Jayhawks 2017 NCAA Football

Jayhawk Nation

Voice of Reason
Will post all plays here and will update record in the second post as the year goes.

I haven't posted a dedicated thread for years and only posted plays in the in-game threads. Hopefully it goes well.

I am a flat bettor, high volume player for the most part, but most of them are game day decisions so probably wont make the thread and wont be counted towards the record if I can't post them in time.

I won't regularly post thoughts but will if asked.

Good luck to all this season.

Overall Season Record: 89-73-3
Sides: 72-56-3
Totals: 16-16
First Half sides: 0-0
First Half Totals: 0-0
Second Half Sides: 1-0
Second Half Totals: 0-0
Team Totals: 0-1

Week 1/2: 2-1
Week 1: 13-9-1
Week 2: 12-6
Week 3: 11-9
Week 4: 12-6
Week 5: 4-10-1
Week 6: 10-6
Week 7: 8-6
Week 8: 9-11
Week 9: 8-9-1

Last edited:
Week 1/2:

Colorado St -3.5
South Florida -21 (waited too long on this one, got a relatively bad line
Rice-Stanford over 51.5

Leaning towards Hawaii, but no play yet.

Last edited:
2-1 start, I'll take it. But shows the importance of getting good numbers as USF should have been at worst a push if I would have picked the spot better. Oh well, onto Week 1.

Week 1:

UCF -17
Tulsa-OKST over 69

ULM-Memphis Over 69.5 (pretty sickening based on where the line ended).
Rutgers +30
Colorado St +7
Boston College -3
Iowa -11.5
UTEP-OU over 62
Notre Dame -17

Florida +3.5
Kentucky -10
USC -27

Georgia -14
Nebraska -16.5
FSU +7

LSU -14.5

Eastern Michigan -13.5
Ohio State -20.5
Michigan -2.5 -150 (buying off after the latest round of suspensions, may get lucky and hit the middle)
Vatech-4

Ucla -3
Tennessee-3

Texas-Maryland over 58

Last edited:
13-9-1 posted in week 1. I will take that start any day. Was plus a little extra money on unposted second half plays so all in all was a good week.

Was too busy, unfortunately, to hit any of the openers for week 2, but I have a number of plays on my radar. More to follow.

Week 2 locked in:

-Purdue -4.5
-OKST -28

-OKST over 66
-Memphis +2.5 cancelled
-Kansas -5.5 (homer alert)
-Nebraska +14
-Wiscy -31.5
-Buffalo +16.5 (borderline based on my numbers, but seems like a popular CTG pick so will trust that)
-Old Dominion -4
-Kstate over 51 (my numbers put this at 64. I may be overestimating kstate offense and/or underestimating their defense, but numbers wise this is a must play. Not even sure we will need Charlotte to score to hit that number if I have this read correctly)
-Iowa -2.5
-Wake +1

-Bama -44 (worried about let down spot, but they can still name their score here, I just hope they name it 49-0)
-Arkansas +3

-Georgia +4 (I'm high on UGA this year, will likely sprinkle a bit on ML as well)
-Miss St -8
-OU +7.5

-OU over 64.5 (not sure where they got that line from, as I made it much lower. Especially after the eye tests this past weekend I think that number is nuts. Seeing a back and forth, up and down the field game that ends about 42-38. I will be on OU ML as well)
-USC -6.5 (I fucking hate USC, but numbers support this, think the line is an overreaction to week 1 results).

Last edited:
12-6 this weekend and moving right along. Not happy where some of numbers and my head were at on a couple of those losses (like the OU total, or bama), but will not complain about that type of weekend, ever.

Got a couple I really like at first glance for week 3, will post plays once I lock them in.

Definitely more to come, but this is what I bet so far...

Week 3:

UCLA -3
Wisconsin -13
Tennessee +5.5 (still vomiting out of my mouth after this one)
Tulsa +8.5
Southern Miss -6.5
Miss St. +7

Bowling Green +22
Georgia Tech -2.5 (cancelled)
Kstate -3

Last edited:
Additions for week 3:

Boise TT over 36.5 (pure degenerate action play)
Temple -14

Oklahoma st-pitt over 63
Clemson -3

Tulane +35
Oregon-Wyoming over 59.5

Last edited:
Like em except Purdue, what you seeing there? I think Mizzou throws up 50

And that SJSU/Utah total is just a bunch of weird...should go way under but odd line move on it, wouldn't be surprised to see the Utes pitch a shutout

