Jason Kidd is the new Nets coach

• Thread starter Thread starter Mokey
  • Start date Start date
he's a smart pg, he knows the game... he is similar to mark jackson in that regard but I think jackson is more suited to be a coach with his motivational words and such... obviously kidd has a lot to learn as a coach but i dont really know why you would want shaw? If the nets can't land a big name coach like van gundy or even george karl, kidd is the only choice imo.... the old fashioned coaches clearly are not working so i dont see why its not worth a shot with kidd

Obviously. So let's hire him to run our NBA franchise right now. That 'learning the job' is actually just overrated right? lol

Mark Jackson didn't step off the court and into coaching. He was a broadcaster, he went to a lot of different practices. Its not a comparable situation whatsoever.

:shake:

He was also an assistant coach wasn't he? He may not have been, but I thought he was.

Mattingly's roomate in the Yankee farm system, Buck Schowalter who never made in the bigs can coach with the best of them...further proof that the guys who grind all their life make the best coaches.

Now thats a motherfucking manager.

oh and how about our friend Isiah Thomas.......want to pull out his track record as a coach? :)
I mean he is a MVP, one of the greatest guards, so he must be a damn good coach!

He hasn't had a chance, really, to even change his mind about retirement yet. D Will gets hurt, or just looks plain awful, and Kidd gets the idea to come back and play as well as manage. When's the last time there was a player/coach in the NBA?

:tiphat:

The Greatest Hockey Player of all time didn't do so well as a coach...

As per Mark Jackson, he took time off to study and analyze, he learnt, he wasn't thrown into the Wolves. Also he works well with youngsters, Kidd is thrown into a team with a bunch of headaches and ridiculous expectations.

Doc Rivers did similar in the nineties...

Back