Its Official Now

TroyStacks

18" Pythons
Every team in NCAAF is inconsistent and no one besides the lone undefeated from the B10 deserves to play for the championship. UNLESS rutgers beats WVU as well. Boise plays like garbage and would be a horible opponenet in a championship game. Rutgers still needs to be WVU before I believe in them.

I'm am shocked that that louisville could not keep rutgers from winning after getting up that big. They really fucked everything up. If Rutgers goes undefeated and ends up playing Michigan or the Buckeyes it will be the worst Championship game ever. I am hoping my Mountaineers will be able to knock off the Jersey garbage so a deserving one loss texas or florida or USC gets to play for the chamionship.

Even if RU beats wvu they wont play for the title. There are several 1 loss teams that will get in before RU and Boise. UF, USC will all get in before RU. One of them have to win out. I really dont think either will though. I would have to see who else is in front of RU. A loss by osu to UM could still possibly put osu in the title game.

Either Boises or RU would get slaughtered by OSU or UM. It would be the worst rated NC game so far. Easy win for the Big 10 school. Which would be fine with me for OSU.

When it was 25-22 in the 4th quarter and the crowd was all jacked, there was no way Rutgers was not winning that game.

california will play in title game

if florida or usc run out ,then either will play, but niether of these 2 teams will do that, cal will crush usc and auburn will get florida , leaving cal to go play in title game where they will win ,rutgers has no chance ,not only that i think wv beats em so talking about ru is pointless in my opinion

moneydog said:
if florida or usc run out ,then either will play, but niether of these 2 teams will do that, cal will crush usc and auburn will get florida , leaving cal to go play in title game where they will win ,rutgers has no chance ,not only that i think wv beats em so talking about ru is pointless in my opinion

Exactly how I think it plays out. USC will lose 2 of the next 4 IMO. UF losses 1 and Cal runs it.

Your wrong about Auburn, Their injuries are piling up and their offense hasnt been clicking, I dont think Auburn will be in the Championship anyways, they may even be upset this weekend.

I love how everyone forgets about Texas on this forum. Thank god the voters haven't since Texas will be at #3 in all polls except the BCS.

Texas though doesn't have a good ranking in the computer polls but it will as soon as they play A&M and Flordia takes a huge hit by playing Western Carolina a 2-7 Div 1-AA school. Texas only has room to move up inthe computers while everyone else is maxed out. Know the Human voters are 2/3 of the BCS standings so Texas is sitting very good right now.

Texas is sitting in a good position. They need to hope Cal beats USC.
STill a good year for texas considering they lost their best player last year.. Good job fellas

Cal is to low in the human polls to move up that high. Yes I know they will be beating USC which is the greatest program in the history of college athletics acording to ESPN and the rest of the media but even that won't be enough to make that big a jump.

lmao at horn. Amazing what one good year can do to a fan base.. i mean the swagger is definately back for texas alums.

Texas doesnt deserve it either

At least the good people of this country don't deserve to listen to you Texas fans in back to back years.

How can you say Texas is forgotten? They have played one game against a Top 10 caliber team and GOT SMOKED.......oh yeah AT HOME.

Like it or not that AT HOME fact should and will haunt Texas.

SHSUHorn said:
. Yes I know they will be beating USC which is the greatest program in the history of college athletics acording to ESPN and the rest of the media but even that won't be enough to make that big a jump.

3 heismans in 4 years..51 - 3 in their last 54 games, 2 championships..30 straight wins at home, Im pretty sure there is reason for the hype :shake:

PURPLE & GOLD said:
Texas doesnt deserve it either

At least the good people of this country don't deserve to listen to you Texas fans in back to back years.

How can you say Texas is forgotten? They have played one game against a Top 10 caliber team and GOT SMOKED.......oh yeah AT HOME.

Like it or not that AT HOME fact should and will haunt Texas.

Couldnt have said it better myself.. Texas right now is 2 - 1 against top 30 teams( a good chance nebraska falls out of the top 30 and they will only be 1 - 1 against the top 30), their sos is last out of the top 8 teams.
Not sure if beating up on teams like baylor sam houston rice and whoever else is in the big 2 deserve national title recognition.

DAMNT TO HELL....can we just fucking protect college football next year.
ONE YEAR no one go to the games that would fix this pathetic BCS shit.
Let USC and Texas earn their way by beating 3 Top Ten teams in consecutive weeks. The bullshit would be almost removed AND
A SEC team would win the title every year.

