Jason Babin Cut

Alex brings up a good point though

Whos the qb going forward?

It sure as hell ain't Foles. He's awful

Do you reach for Geno smith or Matt Barkley?

Alex smith? Trade for Flynn?

The best optiOn might be Vick......

No, no, no, no, no, and no. Geno and Barkley will both be busts as NFL QBs. Shit, neither of them have been that great in fucking college this season.

cant bring Vick back because you have to pay him AND you know he can't stay healthy for more than 10 games a season. Draft a guy in the second or third round to compete with Foles and see if you find a gem. There's no other way these days in the NFL

No, no, no, no, no, and no. Geno and Barkley will both be busts as NFL QBs. Shit, neither of them have been that great in fucking college this season.

cant bring Vick back because you have to pay him AND you know he can't stay healthy for more than 10 games a season. Draft a guy in the second or third round to compete with Foles and see if you find a gem. There's no other way these days in the NFL

No ones gonna pay Vick the $15 million or whatever hes supposed to get next year

Not out of the realm of possibility at all that they restructure and bring him back

Not seeing many better options out there?

you guys are fucking killing me with Foles. Im nto saying hes the next Tom Brady, but plenty of guys come to the NFL raw and need to learn some things. Its amazing, the Ryan/Flacco year changed everything. Before that it was not only acceptable, but expected for young qbs to not play at first, and then when they do get into some games, to struggle a bit. Now weve had guys like Cam and Rg3 and Luck, and now the standard is that you have to come into the NFL and produce right away.

my god, give the kid time.

As far as this being stuff he should have learned in college, i dont know who Zonas qb coach is, but id bet hes dogshit. He also spent the last 2 years with a shitty supporting cast.

My buddy was boys with Pat Devlin in college, and Devlin, a former top recruit not Dolphins 3rd string, transferred to Delaware from Penn State. He said "I was a better qb in HS than I am now because PSU coaches completely fucked me up"

Let the kid learn, hes got a good body for qb and maybe we havent watched the same guy, but I like his arm. It doesnt always happen right away. He wasn't drafted to play this year.

Foles cannot play QB in the NFL at a high level. I knew this before they drafted him and Igs Nation will know it by mid-year next year. It's not about the physical, he doesn't have the mind for it and that's not something he can develop, you either have it or you don't (see Andrew Luck vs. Brandon Weeden). Moving on is always better than holding out and hoping for the best.

Alex brings up a good point though

Whos the qb going forward?

It sure as hell ain't Foles. He's awful

Do you reach for Geno smith or Matt Barkley?

Alex smith? Trade for Flynn?

The best optiOn might be Vick......

hostess brings up

You could probably talk me into Alex Smith

Id hate myself for it, but it could be done

No way Balty lets Flacco go, right?

No, but why would you want him? He's not the guy to take you to the next level. Flacco is the poor mans Steve McNair.

No reason to take Alex Smith unless Jim Harbaugh is coming along with him

Right but look whats available

Flacco is clearly better than all of them

Gets back to my premise - havent heard one viable option better than a restructured Mike Vick

Dan your comparing Foles to Flacco and Ryan? They looked much better then he looks now. Both have had winning years every year theyve been in the league off the top of my head

The only QB I can think of that "developed" is Brees

Another QB who was kind of bad was Ben, however, we went 15-1 that year. A game manager needs a good team. You guys dont have a good team. So yeah hes pretty much done. Taking a shot at Barkley is your best chance right now. Geno Smith will be 5 more years of awful

None of those guys was ever kind of bad, just adjusting to NFL speed. Foles is never going to make that leap and neither is Barkley. Guy has had the best 2 WRs in CFB for 2 years now and still does not impress me at all. Pass.

YearCompAttYardsPct.TDsIntRatingAttYdsAvgTD
2009211352273559.91514131.345-38-0.82
2010236377279162.62612141.234-17-0.52
2012226349297264.83313160.023-75-3.30

<tbody>
[TH="colspan: 8"]Passing[/TH]

[TH="colspan: 4"]Rushing[/TH]

</tbody>

None of those guys was ever kind of bad, just adjusting to NFL speed. Foles is never going to make that leap and neither is Barkley. Guy has had the best 2 WRs in CFB for 2 years now and still does not impress me at all. Pass.

