Jaworski replacing Theismann in MNF booth - 1 down, 1 to go

• Thread starter Thread starter scourge
  • Start date Start date
S

scourge

There will be a quarterback change in the Monday Night Football broadcast booth for the 2007 season.

<table id="inlinetable" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="200"> <tbody><tr><th colspan="1" style="background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><center>ESPN Radio</center></th> </tr><tr style="background-color: rgb(236, 236, 236);" valign="top"> <td width="184">
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]
jaworski_ron_m.jpg

Jaworski[/FONT]

Appearing on the Dan Patrick Show, Ron Jaworsk said he was honored to be a part of the legendary Monday Night Football broadcasting booth.
Listen
in.gif
listen.gif
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Ron Jaworski will join Mike Tirico and Tony Kornheiser on the ESPN telecast. Jaworski replaces Joe Theismann, who has been offered a prominent football analyst job with the network.

"We appreciate the work Joe has done for 19 years and continue to talk with him about another high-profile football role with ESPN."
Michele Tafoya and Suzy Kolber will continue as sideline reporters.

Norby Williamson, ESPN's executive vice president for studio and remote production, said chemistry was not the reason for the change.

"I thought Joe and Tony got along very well, and I thought the dialogue was good and was conversational," he said. "I think we're going to build on last year. We had a fantastic first year. I was happy with the booth and I think we're in a position now of continuing to move it forward and to build on it."

Jaworski, who played 17 years in the NFL, most notably as quarterback of the Eagles, joined ESPN in 1990. He has been a prominent NFL analyst for the network and his studio duties will now be spread among ESPN's other NFL analysts, including newcomers Emmitt Smith and Bill Parcells.

"I'm an 'Xs-and-Os' guy. I love breaking down the game. I love the strategy of the game," Jaworski said in a conference call. "That's the beauty of what I will bring to the table is that insight of 'Xs and Os.'"

Jaworski, who regularly appears on ESPN's Pardon The Interruption, hosted by Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon, said he has been friends with Kornheiser for over a decade.

"It's been a wonderful [relationship] thus far, but certainly now the stage is bigger and brighter," Jaworski said. "I think our role, people will see how well we do get along."

Theismann, a storied quarterback in Redskins history, was the NFL's MVP in 1983 and led Washington to victory in Super Bowl XVII.

Last season, ESPN's coverage of Monday Night Football was the most-watched series in the history of cable television and the only NFL series nominated for a 2007 Sports Emmy in the Outstanding Live Sports Series category.

Nine of the top 10 on the list of cable television's biggest household audiences ever came from ESPN's coverage of Monday Night Football in 2006, including the Giants-Cowboys game on Oct. 23, 2006, which ranks No. 1 all-time with a 12.8 rating.

:bow:No more Theismann:bow:​

Theisman was solid. Kornheiser will definately either totally change his style this year or be let go following the season.

The show won't miss a step w/ Jaws. He has a lot of football knowledge.

Yeah he's a great commentator, love him Sunday mornings on NFL matchup, it'll run very smoothly

There are rumours that Theismann is going to be doing College Football at ESPN.....I fucken hope not!

finally they do a smart thing and add someone decent now get rid of the dumbfuck Korn. I can't enjoy a single game with this douchebags cause he makes the irrelevant comments. I hope Jaws embarasses that fuck.

you guys must be off your rocker..... I agree that JAWS is an upgrade, but come on we dont want to be bored to death. Alot of the time these are piss pour matchups. This show got huge huge ratings for the games we saw. Kornheiser is the perfect fit for Monday Night Football. The guy knows alot about sports, however he acts more like an entertainer, simplifying the game for many of the people watching it. Honestly I want to be entertained, because there is no analyst I am going to seriously listen too. They get it wrong most of the time anyways.

Oh yeah Tony is the Man! I may just change my avatar now.

I saw this on espn news the other day, how is this news???? Someone else is broad casting the MNF telecast i don't mean to disrespect anyone elses opinion/view here but i really do not see how this is news.

why is it that people cannot stand tony? He does not take it that seriously....

Charles would be fine with me. As much as I do like Tony K in the booth, anyone who is not dry is fine with me. And they need at the very least one funny personality (like a tony or charles type) I just cannot stand the announcers who take this job seriously calling themselves experts, and then picking worse SU then I get ATS.....

In one of my classes they were talking about economic experts prediciting if interest rates will go up or down in the future. On average most of these experts predicted the direction wrong then those who got it right. reminds me of espn.

also another reason why faldo is the man when it comes to golf.... his one-liners are 2nd to none in my oppinion, and I hear them over and over as I belittle my buddies in Tiger 07'

Back