January Discussion Thread

I'm going to kick myself for not jumping on a perfect opportunity in that game.

But, to illustrate...

These are the types of games we're looking for.

Multiple starters out for one team, catching multiple possessions. Always worth a very small ML play as well. Pacers controlled this game the entire way.
It JUST happened Pels vs Dallas G1

It’s been good to us all

Thank you.

I know Twink had alerted me about it that night, just couldn't remember the #.

Hawkins went off.
Then they played Monday and I was set to take Dallas but they turned in to a pretty big pub dog at +4.5. Over thought it and put Pels in a ML parlay. No bueno.

Last edited:
Pels have a big one vs Suns tonight. Another cable game here (fuck Ballys) new Skeleton Court and the black and neon green unis(my boys love em so I’ll let them judge)

Then I think Pels are off until…Tuesday?

Unders are out there for the taking right now.

We still are seeing plenty of 70 point quarters in the league but we're seeing plenty of quarters 35-45 again too.

Plenty of games we'll see a score line..

Or as I saw in Knicks and Wiz the other night...

That included like 29 in last 2:33 or so.

These games are wild but we have some inflation on totals from the first few months.

Just watch your pace numbers and FTs.

Although, you can have a great pace like tonight in Nola to start and have one team take a turd the next quarter.

Charlotte starting to become fun again with some health.

Pels have a big one vs Suns tonight. Another cable game here (fuck Ballys) new Skeleton Court and the black and neon green unis(my boys love em so I’ll let them judge)

Then I think Pels are off until…Tuesday?
So I asked you about the court and totally forgot about this post.

Yeah, definitely kick ass for kids.

I had to squint though haha

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ
Obviously a tragic situation for the Warrior's staff.

They'll have to makeup some games. Shall be interesting where those get scheduled into.

Unders are out there for the taking right now.

We still are seeing plenty of 70 point quarters in the league but we're seeing plenty of quarters 35-45 again too.

Plenty of games we'll see a score line..

Or as I saw in Knicks and Wiz the other night...

That included like 29 in last 2:33 or so.

These games are wild but we have some inflation on totals from the first few months.

Just watch your pace numbers and FTs.

Although, you can have a great pace like tonight in Nola to start and have one team take a turd the next quarter.

Charlotte starting to become fun again with some health.
Yep …..had some 1H overs…..after 1 quarter looking good and then they shit bed 2nd quarter….

Fun fact: Last night's 70 and 62 point efforts from Embiid and KAT are only the fourth time in NBA history that two players scored 60+ the same night. The last time it happened most basketball fans remember the scoring race between David Thompson and George Gervin in 1978 where on the last day the Iceman pumped in 63 to trump Skywalker's 73 to win the title.

The first time it happened was 12/8/61, when Wilt and Elgin Baylor hooked up in a 3 OT thriller that Baylor's Lakers won 151-147. Baylor scored 63 on 55 shots while Wilt poured in 78 on 62 shots.

What's really interesting is that Wilt's Warriors had just started a 3 game set on consecutive nights at home. They proceeded to win the next two nights over the Walt Bellamy and the Chicago Packers. Wilt scored 61 and 55 in those two games, and HE PLAYED EVERY MINUTE OF ALL THREE GAMES (159 minutes in all).

The second time it happened was also in the 61-62 season on 1/17/62 and it was Wilt again with 62 only this time Jerry West was scoring 63 in a different game. Even more impressive, the Warriors were starting a homestand of five games in five nights......the first and last games went to OT, Wilt scored 62, 54, 53, 44 and 62, and once again played every minute of each game.

Fun fact: Last night's 70 and 62 point efforts from Embiid and KAT are only the fourth time in NBA history that two players scored 60+ the same night. The last time it happened most basketball fans remember the scoring race between David Thompson and George Gervin in 1978 where on the last day the Iceman pumped in 63 to trump Skywalker's 73 to win the title.

The first time it happened was 12/8/61, when Wilt and Elgin Baylor hooked up in a 3 OT thriller that Baylor's Lakers won 151-147. Baylor scored 63 on 55 shots while Wilt poured in 78 on 62 shots.

What's really interesting is that Wilt's Warriors had just started a 3 game set on consecutive nights at home. They proceeded to win the next two nights over the Walt Bellamy and the Chicago Packers. Wilt scored 61 and 55 in those two games, and HE PLAYED EVERY MINUTE OF ALL THREE GAMES (159 minutes in all).

The second time it happened was also in the 61-62 season on 1/17/62 and it was Wilt again with 62 only this time Jerry West was scoring 63 in a different game. Even more impressive, the Warriors were starting a homestand of five games in five nights......the first and last games went to OT, Wilt scored 62, 54, 53, 44 and 62, and once again played every minute of each game.
Wait, he didn't "rest" in some of those games?