He also has Lane Kiffin calling the shots though so...

Dan your comparing Foles to Flacco and Ryan? They looked much better then he looks now. Both have had winning years every year theyve been in the league off the top of my head

The only QB I can think of that "developed" is Brees

flacco wasnt a good qb his rookie year. i watched a lot bc i was excited about him from UD. But he wasnt ready and really wasnt that good. he got in bc two guys got hurt. He threw very minimally and let the running and the defense carry teh team. his job was to not screw it up. Nothing wrong with that, its how you develop a quarterback

Ill go down as being the only guy on this board to stand by Foles. I think saying "he cant play" after 2 starts is just absurd. If he doesnt progress at all this year, and especially if he still sucks next year after an offseason of 1st team reps, ill eat crow.

If Foles next 5 games go like his past 2 (and I see no reason they wont) the Eagles would be insane to have him as the QB1 going into next season

Let's all just chill on Foles. Let the season play out, looks like a rookie QB, no big deal, he does not have a full grasp of the O and is locking onto guys..

How's this scenerio? Birds hire Chip Kelly then all they have to do is go sign all the ex oregon QB's(Dennis Dixon, Darin Thomas, Masoli) let them all run the offense as they will all take a beating by running the ball and just play the next man up!

I mean the fucking Panthers are god awful

and if they could catch, they woulda had about 3 picks

in fairness, almost every game features 1 or 2 missed picks.

also, how bout giving foles a few weeks of 1st team reps and how bout getting him a decent line! that same problem goes for vick, but i just cant stand vick's lack of intelligence in all facets of the game, whether it be when to slide, when to throw the ball away, or picking up blitzes.

Am I saying that Foles is the savior? Nah. If there were guys in this draft like last years, even Tannehill, I'd say trade up and go get em. But who are the other options:

Alex Smith, no thanks

Matt Flynn, no thanks

Geno Smith, Id be ok on this moreso than the next option, but I still see bust potential

Barkley, going to be a bust, just like USC qbs always do.

Vick? see above

Smoke, its kind of like what the Flyers did when they needed a goalie and Bryz was the biggest name goalie who became a free agent. They overpaid and it was a trainwreck. I think the Philies are gonna end up doing the same thing for an outfielder if they sign Upton. You can't force these things, and lack of other options doesnt make mediocre players any better. You are better off going with Foles for 1 year (you're probably not doing anything next year anyway, it will be a rebuilding year), and if he sucks, then reassess next years draft and next years free agent class.

wade thats actually hilarious. Honestly I dont know why Dixon isnt in the league. Hes at least backup or 3rd string caliber compared to teh guys who do have jobs.

As much as I'd love to see Chip Kelly in the NFL, I can't really see Philly fans being too forgiving the first time he decides to go for it on 4th and 1 from his own 20...

As much as I'd love to see Chip Kelly in the NFL, I can't really see Philly fans being too forgiving the first time he decides to go for it on 4th and 1 from his own 20...

i trust he wont do this, but i would love nothing more for him to be the guy who finally has the balls to go for 4th and 1's and 4th and 2's from the 50 through the opponents 35 on a consistent basis.

i would welcome that kind of playcalling. the NFL is full of bland boring gameplanning n game calling.

So Darin Thomas and Masoli are both up in the CFL riding the pine, Kelly brings them in. trades a 27th rd pick for Dennis Dixon and there it is

The play of Babin this year has been as bad as his tatoos. Needed to be cut, dude is way past it.

Case of inmates running the asylum with Andy in charge - hate to say but Reid couldn't keep his family on the right path so I doubt he'd have much control in the locker room. Get a hard nosed, no nonsense HC in and it will do fucking wonders...

i was talking to smoke, pinstripes, and silky about this on twitter yesterday, but i was running and it just hit me who the perfect qb would be to get and bring in to compete with Foles and potentially start. Would probably cost a 3rd or 4th rounder. Would be amazing with Chip Kelly. Number one on my Eagles wish list....

Joe Webb. Make it happen

Can you mods stop slacking and change DWowws user title to 'Nick Foles Fan Club President' already?

Back