If OSU loses to Michigan... Texas CANNOT be the 1 loss team. They can't.. and if Michigan loses a close one.. no reason why they shoudn't be going right back as a 1 loss team.. OSU spanked Texas on the road... if Michigan plays them 1 point tougher than Texas did... you can't even make the argument for Texas...

Wisky is better than anyone's Texas beat.

USC did schedule the top team in the sec.. :shake: If my math is correct they are 2 - 0 against arkansas winning 120 - 31 'an_horse' They also challened Auburn in Auburn and shut them out 28 - 0 with a qb making his first career start. All im saying is the SEC is tough but they have been exposed come bowl season the last few years.

Look the point of the bcs is to do exactly what we are doin now.. they want us to debate it.. they like controversy .. I mean anyone remember last week, when ul won, everyone was talkin about them in the big game.. a lot will change in the next month.

Your reference to USC's AP MNC in a post discussing why Texas doesn't deserve to play for a national championship strikes me as incredibly ironic and insanely hypocritical. Just when I had gotten over the "next Gale Sayers" tripe. Nice work.

USC might not have deserved to play in the NC game that year, but the voters still thought they were the best team at years end, theres a difference.
I guess that was a shot at reggie bush.. i wont mention the fact that the greatest thing since sliced bread has the worst qb rating in the league at 55, an amazing 46% completion ratio and more interceptions than touchdowns.

abcs said:
USC did schedule the top team in the sec.. :shake: If my math is correct they are 2 - 0 against arkansas winning 120 - 31 'an_horse' They also challened Auburn in Auburn and shut them out 28 - 0 with a qb making his first career start. All im saying is the SEC is tough but they have been exposed come bowl season the last few years.

Look the point of the bcs is to do exactly what we are doin now.. they want us to debate it.. they like controversy .. I mean anyone remember last week, when ul won, everyone was talkin about them in the big game.. a lot will change in the next month.

Everyone? In Louisville?

Anyone with any knowledge of football knows you can't compare a team in late August to what the team is capable of in early January. Year after year its the same ole shit. Yes this brings some vailidity to Texas as the future #2 seed and I would respect them at #2 over USC just on the basis that Texas doesn't have ESPNs cock in their mouth.

abcs, Who's got scoreboard again? You were spewing this shit on covers last year only to come back in my thread and eat a big helping of crow. Also don't you go to school at Georgia? Worst fan in the world is a bandwagon jumper. You mention the last 3 years did you cheer them on before that when they were horrible? You pimp USC more then anyone on this site.

And Texas has had one good year? They are the winningest football program in the country since Mack Brown arrived on campus in 1998 (8 years > 3 years BTW). Texas will have 6 years in a row of 10 or more wins. USC has the same amount of BCS national trophies as Texas in that same time. Sorry a win over Big ten champ Michigan doesn't give you a title, LSU were the champs that year and would've stomped USC. Once again just read the scoreboard if I'm blabbing to much.

And your really comparing losses? Yes Texas lost at home but to the #1 team in the country with a QB that had only 3 quarters of college experience vs UNT and an injured and suspended secondary. Different team today.

USC lost to the fuckin BEAVERS TWO WEEKS AGO. You do know the Beavers were whipped by Cal, lost to ahem Washington St., and please say this with me got blown out by BOISE ST. Plus their mascot name are the Beavers. Gimme a break trying to talk smack on Texas lost to Ohio St. they would blow USC out the building anywhere they played.

No team that lost to the Beavers needs to be playing for any MNC. USC has one impressive win vs Stanford last week and we want to start pimping them for the MNC again. Please. Did we forget about the 3 weeks before the Beaver lost how they almost loss to Washington, ASU, and WSU. Please save the comments about Nebraska and TT because they would handle any of the 3 teams above. USC is not playing as well now as they were to start the season.

Sorry to show my Texas arrogance but you might want to look at our recent recruiting classes and know we are gonna be around for quite awhile.

Reggie Bush has gotten more hype for an NFL rookie in years. Of course by ESPN. He isn't even the best rookie on his own team (Hofstra holla!) and for a RB he has only 200 yards (2.6 ypc)? Like everyone knew the guy can't run up the middle and can only run sideline to sideline and thats whhat he did in college vs Fresno and the Beavers of the world.

