It's a Start...SEC Shakeup

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
[h=1]SEC releases full 2014 schedule[/h]Updated: August 21, 2013, 12:35 PM ET
<CITE class=source>By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com</CITE>

<!-- end mod-article-title --><!-- begin story body -->BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The SEC will kick off under the lights next year with a cross-divisional matchup between Texas A&M and South Carolina on a Thursday night, Aug. 28, in Columbia, S.C., the league said Wednesday.
The announcement was made as part of a full-scale release of the 2014 conference schedule.
<!-- begin inline 1 -->
[h=4]SEC blog[/h]
sec.gif
ESPN.com's Chris Low and Edward Aschoff write about all things SEC football in the conference blog.
More:
Blog network: College Football Nation

<!-- end inline 1 -->Texas A&M will close out it schedule with a Thanksgiving Day game against visiting LSU on Nov. 27.
The SEC's inner-divisional games remained intact, but the cross-divisional games between the East and West were scrambled, highlighted by an Alabama-Florida matchup on Sept. 20 in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Georgia will travel to Arkansas and LSU hosts Kentucky on Oct. 18 as part of the new schedule. Ole Miss hosts Tennessee on Oct. 18, Missouri goes to Texas A&M on Nov. 15, South Carolina travels to Auburn on Oct. 25 and Mississippi State hosts Vanderbilt on Nov. 22.
"One year from today, August 21, 2014, the SEC Network will be launched, marking an historic day in the almost 80-year history of the Southeastern Conference," SEC commissioner Mike Slive said in the news release. "One week later, the SEC Network will kick off the 2014 football season with a conference game between Texas A&M and South Carolina scheduled for Thursday, August 28 in Columbia, S.C."
The format, however, won't be permanent. Slive announced at SEC Media Days in July that a committee to review the league's scheduling would be completed in time for the 2016 schedule. Whether the league remains with its six inner-division, one permanent cross-over and one rotating cross-over game (6-1-1) alignment or turns to a nine-game conference schedule remains to be seen.
"The objective of this review is to develop a scheduling format for the 2016 season and beyond, which will be in the best interests of the conference," Slive said at the Media Days. "The conference's current 6-1-1 scheduling format will continue until a new format is approved by the conference membership."

I was talking about Conference play. I just don't think the permanent opponent is "fair" to everyone. When Florida has to play LSU & Tennessee plays Alabama every year, Georgia has such a huge advantage playing Auburn

The series with AU is a lot closer than you give credit for. It is virtually cut down the center. Points scored is as close as any long lived series in the country.

All time I agree with but the past 3 years it's not even close. My biggest complaint is that having the constant gives teams an advantage/disadvantage. But I love our LSU game every year. Best fans to trash talk against. And the smell of corn dogs is unbelievable.

All time I agree with but the past 3 years it's not even close. My biggest complaint is that having the constant gives teams an advantage/disadvantage. But I love our LSU game every year. Best fans to trash talk against. And the smell of corn dogs is unbelievable.
The white trash redneck jort wearing Everglades trash that is a gator fan isn't talking about Tiger fans right? Say it ain't so...

The real problem is fuckin Bama and that shitty Tenn game... The LSU Fla game is awesome, but I would be in favor of no perm opponent....LSU gets UGA and FLA

Bama gets Tenn and insert joke here

The permanent opponents are a stupid idea, especially post expansion. But if we have to have one it might as well be Florida.

The real problem is fuckin Bama and that shitty Tenn game... The LSU Fla game is awesome, but I would be in favor of no perm opponent....LSU gets UGA and FLA

Bama gets Tenn and insert joke here

Didnt hear much whining when Peyton Manning was running train on us and Tenn won 10 of 12. But, I agree that making everyone have a permanent cross division rival is dumb. Move to a 9 game conference schedule (which every coach voted against but Saban), and let Bama play the vols and UGA and AU every year, the rest rotate the 3 cross division games unless the schools vote on a permanent opponent (which they did in 1992)

Didnt hear much whining when Peyton Manning was running train on us and Tenn won 10 of 12. But, I agree that making everyone have a permanent cross division rival is dumb. Move to a 9 game conference schedule (which every coach voted against but Saban), and let Bama play the vols and UGA and AU every year, the rest rotate the 3 cross division games unless the schools vote on a permanent opponent (which they did in 1992)
Ahhhhhhhh glad I could rustle the bushes and get your ass out!!!!! I hope all is well, and I look forward to your posts

Elaborate on the rest? The Tenny thing just needs to be let go....you understand why every coach voted against it ?

Give the people what they want GPS!!!!!(a GPS SEC preview LOL)

Holla

Ahhhhhhhh glad I could rustle the bushes and get your ass out!!!!! I hope all is well, and I look forward to your posts

Elaborate on the rest? The Tenny thing just needs to be let go....you understand why every coach voted against it ?

Give the people what they want GPS!!!!!(a GPS SEC preview LOL)

Holla

Yeah I'm not sure what the answer is for the scheduling. As long as it's only unfair for the bottom tier teams, nobody will complain I reckon. I'm trying to get something together for the season, but I'm in the midst of opening up my own business, so that's taking a lot of my free time. I'll see what I can do over the weekend. Hope you're doing well twinkie.

P.S. I think LSU is going to be better than people are saying right now. LSU being under the radar scares the crap out of me

Changed it for you
Good point. As for Tennessee's run against Bama back then, LSU still had the much tougher draw anyway. What is UF's record against them since the split, like 16-5 or something like that? It's just that back then it was a problem for us trying to get bowl eligible and competing with the likes of Ole Miss and Miss State, instead of competing for championships.

I think these "bridge" schedules are the biggest problem. Just pick some kind of format and go with it. This crap where they're just assigning games on a whim is what is screwing teams.

Back