Like em except Purdue, what you seeing there? I think Mizzou throws up 50

And that SJSU/Utah total is just a bunch of weird...should go way under but odd line move on it, wouldn't be surprised to see the Utes pitch a shutout
Yeah that total is weird. Which is why I finally had to play it. i can't see SJST putting up more than 7 and highly doubt the Utes can handle the rest of that number. Gonna be some long possessions

On Missouri, I just don't trust their defense, and one simple coachin change isn't going to make a difference in one week. Purdue has a serviceable offense and even if Missouri puts up 50 I think Purdue will be right behind them. I kept finding reasons not to play this game but had to pull the trigger as I got more comfortable with Purdue's offense

Reactions: KJ
11-9 in week 3. Got a couple bad breaks, and got a couple good breaks. Still pissed off at the Tenn game. I'd bet Florida doesn't complete pass that long the rest of the year.

Like every week so far, ML sprinkles are winning a little more than the record reflects, but Sunday stupidity is losing me some more off the top of that. Really, really need to just stop betting in the NFL. I'm not good at it, and usually doing family shit so can't even watch it, so why bother?

Week 4:
  1. USF-Temple over 58.5 (really got to avoid betting to bet, but then I wouldn't be as cool as I am...but in reality I don't see Temple stopping USF and think Temple will get a few to help out as well, thinking a 40-20 type game. Borderline based on my numbers but its the Thursday game so betting it)
  2. Utah -3 (seems like a real fishy line to me, but another degenerate play for Friday night action)
  3. WVU -21 (when your own team makes you cry, bet on the other team)
  4. Pitt-GTECH over 60 (worried about GTECH rust, but think they can march it up and down on Pitt almost as good as okst did, and Pitt will score as well)
  5. UCF +3.5 (should be an entertaining game, but I think this line is much higher than it should be and is probably more due to how good texas played against USC than any objective criteria)
  6. Wake -4.5 (don't think they will have any trouble scoring here and don't think Appy can keep up)
  7. Bama -18.5 (not a believer in Vandy. Kstate is not a defense in the same league as Bama. Vandy may get goose egged here and while I don't necessarily think Bama will score at will, short fields and turnovers will help them easily get to the covering number)
  8. OKST -13 (I don't know what to make of TCU and I think I have bad numbers on them, but I know OKST well and I think they roll here)
  9. Cal +16.5 (odd line to throw up after last weekend. Scary actually as I was expecting 10-11 and still would have bet Cal. But I don't think USC is going to be capable of blowing out this in state rival who actually looked pretty good to me last week)
  10. Michigan -10 (I was one of the few backing purdue last week against mizzou, and I do like what I see out of the boilermakers, but still think this number is short and Michigan rolls)
  11. Akron +15.5 (who is troy to lay over 2 td's to an akron offense that is actually quite good? Have not been impressed by troy enough this year to not bite on this number)
  12. Georgia -6.5 (said it a few weeks ago against ND, I am high on UGA this year and think this may be the year they live up to their expectations. Miss St impressed me last weekend and won me a nice chunk of change, but the situation is terrible for them and at under a td I have to back Georgia at home after the warm up week they had last week)
  13. Florida -2.5 (maybe the gators can help me clean the vomit out of my beard they caused last weekend? Seriously though, it is KY and I am not sure how they move the ball on Florida to score enough to win a 9-3 game)
  14. ND -4.5 (I think sparty sucks. Nuff said)
  15. Washington -10 (don't see how, if ever, Colorado will get a defensive stop here).

Last edited:
Still eyeing:

-Ohio st-UNLV over. THink OSU may be able to score 64 on their own here. But just in case I am unsire of how much help I will get out of UNLV to hit that mark. May play Ohio St TT over once I see a number
-Houston
-BC
-Oklahoma (I stupidly got in their way last week, won't make that mistake again. I missed the good opening numbers and my site now sits at 28.5. If it ever drops again I will play it. If not, may be another one I wait for the TT on.
-Iowa (got some more research to do here. I think they can win the game but I just get scared by their lack of an offense)
-Auburn (because Mizzou is awful)
-Stanford (probably not, but I love the late games for degenerate drunken haze action. I am already on Washington but commercials do happen)

I'm a homer but I'll be all on my Tide this week. Ok thinking a 27-30 point victory. Also I'm gonna be big on Utah, Oklahoma st. And Washington. Also love West Virginia and Florida. All 6 may be max bets from me. But definitely all will be large. I like pretty much all your plays. Great minds think alike lol

GL, damn hate seeing you against the Bruins in such a clutch situational spot for them

Be UW all day once I can get 10 even if I have to purchase it

GL, damn hate seeing you against the Bruins in such a clutch situational spot for them

Be UW all day once I can get 10 even if I have to purchase it
I'm not against them yet, just the way I was leaning. I likely won't play it as I doubt I see a good enough number for it.