Bro fired...

Beetlejuice Just Hanging Around GIF - Beetlejuice Just Hanging Around GIFs

Last edited:
Just need to point out I had under 245.5 in Houston.

J Grant bank 3 to force OT 124-124.

Situational hoops occuring at MSG...

Last of 4 for the Nugs

Home to Sixers and Bucks Sat/Mon.

This wasn't an interesting game for them.

Why did they play Embiid with a bad knee tonight against a dog like Draymond?

So fucking dumb by the Sixers.

everyone knows how much i despise nba reg season, well until that goofy tourney this year that made for couple easiest reg season bets my life!! and few pretty good fading lakers after was over. i don't think this is that kinda lock lakers winning the bron invitational was but isn't Dame to hit his props like a stone cold lock tonight? this gonna be a total love fest! dame stuck around way longer than he should have, kept blazers mostly relevant for a decade, showed up and played not cheating any kiddos out seeing their fav player! i mean if we wanted to cap x's and o's which i find pointless for nba reg season it not like blazers are locking pg's down! no resson to play d on dame tonight! let him get his flowers!! bucks can take off from playing d so the blazers can feel good bout the players they got to build, that way we can have "Dame time in 4th"! think he get well before then but think there plenty of paths to give Dane his flowers! either way i feel like this a must bet right?? alt numbers?

the dead last in drives to basket surprised me but i assume it kinda misleading, like im sure bron still going to the rack a bunch and assume he takes a decent share of the ft attempts? lot of AD shots are prob not considered drives but many are still the kind of shots you gonna draw more fouls on low post moves opposed to jumpers. without diving into it cause i really don't wanna spend much time on nba the only way id say it all that suspect would be if bron and ad wernt taking a huge percentage of the extra fts. havnt watched a laker game since they won the lebron invitational but if memory serves me correcly reeves is at lesst hslf soccer player with way he flails flops around out there getting those jsmes hsrden type calls (i been saying since he becane a rocket his "style" not only trash to watch but would inevitably usher in more of it! i grew up modeling lot my post game from Hakeem the dream so my post game is oh so pretty! these kids watched harden lookmg like he was havinv a seizure with the herky jerky motion capped off by a flop on contact!! so there bunch more free throws for lakers that prob not drives as resves initiates that contact quick he can! i saw few highlights the gs/la game where i heerd lot of bitching bout ft discrepancy, from what i saw the warriors shot enough 3s for me to wonder if it was a freaking record! listening to a coach complain bout fts who had 2 players combine to shoot almost 40 3s doesn't exactly ring genuine in my head! a team w aging hof'ers gonna get some freebies and even if la isn't driving at a high clip the right ppl are and i can't imagine they way high up in 3 point attempts either. any team jacking 40% or more their shots from behind the arc isn't getting any damn sympathy from me when it comes to wanting more trips to the ft line!!

i guess i lost so much on ravens last week, got bent over so badly curtesy debo tapping out against packers, and a shout out to mahomes not hitting his rush prop either the last 2 weeks which were seriously the only times i ever recall not cashing his rush props in 5-6 years of playoff games draft kings decided i was no longer scary enough to give me those garbage $5 limits on bonus bets and profit boost! that said i have a $50 risk free nba bet tonight, seems like a waste of time just betting it on Dame dolla, when they give me the chance to bust their head i prefer to do it! anyone have a nba play they feel strongly bout? i'll add 2-3 to dame if there 2/3 good suggestions!

i guess i lost so much on ravens last week, got bent over so badly curtesy debo tapping out against packers, and a shout out to mahomes not hitting his rush prop either the last 2 weeks which were seriously the only times i ever recall not cashing his rush props in 5-6 years of playoff games draft kings decided i was no longer scary enough to give me those garbage $5 limits on bonus bets and profit boost! that said i have a $50 risk free nba bet tonight, seems like a waste of time just betting it on Dame dolla, when they give me the chance to bust their head i prefer to do it! anyone have a nba play they feel strongly bout? i'll add 2-3 to dame if there 2/3 good suggestions!
Just realized I have that $50 too. Also a $100 SGP with 100% boost. The Durant and Dame boosts with their teams to win are basically bets on their teams to win at plus $ odds, only $25 apiece on those but Durant 15+ points and Dame 25+ just seem like no brainers.

