Is Mike Scioscia's job in jeopardy?

A better question is how could it not be?

Or an even better question is will Scioscia, GM Dipoto, or both be gone at the end of the season?

This is what happens when you have the 4th worst record in the AL, sit 15 games out of first place, and have the 6th highest payroll in baseball + attendance is down on an average of around 3-4K a game. It's kind of hard to guess what will happen here. Scioscia and Dipoto are reportedly not getting along, so it's likely that at least one will go. Dipoto is in his second year and is signed to '14. Scioscia is in his 14th yr and is signed to '18.

I think there's reason to blame the Angels season on the manager, GM, AND the owner.

Scioscia - May not have won the WS since 02, but was the Manager of the Year in '09. Has made some terrible decisions at times, plus his team isn't a typical Angels team. It's like the Angels don't even remember the fundamentals anymore, and that is a big screwup in coaching. This is a new franchise that is likely in need of a new leader...so IMO Scioscia's gone.

Dipoto - Made some awful pitching pickups plus the whole Trout ordeal earlier. Still he was handcuffed with HAVING to give monster contracts to Pujols and Hamilton, and he's got the worst farm system in the majors (according to reports, though I'm not sure why considering 5 of their 7 farm teams are likely heading to the playoffs). He did what the owner wanted...so how can the owner fire him?

Moreno - The real man who's responsible for this mess for everything I just said about Dipoto.

should be fired, not completely his fault because he can't do what he wants to with this lineup but get him out

It's not his fault that Moreno gave out two of the worst contracts in MLB history. Pujols has 8 years/$212 million remaining after this season.

Coaching wise, he's been making alot of bad decisions. He'll give the ooder of when to swing WHEN the shouldn't be swinging and he'll leave his bad pitchers out for too long. But, I think the GM is just as bad...Pujols and Hammy!

If Pujols has any remorse, I hope he does the right thing and maybe, just maybe re-negotiate his contract...which I doubt he'll do!

Back