I'd play UW up to 14 so prolly worth your while waiting to see if you can get 10 or leas

I'm a homer but I'll be all on my Tide this week. Ok thinking a 27-30 point victory. Also I'm gonna be big on Utah, Oklahoma st. And Washington. Also love West Virginia and Florida. All 6 may be max bets from me. But definitely all will be large. I like pretty much all your plays. Great minds think alike lol
Glad to see we agree. Like a lot of these a lot this week and depending on where numbers go I may be adding more

Well let's make some hefty dough this weekend bud. :cheers3:

Added more on Georgia twice. Really think they roll, and love that it keeps dropping. Also someone said Lang was on miss st so that’s good enough for me

Georgia -3
Georgia -2.5

Last edited:
12-6 overall in week 4. Sitting at about 61% for the year which is great, but got me scared because I am sure a regression is coming at some point. Just hope it is a small one and not some sort of 3-15 type week

Also had my first winning week in the NFL (5-0 in pick club bitches) so was a good weekend overall

Was really happy about a few of the games that I capped perfectly, but really not happy where my totals are. 0-2 this week, and some others that I had on my radar that I did not play would have also been losers as well. May be laying off those while I adjust my numbers. Also not happy with my Big 12 performance. Usually solid in my own conference but not seeing it that well right now. I admitted I may not value TCU enough, but OU-Baylor was just a poor capping job.

Onto week 5.

Wish I was good enough to be a professional gambler, because work got in the way of me getting a lot of good numbers so I had to pass on a lot of plays for now. Here is what I locked in so far for week 5:

-Miami -6.5
-Nebraska -6.5
(Can't believe I am betting on this team again)
-BYU -3
-USC -3.5 (this could go bad. Feel like I have some good numbers on USC but not wash st, so who knows. Plus this makes 4 road favorites on Friday night a
and that never ends well)
-Iowa +3.5 (normally I would not play a team in this let down spot, and I probably still shouldn't, but a: Iowa is a very focused well coached team that can get over that quickly; and b: same rationale as last week, Michigan st sucks. Only concern is this is Iowa's first trip outside the state this season)
-Tulsa +5
-Cal +14.5
(ride her til she bucks you. Cal is still getting undervalued IMO. 3 for 3 as a dog this year. Actually borderline play based on my numbers but one of those you have to play until it stops hitting)
-Vandy +10 (Florida keeps making me vomit on myself. But I think this line is a huge overreaction to the ass whooping Vandy just had put on them. But Alabama Florida is not)
-Georgia -6.5 (another ride or die this year. Actually not a fan of this one but Tenn has been very underwhelming all year)
-Miss St +10 (they keep overreacting to Miss St. games-or maybe its SEC games since I see this in almost all of them. First, they overreact to the LSU game and put a stupid number out there against Georgia. Now, Miss St gets pounded by Georgia and goes way the other way and puts a stupid number out against Auburn. I know Auburn just killed Missouri and all...)
-OKST -10 (tough to know how they will react after last week, but all things being equal they should cover this number with ease)
-Memphis +3.5 (I bet this a couple weeks ago when the situational spot was better, now just sticking to my guns)

Last edited:
On the radar but not played because I missed good numbers:

Kentucky
Wisconsin
Buffalo

If these ever regress I will be on them.

As I said, I am avoiding totals for the week on purpose, although there is plenty to like out there.

I can't believe I played 12 games, and 4 of them are on Friday night primetime, and they are all road favorites. I can just feel myself kicking myself in the nuts already.

GL to all.

Im gonna be my almost all those this week as well. Let's cash these tickets bro. And on Nebraska I feel the same way lol. I keep betting em myself

Got my shit pushed in last weekend. 4-10-1. Hoping that was a one week regression and get back on track. Record updated in Post 2. Still in the black but damn that hurt.

Only bright spot was the games I stayed away from for various reasons also lost.

Not a whole lot I like this week, haven't locked anything in yet.

Last edited:
Busy as hell at work so feel like I am rushing it this week, which probably isn't a good thing. But have to hit the road tomorrow for a work trip so have no time to slow it down. Oh well, all for fun...

Ville -3
Memphis -13.5
Temple -2.5

Duke-UVA over 53
Pitt +3.5
WVU +14
Miami -3
Texas -3.5

Texas-kstate under 50
Bama-aTM over 54

Maryland-Ohio st over 60.5
Zona +7