Introducing your 2013-2014 Superbowl Champs...

Did the NFL reinstate the Saints defense too?

I noticed they were missing all year too.
spags bro...it's a one man fix..you just blitz your shitty players every play and put the your shitty corners in man and bam....50 interceptions....there's no variance involved..

There's your 'ship.

payton was sorely missed in the offeason/training camp/beginning of season.

it was evident, hes good for a few more wins

spags bro...it's a one man fix..you just blitz your shitty players every play and put the your shitty corners in man and bam....50 interceptions....there's no variance involved..

There's your 'ship.
I assume you are being cheeky, so tell me what changed from last year to this?

As long as Spags is coaching your defense, you have no shot.
Talk to me. Jump was making fun obviously, but it looked like prevent consistently. The Saints have been awful defensive talent evaluateors....the oppo of what gold they have found on offense. Gregg Williams, in my eyes, worked wonders it appears with what he had,

What is your contention?

Brett Favre coming back to gift another NFC Championship game? If not, Jesus couldn't coach a team with that defense to the SB.....

Payton said he's going to take his time on hiring a new D Coordinator

There is speculation that Crennel and Mangini are in line for the gig bc of the Bill Parcelles connection, and that Crennel is favored out of the 2

[–]vinnyv18 662 points <time title="Mon Jan 28 19:08:08 2013 UTC" datetime="2013-01-28T19:08:08+00:00">4 hours</time> ago
<form action="http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/17fylz/iam_roger_goodell_nfl_commissioner_ama/#" class="usertext" id="form-t1_c854clsg1e" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: small;">Any chance the Saints get back their 2nd round pick for this years draft?

</form>

[–]NFL_Commish[S] 908 points <time title="Mon Jan 28 19:22:25 2013 UTC" datetime="2013-01-28T19:22:25+00:00">3 hours</time> ago
<form action="http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/17fylz/iam_roger_goodell_nfl_commissioner_ama/#" class="usertext" id="form-t1_c854njbqp7" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: small;">No, the penalty will continue to include the 2nd round draft choice in 2013.

</form>

Coach Sean Payton said the Saints' search for a defensive coordinator will pick up after the Super Bowl.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune has added four more potential candidates to the list: 49ers LBs coach Jim Leavitt, Ravens LBs coach Ted Monachino, Browns LBs coach Billy Davis, and ex-Cowboys DC Rob Ryan. Ryan is obviously the most recognizable name, and he joins Romeo Crennel and Eric Mangini as rumored veteran candidates. The Saints and the Eagles seem to be linked to the same names as they both attempt to transition to the 3-4.

you'd think so the way the SF LBs can play. I'd like to think someone can evaluate LB talent better than we have the last few years.

New Orleans Saints
Coach Sean Payton will interview Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham on Thursday and former Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on Friday, according to a league source. A second source confirmed Grantham and Ryan will be in New Orleans on Thursday and Friday, respectively.

Right. Sooooo players settled for less and the money goes into goodells pocket. Is that what the lockout was for?

Saints restructure contracts w/ Colston, Jahri Evans, Ben Grubbs, and David Hawthrone to save about $10 mil for 2013. Still working on Will Smith and Jon Vilma to restructure their contracts.

Saints restructure contracts w/ Colston, Jahri Evans, Ben Grubbs, and David Hawthrone to save about $10 mil for 2013. Still working on Will Smith and Jon Vilma to restructure their contracts.

Mickey Loomis doing his thing. Be nice if Brees would too, but aint happening.

2nd round tenders for RB Chris Ivory and C Brian De La Puente

Just re-signed DE/OLB Junior Galette to a 3 year deal, dont know for how much.

Jon Vilma, Will Smith, and Roman Harper all look to be possible cuts if they dont restructure.

Jermon Bushrod is supposedly one of the top LT FA out there. He's our #1 priority but he wants to be paid and would just be a bad contract if he got what he thought he deserved.

2nd round tenders for RB Chris Ivory and C Brian De La Puente

Just re-signed DE/OLB Junior Galette to a 3 year deal, dont know for how much.

Jon Vilma, Will Smith, and Roman Harper all look to be possible cuts if they dont restructure.

Jermon Bushrod is supposedly one of the top LT FA out there. He's our #1 priority but he wants to be paid and would just be a bad contract if he got what he thought he deserved.
By paragraph or bullet:

I hope both Ivory and De La stay....De La more important, but I want both.....I bet many teams want Ivory tho

Like Junior,,,,,solid player

All those dudes can bounce if they dont want to restructure

Bushrod is in the craziest situation.....good for him. The worst year ever for LTs(meaning they aint got none)....someone overpays for him(maybe Saints) I just hope we keep him and dont get a shitshow there...

im fine with bushrod being allowed to walk. we're already strapped with brees' contract, no reason to overpay for a LT who is overrated.

keenan lewis reportedly close to signing a deal with the Saints. i like the signing if its true, hopefully at a home discount price.

Saints signed CB Keenan Lewis to a five-year, $26 million contract with $11 million guaranteed.

Lewis, 27 in May, really came on as a 16-game starter in Dick LeBeau's Steelers defense last year, recording 71 tackles and a league-high 23 pass breakups. His ball skills (one career INT) leave a lot to be desired, but 6-foot, 208-pound Lewis could be a poor man's Brandon Carr under Rob Ryan. He's big, effective in zone, physical enough to play press man, and can move around. Expect Patrick Robinson to be demoted as Lewis starts opposite Jabari Greer.

According to sources...

we will be going after LB Victor Butler and have zero interest in Elvis Dumervil.

also TE Kellen Davis made a visit.

Last edited:
seems pretty straight forward to me...

move keenan lewis opposite jabari greer. patrick robinson covers the slot.

seems pretty straight forward to me...

move keenan lewis opposite jabari greer. patrick robinson covers the slot.
be nice that way....the Saints like White(Coreyyyyyyyy), have soured on Patrick it seems......can never have too many DBs

I think honestly they think Greer is almost done(altho he has been our best cover CB for a while now)

Nnnamdi is in town...he played best in Ryans system...is old yes, but at a discount,.......I dont hate it

In the right system Nnamdi could still be very viable....and the Saints system under Ryan could be it

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]In the division too renew....Julio, Roddy, Steve, Mike Williams, V-Jax....we need a big corner[/FONT]

nnamdi and the saints apparently 'hit it off'

we signed ben watson to be out backup TE. also signed LB Roman Humber.

reached an extension w/ courtney roby

I expect since the Saints havent already signed him then we wont until the market is bone dry or after the draft.

who knows. I wouldnt be upset over signing him unless it was for the right price.

We've got bigger concerns to address though in the front 7, need some guys who can apply pressure bc any corner will get burnt with how bad our rush was last year.

Saints resigned LB Will Herring.
LB Victor Butler visited and left w/o a contract, now visiting the Browns.

rumor is we are looking at LT Bryant McKinnie as a replacement for Bushrod.

also not official but Tracy Porter today. Galette tweeted he saw him around Saints camp.
its said that the Saints are waiting on Nnamdi w/ Porter as the fall back option.

Back