everyone knows how much i despise nba reg season, well until that goofy tourney this year that made for couple easiest reg season bets my life!! and few pretty good fading lakers after was over. i don't think this is that kinda lock lakers winning the bron invitational was but isn't Dame to hit his props like a stone cold lock tonight? this gonna be a total love fest! dame stuck around way longer than he should have, kept blazers mostly relevant for a decade, showed up and played not cheating any kiddos out seeing their fav player! i mean if we wanted to cap x's and o's which i find pointless for nba reg season it not like blazers are locking pg's down! no resson to play d on dame tonight! let him get his flowers!! bucks can take off from playing d so the blazers can feel good bout the players they got to build, that way we can have "Dame time in 4th"! think he get well before then but think there plenty of paths to give Dane his flowers! either way i feel like this a must bet right?? alt numbers?
good matchup for Simons here and maybe he'll be motivated too? we're not getting a discount on his points line after two down games unfortunately

good matchup for Simons here and maybe he'll be motivated too? we're not getting a discount on his points line after two down games unfortunately

you know it kinda crossed my mind i could see this being a game where bucks happy to let it be a up and down game. make blazers fans feel good bout the guys they have, maybe even sets up for late game Dame time! i've come to the conclusion capping nba or going about trying to bet it anything like other sports where im looking for "value" or attempting to put numbers on guys is the reason i've never liked or had much success outside that season i must have stumbled on to those 3 point props a few months earth where i was seriously betting over 1.5 and 2.5 on guys shooting 7-8-9 or more a night!! whatever happened they fixed it and i went back to suckin at nba reg season and in the process wasted a whole ncaa season last year getting crushed trying to figure out how i hit all those nba props at that clip!!! this year so happy being back doing ncaa but have hit couple the easiest nba reg season bets ever when i realized bron to win that stupid trophy! then fading them a few after, on kobe death day playing some the guys who worshipped him overs! all the best nba cappers i ever known were situational, falls right in line with my biggest weakness!! it all makes sense to me now! you still ain't gonna catch me playing a bunch of nba but Dame tonight, yes sir. no clue where his number usually is, im sure there no "value". i laid -9 w knicks last week against heat cause knocks rolling since trade, you know how little i think of heat and they been awful, im
sure that was a redic square line to bet but all i saw was a team who playing well and been knocked out by that overachieving no talent heat team with a chance to bust their heads, i have no doubt the math said heat or nothing.

anyways, i was planning on pounding the Dame play, right before doing so i saw that risk free bet shoot up. i still put a hundo on dame straight but figured id come take care of theresa and see if ya'll had some thiughts on card as im never gonna use a 50 free to win 45-50! im gonna try to make it pay as much as possible within reason! i like the simmons idea, what bout dame over 3.5 treys? dame points and treys + summons turns that 50 into 250,

Just realized I have that $50 too. Also a $100 SGP with 100% boost. The Durant and Dame boosts with their teams to win are basically bets on their teams to win at plus $ odds, only $25 apiece on those but Durant 15+ points and Dame 25+ just seem like no brainers.

i just saw one pop up for dame 25+ and bucks to win +150 but it just $25 max

i just saw one pop up for dame 25+ and bucks to win +150 but it just $25 max
Fanduel just sent out a $50 max KD 20+ pts and Booker 2+ treys at +130 boost also. Add them all up and can get some decent return on shit neither you or I bet on much. Usually I don't like those boosts but I can see them tonight. $100 100% boost 3 leg SGP only has to be -500 or less, considering how lines can be moved on those it seems reasonable.

His contract is heavily incentivized by making all-pro etc. He's likely going to lose a LOT of money due to a hamstring.

I completely agree with him.

only the knicks had a better January than the cavs. now the cavs are healthy with Mobley and Garland back...i'm interested to see how they fair in Feb as I think they could very well be overvalued in the market

only the knicks had a better January than the cavs. now the cavs are healthy with Mobley and Garland back...i'm interested to see how they fair in Feb as I think they could very well be overvalued in the market
Good point.

Both teams steamrolled through January, although last night's Pistons game made sense after the Clippers game.

Brunson SOOOO good. He's my favorite current NBA player. He'd fit in many different eras.

Good point.

Both teams steamrolled through January, although last night's Pistons game made sense after the Clippers game.

Brunson SOOOO good. He's my favorite current NBA player. He'd fit in many different eras.
Yup definitely a Brunson fan. to be clear I meant cleveland specifically - i don't think Garland/Mitchell is a fit, same with Mobley/Allen

Let's see how this Lakers game goes BUT this would qualify @pb278817 and others.

Two stars out.

Lakers +14.5 was the bet.

I got caught up today and decided to take night off -- just realized this in full.

Let's see how this Lakers game goes BUT this would qualify @pb278817 and others.

Two stars out.

Lakers +14.5 was the bet.

I got caught up today and decided to take night off -- just realized this in full.
Lakers 13-24 on threes, still in 1h

On cue.

Back