Is Roy not playing today for Portland?

tazz

blankets refugee
tuck said in the discussion thread that roy won't play...what happened and is that why the line went up?

The news was not good out of the Trail Blazers shootaround Tuesday morning: All-Star guard Brandon Roy has declared himself doubtful to play in tonight's game against Boston at the Rose Garden because of a lower right hamstring injury.
"I'm kind of doubtful,'' Roy said. "It's a little more serious than I thought. It still hurts.''
Roy was slated for treatment this morning, and more later today when he arrives at the Rose Garden. He said he will try to warm-up and assess whether he can give the team anything, but neither Roy nor coach Nate McMillan were very hopeful.
The question is not so much whether Roy could play tonight as much as whether Roy could make it out of tonight's game without making the injury worse.

"The question now is do you risk it for one game or be a little more patient?'' Roy said. "We still have a couple days until the next game. That's kind of what we are looking at right now.''
If Roy is unable to play, McMillan said he will start rookie Rudy Fernandez at shooting guard and move rookie Jerryd Bayless into the backup role, where he will play alongside Sergio Rodriguez.
Center Greg Oden, who injured his left ankle in Monday's practice, was active in the team's shootaround and coach Nate McMillan said he expects the rookie to start.
The team is still listing both Roy and Oden as game-time decisions.

portland won outright....should've played it....but i didn't think they could get it done w/o roy

yup betcrimes....teams can often play as well, if not better w/o their star player for a game b/c they all know they need to step up...i didn't feel comfortable playing it w/o roy though...live and learn

Should have played the side as well as the team total. Boston playing 4 in 6 on the road was not going to dominate on the boards so Portland had to have a real chance.

Back