of totals because even though those have been hit or miss this year, I trust those on short glances more than I trust sides. Weekday MacTion always good for blind unders as well Also, lines are tighter than a virgin this week it looks like.

Week 10:

BG-Kent under 49
MiamiO-Ohio under 54
Cmich-Wmich under 49
Northern Illy +9
Navy-Temple under 55
Marshall +9
Penn St-Mich St under 48
Nebraska -1
West Virginia -2.5
Notre Dame -13
USF-UConn over 64.5
OU +3
OU-OKST over 76
Col St -2.5
Miami +2.5
Zona St -4

May god have mercy on me. But not long until non-con conference college basketball begins, where I can really make some money.

Back