Iowa

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
24-17 (+9.08) split last time out

Glad to have Iowa back. They typically put on an awesome damn show and it’s a doubleheader. Hard to believe Dixon hasnt won here, that may very well change. Turned into a Penske track pretty much. Josef will be too cheap but maybe Power will be at a decent number. I’ll ramble at some point.

CE940DDD-52C6-448D-823D-EA8C70E211EF.png

One of Harvey’s better tracks, but I still think he’s a shitcan. Herta has had terrible luck here. Pagenaud really has had a good year (10th in points) and is only 33 points away from 6th. Rahal might have a strong showing here but always qualifying 14th makes you so vulnerable.

Saturday looks to be a damn scorcher with it easing up for Sunday. We’ll keep an eye on that of course

Power with four poles here but the best he could muster out of them was a best of finishing 4th. Actually he always qualifies well here and did have the second place on the back end of the doubleheader when they were last here in 2020. Think he’d be my long shot at +1000, but passing per usual. Josef at +350 is a damn joke.

Obviously Conor is the biggest surprise, but he did qualify on pole and 3rd for the second race last time they were here. Those resulted in an 8th and a 13th. Not great but pretty damn good for him. Rossi rolled of the truck with a Pinto

1F7F581E-04D5-4D95-B7E1-0584DB4C02AA.jpeg

Obviously the tire deg in this heat is a major issue. And when they go, they really go. Almost everyone was running setups for race stints because this was the only practice. You gotta show up with your notes from the past and really find it quickly. The drivers will be beat down for the Sunday race. Can’t wait for these races, you don’t have time to go grab a cold one that’s for sure.

Storm rolling in before the 2019 race. Cool shot. We’ll firm up forecast with the coffee in the morning

08C574FB-E86B-4D5C-A3AD-6B885E760236.jpeg

Reactions: KJ
Race 1 qualifying. Herta said they will more than likely do an engine change after the first race so he would start at the back tomorrow.

911C4049-B237-4E34-943F-DC1FA099B638.jpeg

To show you how wild this race is, only one pole sitter has won the race out of 15 attempts. Waiting on numbers and seeing if I can find any relevant info. Rossi is damn sure a fade, but they’ll probably match him with some middle of the pack guys

Herta -120 Daly….don’t feel great about it but you don’t ever get that one. Reminder that Herta has stunk it up here

Updated grid after Herta engine change. Lost 9 spots . Over the last 8 races here, Josef has led over 60% of the laps run. Staggering. He’s +175 to +250 this morning. Not sure Ive ever seen a shorter number. I need a good day to get some mojo back.

F6E13AB3-83F5-475C-947C-6B67A21DA56D.jpeg

Back