Petey knew what he was doing I think when he left Reggie on the sidelines on 4th and 2 and the biggest play of the year for USC.

As for VY like every rookie QB he will struggle. He needs to adapt to the speed of the geame and learn to make better reads. How did Carson Palmer do in the beginning?

But what's Reggie gonna do? Gain more weight and grow a couple of inches so he can run up the middle and not bounce everything outside.

It was a bad loss to the beavers ( who are better than what you are giving them credit for, they are ranked 19th in usa todays rating..), but all will be forgotten if they can win out. Its not like Oregon St beat them, they handed them the game with all those turnovers. USC has had a lot of injuries to key guys, but are starting to get healthy now. I realize texas will be on the national scene for a while, but so will southern cal. You are making hypothetical statements instead of facts. We will see in a few weeks how the season pans out, but i def. would take Caroll over Mack Brown. If you cant win at texas then you cant win anywhere..and even he will say that.
Haha as far as jumpin on the bandwagon.. I just like Dynasties. Im a uga fan as well, but its been a bad season for us. Hell if sc keeps on losing, i might be a texas fan before too long :)

Take it easy..

reggie is a damn good slot receiver and returner though, I think his future is there.

abcs said:
If you cant win at texas then you cant win anywhere..and even he will say that.

I can't believe I'm about to back a texas fan but...

If you cant' win at USC, then you can't win anywhere. Sunshine, supermodels, free houses, money, suits and trips to vegas. Was that statement supposed to make Carroll seem like a better coach than smack brown (couldn't help myself ;-) )? Please.

Try coaching and recruiting to the thriving metropolis of Norman, OK.

I'm going to go wash this nasty taste out of my mouth now...:hairout:

IT will be Florida in the Bowl National Championship against either Michigan or Ohio State.

G-Man said:
IT will be Florida in the Bowl National Championship against either Michigan or Ohio State.

Why? Unless they get to play a 1 loss Auburn team, they'll have a hard time passing Texas in the Human polls, and they're as good as they're going to get in the computers. Texas is pretty much locked in at number 3 in the Human polls, and has nowhere to go but up in the computers.

I'm not convinced UF can run the table anyway.

SHSUHorn said:
I love how everyone forgets about Texas on this forum. Thank god the voters haven't since Texas will be at #3 in all polls except the BCS.

Texas though doesn't have a good ranking in the computer polls but it will as soon as they play A&M and Flordia takes a huge hit by playing Western Carolina a 2-7 Div 1-AA school. Texas only has room to move up inthe computers while everyone else is maxed out. Know the Human voters are 2/3 of the BCS standings so Texas is sitting very good right now.

Texas who?
lol6.gif

No offense, Horn, but I am hoping and praying as a Sooner fan that Texas does not make it to the National Championship game. That's not good for Oklahoma recruiting . . . . . . .

texasfight said:
Why? Unless they get to play a 1 loss Auburn team, they'll have a hard time passing Texas in the Human polls, and they're as good as they're going to get in the computers. Texas is pretty much locked in at number 3 in the Human polls, and has nowhere to go but up in the computers.

I'm not convinced UF can run the table anyway.

How is Florida pretty much fixed in the computer polls? Whoever Florida plays in the SEC Championship, they are going to be ranked nationally. Whoever Texas plays in the Big 12 championship will not be ranked nationally.
problems.gif

lol i cant believe horn said lsu would have spanked the trojans in 03. thats laughable. matt mauck was one of those "game manager" qb's. dont fuck it up and let the defense win was his job. u cant beat the trojans like that. it took a superhuman performance for them to lose.

adampeck said:
lol i cant believe horn said lsu would have spanked the trojans in 03. thats laughable. matt mauck was one of those "game manager" qb's. dont fuck it up and let the defense win was his job. u cant beat the trojans like that. it took a superhuman performance for them to lose.

