Is Andy Murray Scottish or British?

Yup lareux I have used big faves in ml parlays recently. Pretty interesting stuff.

Good deal raiders. Glad to hear things are well.

ku-medium.gif

That's reversed. I watched it live (posted a screen shot) - Gerard was on the right, whats-his-face on the left.

Ohhh you don't say. What are you gonna tell me next, that Gerard wasn't wearing the photo shopped glasses either lol geeez

It's reversed that way to better parody this classic....

tumblr_mdsj6mkFDT1r0wmpgo1_1280.gif

Yup lareux I have used big faves in ml parlays recently. Pretty interesting stuff.

Good deal raiders. Glad to hear things are well.

I can't get enough of it, really got turned on to it in 2009 while on my honeymoon in Vanuatu. It's all they had down there, as the islands were about an hour northeast of Australia. Do you actually watch the games, or just use them in parlays? Watching live is a bit of an issue, but that's what they made a DVR for. They have replays every single night on Fox Soccer, and probably show 4-6 different games from the previous weekend.

One quirky thing they do...if their Grand Final (Super Bowl) ends in a draw, they come back the following week and play again. None of that overtime crap, let's just play another game the following week...could you imagine having another Super Bowl the week after the first one? That would be epic. It just recently happened in 2010, when Collingwood and St Kilda played to a draw in the Grand Final. Collingwood won the Grand Final Replay the following week.

Get to watching some footie y'all!!

Ohhh you don't say. What are you gonna tell me next, that Gerard wasn't wearing the photo shopped glasses either lol geeez

It's reversed that way to better parody this classic....

Since I wasn't aware of "this classic", you may better appreciate the reason for my original post (and as an aside, the fact any gif has something else shopped into it, is no clue that the original source material has been reversed/mirrored).

I can't get enough of it, really got turned on to it in 2009 while on my honeymoon in Vanuatu. It's all they had down there, as the islands were about an hour northeast of Australia. Do you actually watch the games, or just use them in parlays? Watching live is a bit of an issue, but that's what they made a DVR for. They have replays every single night on Fox Soccer, and probably show 4-6 different games from the previous weekend.

One quirky thing they do...if their Grand Final (Super Bowl) ends in a draw, they come back the following week and play again. None of that overtime crap, let's just play another game the following week...could you imagine having another Super Bowl the week after the first one? That would be epic. It just recently happened in 2010, when Collingwood and St Kilda played to a draw in the Grand Final. Collingwood won the Grand Final Replay the following week.

Get to watching some footie y'all!!

Sport's so damn boring though, would be a pain in the ass just to check scores ... the scores themselves would depress me.

Sport's so damn boring though, would be a pain in the ass just to check scores ... the scores themselves would depress me.

The sport is boring? Have you actually watched a game? Not sure how one could say it's boring when there is a running clock and non-stop action. What is boring about it? There isn't a 30 second break in between plays that you're accustomed to? It's like soccer on steroids. I understand some say that soccer is boring, I've just never heard anyone say that the AFL is boring. If you don't understand the rules that's one thing, but to say it's boring...

Don't get bent out of shape, I thought you were talking about soccer.

Lareux, you are one touchy motherfucker. I don't know about you, but I don't always read threads in their entirety. I read post 54, no one's even talking about Andy Murray anymore, and the only name of a sport mentioned is soccer, as in the sport you were watching was on the Fox Soccer Channel. Plus I was obviously fucking around, reading a couple threads, and posting bored. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. (Even though Australian Rules Football is for pedophiles, obviously.)

I've seen replays and read about it lareux, about it lol. Haven't seen one second live but I think it's pretty cool stuff.

Lareux, you are one touchy motherfucker. I don't know about you, but I don't always read threads in their entirety. I read post 54, no one's even talking about Andy Murray anymore, and the only name of a sport mentioned is soccer, as in the sport you were watching was on the Fox Soccer Channel. Plus I was obviously fucking around, reading a couple threads, and posting bored. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. (Even though Australian Rules Football is for pedophiles, obviously.)
He's a 14 on the 1-10 serious scale.

Flipping to the Golf Channel and I see a girl leading the tournament and she has the Scot flag flying. Fucking tennis execs manufacturing drama ... Again.

What countries make up the United Kingdom then? The same as Great Britain? In golf they represent their country more than this little alliance known as GB. For example they show the English flag rather than the GB flag. In tennis they show the GB flag.

So WTF is part of the UK and how does it differ vs GB? All these countries should be independent of one another cause its damn confusing!

I see there's a video now I thought it was just a picture reading through originally. Ill watch later and be that much smarter for it.

227px-United_Kingdom_labelled_map7.png

The island of England, Scotland and Wales makes up Great Britain. Hope this helps.

The UK and Great Britain are the same thing, yes. It's not really that confusing if you watch the video in this thread.

:shake:

- The United Kingdom is not the same thing as The British Isles (the former is a political term, the latter is a geographical term)

- Great Britain is part of the British Isles

- therefore Great Britain is not the same thing as The United Kingdom.

- The United Kingdom is not the same thing as The British Isles (the former is a political term, the latter is a geographical term)

- Great Britain is part of the British Isles

- therefore Great Britain is not the same thing as The United Kingdom.

Yes, that's why I deleted the post you quoted.

:shake:

"United Kingdom" means "Great Britain and Northern Ireland. " This definition applies from 12 April 1927.

"United Kingdom" means "Great Britain and Northern Ireland. " This definition applies from 12 April 1927.

That's still not correct. The term "Great Britain" doesn't incorporate, for example, all the islands that make up part of Scottish territory (the term Great Britain refers only to the giant landmass that is mainland Wales, England & Scotland), as the video on page 1 of this thread points out (a relevant still from which is)...

View attachment 31817

whereas all of Scottish territory (mainland Scotland and all it's islands not considered part of the landmass called Great Britain, ie. in that picture above, those islands close to Scotland but colored blue, like the Hebrides) is part of the United Kingdom. So wherever you sourced that quote from, the author has lazily overlapped terminologies. If (s)he wanted to get cute & mix the geographical term with the political one, at the very least (s)he should have said -

"United Kingdom" means "Great Britain, associated islands and Northern Ireland. " This definition applies from 12 April 1927.

Back