Yea horn likes to play those hypothetical games instead of settling it on the field. Im sure he though auburn would have spanked usc as well :moose:
All i know is michigan was dominating everyone goin into the rose bowl that year and they got worked by SC.

abcs said:
It was a bad loss to the beavers ( who are better than what you are giving them credit for, they are ranked 19th in usa todays rating..), but all will be forgotten if they can win out. Its not like Oregon St beat them, they handed them the game with all those turnovers. USC has had a lot of injuries to key guys, but are starting to get healthy now. I realize texas will be on the national scene for a while, but so will southern cal. You are making hypothetical statements instead of facts. We will see in a few weeks how the season pans out, but i def. would take Caroll over Mack Brown. If you cant win at texas then you cant win anywhere..and even he will say that.
Haha as far as jumpin on the bandwagon.. I just like Dynasties. Im a uga fan as well, but its been a bad season for us. Hell if sc keeps on losing, i might be a texas fan before too long :)

Take it easy..

abcs, I actually think the Trojans would be the team to worry about if they win out because noone in the country will have the wins vs they have, Cal, Oregon, ND, Arkie, and Nebraska. My shots at you were mostly toward Texas having only one good year. Thats just ridiculous.

Also about Texas should have great teams I agree. But so should USC especially if agents pay for players families houses. These two teams are going to be meeting each other alot in the coming years.

adam, I'll let purple and gold answer that question. You had to play perfect to beat USC that year? You mean like the .500 team Cal was that year that beat them? Got it.

abcs, did you just say settle it on the field? What did Texas do to USC one more time last year? I forgot it was a one man team and he's gone now and Texas is doomed. You tell me who's having a better season Booty or Mccoy?

Damn I love this time of the year! This is when the smack really starts picking up!

abcs said:
Yea horn likes to play those hypothetical games instead of settling it on the field. Im sure he though auburn would have spanked usc as well :moose:
All i know is michigan was dominating everyone goin into the rose bowl that year and they got worked by SC.

Michigan lost 3 games that year. Not sure if I would call that dominant.

SHSUHorn said:
Michigan lost 3 games that year. Not sure if I would call that dominant.
They had 2 losses going into that game ( one by 3 and one by 4 points)..
They had won their last 6 games and most of them were in blowout fashion..

Anyway dont bring up that 4th and 2 anymore.. it still pains me :hairout:
BTW i cant say with 100% confidence that sc is better than texas this year, i am just saying if they both have 1 loss.. usc deserves to go over texas :shake:

abcs, you might be right. I'm really basing this because I really think USC will drop one. If they win out then will have the discussion and I may be singing a different tune. Texas still has to play Nebraska and A&M, Florida still has SC, FSU, and probably Arkansas.

Lots of football left. Michigan will get screwed in this whole equation because noone will want to see the rematch one month later. Texas has at least the "excuse" of that game was in Septemeber and this team is much better then the one that faced them.

We need a playoff.

ALRIGHT THATS ENOUGH!

We CAN NOT go back to 2003.

I will get really ugly if we start saying who would win out of LSU vs USC.
Our offense didnt win many or any games that year but that defense could not be beat when they were on their game.
Same can be said with USCs offense that year yadda yadda yadda.

I WON'T say LSU would have beat USC (we don't know that) BUT I WON'T hear a Trojan fan say we didnt belong on the field etc.

IM SERIOUS PEOPLE IS IT POSSIBLE TO FUCKING BOYCOTT ONE SEASON OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL? DAMNT WELL I WISH IT WAS

FUCK THESE UPTIGHT SUIT WEARING CRIMINALS RUINING THE BEST SPORT IN THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

Can we go back to LSU - AUBURN and take out the AUBURN replay guy and let that game be finished in a LEGAL, FAIR, ETHICAL manner?

This talk would end there because we all know LES MILES is the best coach in the country. You all would be lucky to have a coach of his statue.

That ref who picked up the flag on the PI made me sick in that auburn game..

Anyway A playoff would be so much fun to watch.. and great for the true fans and alums..

bottom line, we need a playoff.

I personally think Texas is the best 1 loss team....Mccoy is lighting it up and they are healthy in the secondary for the most part.

SHSUHorn said:
As for VY like every rookie QB he will struggle. He needs to adapt to the speed of the geame and learn to make better reads. How did Carson Palmer do in the beginning?

You didn't really say that, did you? Comparing VY to Carson Palmer as a QB? C'mon dude, lets not get carried away. VY is an elusive (if not particularly fast) running player, but he is just not a pro-style QB. I know you don't want to believe this, but it's true.

PURPLE & GOLD said:
This talk would end there because we all know LES MILES is the best coach in the country. You all would be lucky to have a coach of his statue.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm.....

Back